I feel sorry for today's teenagers.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
The sign on the entry door to McDonald's says "Committed to being America's first job" with the picture of a young American girl.

But when you walk in the door you almost need to know Spanish to get your order right or you have to yell your order so the 70 year old can hear you.

I do eat a fair amount of fast food during weekday lunch hours to get back to the jobsite quickly. Almost every fast food joint is like this EXCEPT Mexican & Chinese places. Of course they only hire their own.

The sign on the entry door to McDonald's says "Committed to being America's first job" with the picture of a young American girl.

But when you walk in the door you almost need to know Spanish to get your order right or you have to yell your order so the 70 year old can hear you.

I do eat a fair amount of fast food during weekday lunch hours to get back to the jobsite quickly. Almost every fast food joint is like this EXCEPT Mexican & Chinese places. Of course they only hire their own.
all my years in S.California i have never encountered people working fast food who did not speak English good enough for one to understand.......

Yeah it's just totally impossible to order a single thing at McDonald's these days...

:cuckoo:

Haven't been to a McDonalds in 30-40 years. Can't say I've liked them much since they did away with the real twin arches.

McDonalds_Museum.jpg

Used to get 5 hamburgers for a buck in high school.

My teen speaks Spanish and so do I what they hell is yer problemo, eh?

Yeah it's just totally impossible to order a single thing at McDonald's these days...

:cuckoo:
And the kiosks are in Arabic for the Muslims...

all my years in S.California i have never encountered people working fast food who did not speak English good enough for one to understand.......
They kinda have to since they gotta know what they are making or serving along with being exposed to English every day it's going to be easy for them to pick it up. But I have known American born kids that couldn't communicate well..

Last edited:
Mexican and Chinese places I can deal with. They know I have no idea how to pronounce anything I'm ordering correctly. I'm like, "Give me that thing with the steak in it." My order is right every time.

Haven't been to a McDonalds in 30-40 years. Can't say I've liked them much since they did away with the real twin arches.

View attachment 261150

That's back when they actually tasted like meat.

They kinda half to since they gotta know what they are making or serving along with being exposed to English every day it's going to be easy for them to pick it up. But I have known American born kids that couldn't communicate well..
tell that to gramps....i am well aware of it....

They kinda half to since they gotta know what they are making or serving along with being exposed to English every day it's going to be easy for them to pick it up. But I have known American born kids that couldn't communicate well..
tell that to gramps....i am well aware of it....
Hell, he hires illegals you'd think he'd be used to it...

Last time I went to McDonald's, an ISIS cell told me it was a no go zone in Spanish. They killed us all.

My first job was mowing lawns. I picked up an old mower at the dump got it running and walked all over town pushing it and knocking on doors to get customers.

That said i can't remember the last time I ate at McDonalds

The best public freakout videos occur in a fast food restaurant or a 24 hour Waffle House.

Down here its like bizarro world
all white kids and white seniors doing the jobs theyre not supposed to want to do

go figure

My first job was mowing lawns. I picked up an old mower at the dump got it running and walked all over town pushing it and knocking on doors to get customers.

That said i can't remember the last time I ate at McDonalds
My first job was Boyle's Joyland running the bumper cars at 14. Had many other "summer jobs" when I was younger such as bailing hay, branding cattle and mowing but those weren't "legit" taxed jobs.

View attachment 261150

That's back when they actually tasted like meat.
Haven't ate it for a couple of years. Salty crap makes me feel physically ill.
Arby's has sucked since they took out the fresh roasters years ago.
Burger King? :puke:

Forum List

Back