I finally have a solution to get rid of Religion in America !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by johnsweeting, Jun 29, 2013.

1. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,482
    EXACTLY !
    Thats the way I feel about it. Nothing worse then a born again Christian...well maybe a former smoker. Dont get me wrong,I have no problem with religion. In fact I'm a firm believer in the moral issue's it teaches. Just look at the ten commandments.
    But I guess having someone try and convert you,is better then having your head cut off because you're a none believer.

2. theword

theword VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    The only problem is that religious people will only remember the new car advertisements while praying to their false gods to give them a new car. This video is a normal everyday experience to them so it won't affect their minds.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,902
    Some people have irrational fears.

4. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,670
    Marguerite was awful the first time she was on the show. Just awful. Everyone hated her..including me. BUT..she was asked back again later on and accepted. This time, she was sent to a black family. The black wife went to Marguerite's family. They learned from her. But poor Marguerite was treated badly by the black husband. He was like He Who Shall Not Be Named that is no longer here. EXACTLY the same mentality. Whites are worthless, women less than worthless. He harped and nagged and belittled her no end due to what Blacks suffered during the slavery days. The more she tried to understand WHY he was still so angry about it and even insulting her in front of his friends and family, the meaner he got. Finally, she said something to him that made me like her. A lot. And so did many other people who watched that show and saw the FIRST crazy marguerite. What she said to him was "I have never seen a black person. I have. Often. But I have never connected black to being any different than white. Until I met you. And it makes me sad. You showed me the differences. I am now no longer color blind". Even the guys family jumped on him about being so nasty to her and the continual preaching of Black Pride and Down With Whitey. Did he learn from what she said? Hell no. He loved his hatred too much.

So go ahead and make fun of Marguerite. She grew from that experience. And she lost her daughter to a car accident that killed her. I like her because I can relate to her now more than ever concerning the being color blind. I am no longer color blind either. And that, too, saddens me, but it also makes me more determined to be who I am stop being fair to some people who refuse to learn anything and continue to blame skin color for their own problems.

5. hobelim

hobelim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,534

Every law is based on religious tenants and most of those laws based on perverse interpretations of scripture.

Was there ever a time when believers did not try to impose their perverted view of the world on everyone else through law?

6. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    That would be utterly false.

7. percysunshine

percysunshine Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,490
    There was always Stalin's Russia.