i feel as if god is talking through my heart

way to denigrate tradational marriage, simply because you dont agree with preserving the traditional marriage.
perhaps you need to speak of god's word to all the divorced christians...seems yall tend to think marriage is a temporary thing that is between a man and a woman for a few years.....get off your high horse...you look silly and pompus when more the highest divorce rates are in the bible belt.

God used to allow divorce, per the OT- and commanded that non-virgin brides be slain

Jesus condemned divorce save for cases of adultery and never repealed that second commandment...

Now, who can tell me how modern 'christian marriage' compares to those standards? :rolleyes:

show me how people are denigrating your defination of marriage.....are they the ones divorcing...3x or more...now even ministers can be divorced..setting a nice example for the others

way to denigrate tradational marriage, simply because you dont agree with preserving the traditional marriage.

So, unable to respond to any of my points, you accuse me of denigrating a system that's a joke of itself :lol:

o its the pick and chose bible type....pick this out to hate this group but ignore what they wish to ignore

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to strollingbones again.'

:doubt:

Last edited:
what does that have to do with anything, other then to personally attack me ?

God used to allow divorce, per the OT- and commanded that non-virgin brides be slain

Jesus condemned divorce save for cases of adultery and never repealed that second commandment...

Now, who can tell me how modern 'christian marriage' compares to those standards? :rolleyes:

You married yet Marty ?

im talking about god's word, which clearly states that marriage is between a man and a woman

I guess anyone of faith is ill informed and stupid to you sir

defending traditional marriage of the last 2,000 years, which has always been between a man and a woman

okay, you're too uninformed to ever speak again.

That';s a recent form of marriage, and polygamy with mistresses was long the Western and middle-eastern standard, including areas dominated by Christian thought.

Go, and do not return until you have educated yourself.

Aren't you the guy who started a thread recently in FAVOR of gay marriage?

im talking about god's word, which clearly states that marriage is between a man and a woman

That';s a recent form of marriage, and polygamy with mistresses was long the Western and middle-eastern standard, including areas dominated by Christian thought.

You'll have to excuse Marty--he's a tad confused,

because you change the definition of traditional marriage, it is no longer traditional marriage.

this is an argument for keeping the definition the same, or changing it.

Its not about, gay marriage will make straight marriage divorce, its a question for some about what god thinks about marriage, and for some its about what they believe fairness is

and people on both sides are doing what they believe is right

thats the best way i feel i can answer your questions

and saying, defend the most vulnerable, defend marriage,

and its strange but I feel it

How is opposing gay marriage defending heterosexual marriage? If you believe gay marriage is an offense against God's law, shouldn't let be an issue between the offenders and God? After all, if you believe some one else's religious practices were not in accordance with God's law as you understand it, would you try to ban those practices? Would your religious practices change or be less valid because some one else's practices were different?

you are cherry picking, traditional marriage has a man and a woman, both are sinners, and in our culture of no rules apply, to many people are getting married who shouldnt, and too many people are marrying for the wrong reasons.

that has nothing to do with whether to change the definition of marriage.

show me how people are denigrating your defination of marriage.....are they the ones divorcing...3x or more...now even ministers can be divorced..setting a nice example for the others

first of all, you are a complete arrogant jerk. and second, i will talk to you the way i wanna talk to you, and if you dont like it, you can go suck a cock for all i care :lol:

So, unable to respond to any of my points, you accuse me of denigrating a system that's a joke of itself :lol:

o its the pick and chose bible type....pick this out to hate this group but ignore what they wish to ignore

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to strollingbones again.'

:doubt:

only a tad?

because you change the definition of traditional marriage, it is no longer traditional marriage.

*facepalm*

You really should remain silent :lol:

Its not about, gay marriage will make straight marriage divorce, its a question for some about what god thinks about marriage, and for some its about what they believe fairness is

What your god thinks doesn't matter when it comes to the laws of a secular State :rolleyes:

typical liberal, name call anyone who disagrees with you

and i answered your post, the way i wanted to answer it, you dont get to dictate to me how or why i answer your posts

that is facist, but apparently, you are one

typical liberal: if i dont agree with you its hate

Typical moron: ignore the points made and cry

I had a change of heart, or is that not allowed?

just because we are secular does not mean anything goes.

the people voted on this, which is not ok with you, you would rather a few LIBERAL judges vote on it, and screw the people

your a real piece of work

only a tad?

*facepalm*

You really should remain silent :lol:

What your god thinks doesn't matter when it comes to the laws of a secular State :rolleyes:

and saying, defend the most vulnerable, defend marriage,

and its strange but I feel it

How is opposing gay marriage defending heterosexual marriage? If you believe gay marriage is an offense against God's law, shouldn't let be an issue between the offenders and God? After all, if you believe some one else's religious practices were not in accordance with God's law as you understand it, would you try to ban those practices? Would your religious practices change or be less valid because some one else's practices were different?

A marriage is what the two people in it make it, not what some one else thinks of it, or how the law defines it. My point is that even if you are correct that gay marriage is against God's law, that would not in any way effect how God viewed heterosexual marriages, so opposing gay marriage would not in any way defend heterosexual marriages.

you are part right, I am speaking to the definition of what marriage is.

but when it comes down to it, yes... two people in any relationship must make it work

A marriage is what the two people in it make it, not what some one else thinks of it, or how the law defines it. My point is that even if you are correct that gay marriage is against God's law, that would not in any way effect how God viewed heterosexual marriages, so opposing gay marriage would not in any way defend heterosexual marriages.

typical liberal, name call anyone who disagrees with you

Stupid fool. Ready my numerous posts. My positions are clear and I am not a 'liberal' as you use the word

just because we are secular does not mean anything goes.

It means that no religious morons may use their religion to iolate the liberties of any other group or discriminate through legislation

the people voted on this, which is not ok with you, you would rather a few LIBERAL judges vote on it, and screw the people

Newsflash: America is not a Democracy; the tyranny of the majority is tyranny none the less.

Forum List

Back