CDZ I feel like the President should be held to a higher moral standard

I won’t disagree with him that most parts of Africa are in terrible conditions right now and that’s why people are heading for the states.

However, I also feel that openly denouncing people who we consider to be allies and who we have given aid to, in a move that has incurred international backlash from just about every country on the planet for the sake of “Calling it like it is”, is extremely short sighted.

We’ve all had points where we’ve had to bite our tongues and collect ourselves. Trump has not done that, and it has instigated nuclear war and infuriated all of our international friends and scared/angered half of the United States.

But at least he looks badass?

Gee, since Trump made those comments in a private meeting with Democrats who then ran out and announced what he'd said to the world because he wouldn't give them what they wanted on their DACA deal...who is it that "openly denounced" anyone? You've admitted yourself that you don't disagree with Trump's assessment. What you seem to be upset about is that it might "offend" someone! Hard to see how anyone would have been offended if those Democrats hadn't decided that they needed to divulge what took place in private.

I don't even know what you're talking about with your claim that Trump has "instigated nuclear war"? We have two rogue nations he's dealing with...Iran who is looking for a nuke...and North Korea who has them and uses them to blackmail the rest of the world into supporting their corrupt and failing nation. I suppose your answer is to ignore Iran and North Korea?

...I'm perfectly comfortable with private meetings that will not be reported, where the sausage is made. It can be ugly and vulgar and sloppy, whatever it takes.

And I have less respect for the person who would go running to the press than I would for the person who said something "offensive".

I totally agree. I would be disappointed in the guys who spilled the beans (Teacher! Teacher! Donny said a bad word!!) except that no one can pin them down: who the leaker(s) was changes day to day. Durbin, surely, but Graham is one day on, one day off.

However, I also feel that openly denouncing people who we consider to be allies and who we have given aid to, in a move that has incurred international backlash from just about every country on the planet for the sake of “Calling it like it is”, is extremely short sighted.

Is it REALLY short-sighted? What is OUR role in propping up the corrupt, violent leaders of some of these places? The very aid we give --- more often than not -- is the PERPETUATION of that hell hole state.

I like respect and decorum. But we've become frail and sensitive to honest talk. Too many BIG words don't make the situation clearer. So "disruption" is a popular corporate meme. And disruption MAY BE the only thing to slow our slide into political and national dysfunction..

I'd rather see it come from a political party with a solid philosophy and political convictions. Like my Libertarian Party. Because it's a lot scarier when the disrupter has nebulous political convictions and more EGO than humility..

I won’t disagree with him that most parts of Africa are in terrible conditions right now and that’s why people are heading for the states.

We’ve all had points where we’ve had to bite our tongues and collect ourselves. Trump has not done that, and it has instigated nuclear war and infuriated all of our international friends and scared/angered half of the United States.

As you point out there was nothing so wrong with what he said, but clearly he shouldn't have said it when Democrats were around because the Democratic members of Congress, like Dick Durbin saw nothing wrong with harming US relations with these countries by repeating the comment if it meant creating some negative headlines about the President.

Why are Democrats so evil?

I won’t dusagree with him that most parts of Africa are in terrible conditions right now and that’s why people are heading for the states.

We've been biting our tongues for decades now, with little to no benefit. Nice to see someone finally kicking PC to the curb.

Deciding to vet people from the Middle East because some people might be in ISIS is kicking PC away, which is understandable.

Openly insulting people and degrading countries on an international stage, because you were frustrated and wanted to look like a badass is just dumb, imo. What did we gain from calling an entire continent and a few carribean islands a shithole?
Whoever leaked that comment made a mistake. We all knew what Trump was before hearing it, but the rest of the countries in the world (including the ones he called "shitholes") should not have heard it. It's only damaging. Trump didn't get behind the podium and say that. Someone leaked it. No doubt a Democrat, but it was short sighted, imo.
You see how completely SICKENING TWATS LIKE YOU ARE,you are effectively endorsing all this rhetoric and Bullshit the likes of Trump spew,AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GET CAUGHT'
But the rest of the world KNOW exactly what you are like,Hypocrites... We just don't bother to listen to a disorganized,discredited and failing America anymore,you are too introspective these days...you are regarded as a Joke.

You only extort from poorer Countries and use them for profit for yourselves....In fact it is YOU that should be living in Mud Huts,PAY YOUR DEBT BACK AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN........You have become a LOUSY,LAZY People...........Time you Fcuked Off out of other peoples affairs,and STOPPED propping up DESPOTIC REGIMES.....Ceeps

China and Russia are awaiting in the Wings,they will do a much better job

Last edited:

You do know this was behind closed doors right? And who gets to decide motal standard the left who thinks it's normal for guys to put on a dress and use the little girls bathroom?
YAWN

Forum List

Back