I Figure This Is Where The Democrats Lose The Bush Wars About Now

Titanic Sailor

Aug 31, 2009
You know, the wars Democrats voted for also, including funding, surges, etc. Attacked the Green Zone today when Bidenhole in town. Vietnam, I mean Afghanistan, has become a US drug war against poor people, instead of chasing terrorists. I figure it's only down hill from here as the government mismanagement continues. Deficits neither Democrats or the GOP have any interest in seeing paid off, the days of massive corruption are here. All we can do is pray our troops avoid harms way while the clown show continues.

I think we just start by jailing every politician in the last twenty years, and start over. Any government worker making over 100k taxed at 100% over that amount unless they did OT. If they can make more than that on OT, hire some more people.

I'll be honest, we were a much better nation under Bush/Cheney, as bad as they sucked.

Last edited:
Yes unfortunately i have to agree with you. This current administration has shown no real commitment to winning the Afghan War so it is time to just bring our kids home. You can't win a War when you're not truly committed to winning it. Our current President is on record saying "Victory is not the goal in Afghanistan." What does that mean to our kids who are risking their lives every day over there? Pretty confusing message there. As far as their "Drug War" goes,it's doomed to fail in the end. They are only turning the poor people against us and helping the Taliban & Al Qaeda. It's just like what we've done in Central and South America with our failed "Drug Wars" there. The people end up turning against us. We have no business burning those poor people's crops. Just more misguided and failed foreign interventionism. It's simply none of our business what those people grow. Hunt the Terrorists not the poor farmers. In the end i just plead with our President to just bring our kids home immediately. There is no commitment to winning therefore our kids need to come home now. Thanks for your post Titanic.

You know, the wars Democrats voted for also, including funding, surges, etc. Attacked the Green Zone today when Bidenhole in town. Vietnam, I mean Afghanistan, has become a US drug war against poor people, instead of chasing terrorists. I figure it's only down hill from here as the government mismanagement continues. Deficits neither Democrats or the GOP have any interest in seeing paid off, the days of massive corruption are here. All we can do is pray our troops avoid harms way while the clown show continues.

I think we just start by jailing every politician in the last twenty years, and start over. Any government worker making over 100k taxed at 100% over that amount unless they did OT. If they can make more than that on OT, hire some more people.

I'll be honest, we were a much better nation under Bush/Cheney, as bad as they sucked.

Interesting post Titanic........so I imagine you have a solution to this conflict?

1. Pull out immediately
2. Maintain the existing security forces to keep the peace
3. Escallate the conflict to the point we win

What is your course of action? America wants to know

Last edited:
We have no business telling poor farmers around the World what they can and can't grow. This is not the time for a "Drug War" in Afghanistan. It's just a huge mistake in the end. They are only turning the poor people against us and pushing them towards supporting the Taliban & Al Qaeda. Let those poor people grow what they want to grow and just hunt & kill the Taliban. We're not making any friends with this "Drug War" in Afghanistan. These same misguided foreign interventions have failed miserably in Central and South America. The poor farmers in those countries now fully support Anti-American Leftist Thugs. So lets stop burning their crops and just hunt & kill the Taliban and Al Qaeda instead.

I'm for leaving right now, lock stock and barrel.

Afghanis and Iraqis should handle their own problems, no more Imperial Police crap.

The invasion of Iraq in 2003 doomed any chance for Afghanistan success. Let's leave, and now.

Bush should have had us out of there years ago. Nation building garbage. Iraq he had no business going in on his intel or sales pitch to the world. Afghanistan, hell, not sure why we stayed there, the locals slaughtered all the Arabs when we arrived. Osamma doesn't dare go there now. We can cut some serious costs and bring our folks home from around the world. It's time.

A "Drug War" is the last thing we need in Afghanistan at this point. First things first. Hunt & kill the Taliban & Al Qaeda and stop burning poor farmer's crops. We are not making any friends alienating the poor people in Afghanistan. This is just bad policy pure & simple. What is the current mission in Afghanistan? Do our kids over there even know? Our own President announced that "Victory is not the goal in Afghanistan." Not a wise thing to say. This President is clearly not fully committed to winning over there so it is time for our kids to come home. End of story.

The Afghanistan war is now Obama's war, and looks like he's losing it. NATO refueling trucks attacked in Pakistan. Maybe he'll send Hillary to go calm Pakistan down..............

Afghanistan is almost completely lost. McChrystal got out while the gettin was still good. He knew these guys were clueless incompetent weasels. Time to bring the kids home.

Forum List

Back