I feel bad for children sometimes

Kagom

Jan 16, 2006
Vicksburg, MS
This happened on Tuesday: I was at the bus stop waiting to get my bus to go home and this woman (somewhat obese) was sitting with her child in the stroller. The child himself was about 5 or 6 and could barely speak at all. What disgusted me was the clothes were a size or two too small for the kid, as well as his slippers/shoes, and he was covered in cookie crumbs. I could barely look at the child without feeling sorry for him. It's enough the child's being kept to a stroller for a baby, but the clothes and the cookie crumbs just made my stomach churn.

That's bad enough... :(

Parents aren people who have babies. Parents are people who RAISE children...not simply feed lifeforms. Obese kids ARE being abused through their parents neglect.

Same goes for kids who throw tantrums....same goes for kids who grow up to be liberals.

;)

:D

That's bad enough... :(

Parents aren people who have babies. Parents are people who RAISE children...not simply feed lifeforms. Obese kids ARE being abused through their parents neglect.

Same goes for kids who throw tantrums....same goes for kids who grow up to be liberals.

;)

:D
Nice try, but I'm not a liberal :D

She also kept calling the child "Special".

Perhaps the child was mildly retarded? (Or whatever the current PC term is).
Whether that is the case or not in regards to his speech, she shouldn't have him displayed like that. He kept trying to stand up, but as brought back to the stroller because of the strap on his thigh.

Whether that is the case or not in regards to his speech, she shouldn't have him displayed like that. He kept trying to stand up, but as brought back to the stroller because of the strap on his thigh.

New details. It sounds unsettling, and it is possible that the mom is a jerk, but it's also true that some kids with disabilities have to be protected from themselves. There is no excuse for dirty clothes or bodies, IMO.

New details. It sounds unsettling, and it is possible that the mom is a jerk, but it's also true that some kids with disabilities have to be protected from themselves. There is no excuse for dirty clothes or bodies, IMO.
Exactly my sentiments.

Whoever it is, it ain't her.:shocked1:

"How do you no that"? Glock could very well be Julia Roberts...or Kim Bassinger or whoever...after all this is internet...one can be whomever they want to be...a pauper could be a Prince or Princess or vis a vis...!

I like Glock...so there!

Only if Glock were superliberal could she be Julia Roberts. She is one of those quoted with that "Republican is between Reptile and Repugnant in the dictionary" types...

Forum List

Back