I expect the GOP to keep the congress in 2018

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
I expect the GOP to keep the congress in 2018. Why? Simple...Democrats are at a huge disadvantage in 2018 as we have a lot to hold onto. Odds don't favor us winning as most of these seats are solid GOP. It doesn't matter if they abolish the safetynet, clean air, water, food or anything as the people overall hate the democratic party. Corporate media has made damn sure of it and nothing we democrats say is going to move the boulder that hangs over our heads in the next 1.5 years as the system is rigged against us and the message we don't control.

Get ready to live in a country that could care less about our leadership in science, education and is downright evil towards our poor and old. It is sicking but this is what most of our population is willing to accept these days.

The house? There's a chance we will pick up a few seats and slim their majority a little but that is all. We maybe able to slim it enough that it kills any chance of anymore ACA repeals. God willing.

Last edited:
Well as long as we've still got the constitution and Trump remains an incompetent embarrassment then we should survive to 2020

The hardest aspect for the Democrats regaining control of the Senate is simply that there are a mere 8 Republicans up for re-election, six in solid red states. And the other two are in Nevada and Arizona.

The House may be easier for the Democrats. In a wave election, the Democrats could topple the Republicans simply because the way the districts have been gerrymandered, the Republican majorities in the red districts are thinner than the Democrat majorities in the blue districts. In the special elections, the swing has been 14 points to the Dems. If that happens nationally, they'll retake the House. It would help if they got rid of Pelosi, who is an anchor on the party.

Doesn't matter, your donor class and Wall Street have it covered "either" way.

I expect the GOP to keep the congress in 2018. Why? Simple...Democrats are at a huge disadvantage in 2018 as we have a lot to hold onto. Odds don't favor us winning as most of these seats are solid GOP. It doesn't matter if they abolish the safetynet, clean air, water, food or anything as the people overall hate the democratic party. Corporate media has made damn sure of it and nothing we democrats say is going to move the boulder that hangs over our heads in the next 1.5 years as the system is rigged against us and the message we don't control.

Get ready to live in a country that could care less about our leadership in science, education and is downright evil towards our poor and old. It is sicking but this is what most of our population is willing to accept these days.

The house? There's a chance we will pick up a few seats and slim their majority a little but that is all. We maybe able to slim it enough that it kills any chance of anymore ACA repeals. God willing.

Corporate Media has made sure that the people hate the democrat party?

What...how....who....wtf....., I can't even process this kind of stupidity. Is it a lie? Is he really not that stupid? I mean he believes in AGW, but damn! Who would even try to pass on such a blatant lie?

To deny what is every day, 24/7!

I can't even...............

It seems that you have changed your screen name. What's up with that?

There is little reason to believe the Republicans won't hold Congress

1. The economy is strong, low unemployment, cheap gas, no wars
2. The Republicans only need to defend ten seats in the Senate
3. The Republicans have a strong gerrymandered House

But then there is the Trump factor
Trump is capable of bringing down the whole GOP

The key is crowd control. The democrats have always generated enough crowd to stomp out republicans, even when it mean importing crowds of Mexicans.

Forum List

Back