I finally decided to do it...

Said1 said:
That sucks. I'm horribly impatient, I probably would have waited. :D

That's a different tatoo, I like all the red. I have three, one I regret (covering a scar), one I love, kinda neutral on the third.

i would have, had it not been daylight savings time, and i had to work today.

i have always wanted one, but I didn't want to get the 'usual' girlie stuff like flowers, roses, dolphins (though i thought about the dolpins)...etc. for my first one, it was either Stitch (from Lilo&Stitch) in his elvis costume or on the surfboard, or Fawkes. I decided to go for Fawkes, and get Stitch later somewhere else, probably my leg.

I guess i like Fawkes because of what he represents. I might have them put a small tear in his eye, because of the symbolism that phoenix tears have healing powers.

getting tattoos in my family is not uncommon.
My mom has 2 tattoos. One on her right shoulder of a baby devil (with diaper and little pitchfork), and a tribal design on her right upper arm. My dad has just one on his right forearm of a black panther head. my grandpa who was in the air force has one of a bald eagle. my step-dad has 3...taz, the HD logo, and a fender guitar. my friend's husband has a half-naked girl in cammo holding a paintball gun. my grandma has one on her shoulder of the name of the band she was in when she was in her 20's.

I am getting mine on my lower back because i need it somewhere that isn't visible at work. visible tattoos are no-no.

My baby is about to take this step. He has been looking for something really different, and I think he's finally found it. Some ancient or foriegn representation of music. My baby.

gop_jeff said:
I finally decided to do it as well...

Now my wife and I are expecting!
Are you saying you got one & now you're pregnant? Or you just made the decision? And what have/did you decide on ?

fuzzykitten99 said:
i would have, had it not been daylight savings time, and i had to work today.

i have always wanted one, but I didn't want to get the 'usual' girlie stuff like flowers, roses, dolphins (though i thought about the dolpins)...etc. for my first one, it was either Stitch (from Lilo&Stitch) in his elvis costume or on the surfboard, or Fawkes. I decided to go for Fawkes, and get Stitch later somewhere else, probably my leg.

I guess i like Fawkes because of what he represents. I might have them put a small tear in his eye, because of the symbolism that phoenix tears have healing powers.

getting tattoos in my family is not uncommon.
My mom has 2 tattoos. One on her right shoulder of a baby devil (with diaper and little pitchfork), and a tribal design on her right upper arm. My dad has just one on his right forearm of a black panther head. my grandpa who was in the air force has one of a bald eagle. my step-dad has 3...taz, the HD logo, and a fender guitar. my friend's husband has a half-naked girl in cammo holding a paintball gun. my grandma has one on her shoulder of the name of the band she was in when she was in her 20's.

I am getting mine on my lower back because i need it somewhere that isn't visible at work. visible tattoos are no-no.

My father's arms are like a Rockwell print I had seen once, where a man was getting a tattoo of a woman's name on his arm. The funny part was that his entire arm was also covered with women's names, only they had a lines tattooed through each of them. :D

no1tovote4 said:
On my upper left arm I have a young wizard holding a chrystal ball, on my right shoulder I have a unicorn, on my upper left shoulder I have a dagger and rose. On my right forearm I have the Eye of Horus.

They sound pretty cool, you'll have to post some photos sometime. I'd like to get one of mine touched up, but like so many other things, it's on the "list". :laugh:

Here's the last one I got...

I do all of mine in Black and Red and they are all my own design.

Attachments

• $untitled.bmp
    57.7 KB · Views: 62

Forum List

Back