CDZ I Enjoy Jordan Peterson, What do you Think of Him?

He's pretty good, and a genuine intellectual. I've heard of him before now, but mainly for his work on constructivist 'humanism' and its consequences, i.e. Marxist totalitarianism.Don't do YouTubes unless they have transcripts accompanying them, so I don't know what's on the vids in the OP, but likely it's about the Gramscian nature of current left wing rhetoric.

Jordan Peterson - Wikipedia

Here is a rather long discussion between Peterson and another favorite author of mine, Camille Paglia.

He's one of those pseudo intellectuals that far-right and center-right people love because he tells them exactly what they want to hear, even if it's all baseless conjecture incapable of carrying any social or scientific weight.

He's one of those pseudo intellectuals that far-right and center-right people love because he tells them exactly what they want to hear, even if it's all baseless conjecture incapable of carrying any social or scientific weight.
Kind of like your own comment above, unless you think that genders are assigned by doctors at birth and I should be able to file for Social Security for age 72 simply because I think I self identify as a 72 year old.

roflmao

Kind of like your own comment above, unless you think that genders are assigned by doctors at birth and I should be able to file for Social Security for age 72 simply because I think I self identify as a 72 year old.

roflmao

If somebody feels they are the opposite sex--a boy feeling more comfortable dressed up as a girl and vice versa for example--who are you to tell them who they should be? What concern is it of yours--I thought Peterson acolytes were supposed to be "libertarian."

Are you seriously suggesting that if we start accepting transgender people as people with legitimate grievances (such as the pervasive discrimination against them, perpetuated by ideas like those pontificated by Peterson) that somehow that will encourage people to "pretend" that their older than they are? Embarrassingly ludicrous comparison. Try again.

I have enjoyed Ben Shapiro's commentaries for years but I haven't heard much of Peterson. I liked his commentary on Western women and their odd acceptance of Muslim domination of women. I've never understood that. Sure, you have the Hillary Clinton feminist crowd but they want the poor women who is only a VP to be CEO or the poor woman who was only Secretary of State finally get her rightful turn as POTUS. You know break that "glass ceiling". But if the Taliban wants to kill a young girl if she tries to go to school,...meh. Whatev it's their religion.

If somebody feels they are the opposite sex--a boy feeling more comfortable dressed up as a girl and vice versa for example--who are you to tell them who they should be? What concern is it of yours--I thought Peterson acolytes were supposed to be "libertarian."

Are you seriously suggesting that if we start accepting transgender people as people with legitimate grievances (such as the pervasive discrimination against them, perpetuated by ideas like those pontificated by Peterson) that somehow that will encourage people to "pretend" that their older than they are? Embarrassingly ludicrous comparison. Try again.
People with penises that think they are women are suffering from a mental illness as are people with vaginas that think they are men.

That is biology and your feelings dont amount to jack.

People with penises that think they are women are suffering from a mental illness as are people with vaginas that think they are men.

That is biology and your feelings dont amount to jack.

Ironically, unlike you, I didn't insert any of my "feelings" in here. Just common moral sense. You right-wingers/centrists seem awfully obsessed with telling people you don't care about their feelings. It's almost as if you desperately want them to notice you and care about YOUR feelings. Think about it.

And if you are so concerned with the "mental illnesses" of transgender people, why continue insulting them and denying them their rights to be who they want to be? The truth is, you don't care and you think that pontificating pseudo scientific rhetoric spewed out by a third-rate psychologist on internet message boards will help compensate for whatever is missing in your life.

Also, studies have shown that transitioning helps deal with this so-called "mental illness"--check out this article by National Geographic How Science Is Helping Us Understand Gender

I have enjoyed Ben Shapiro's commentaries for years but I haven't heard much of Peterson. I liked his commentary on Western women and their odd acceptance of Muslim domination of women. I've never understood that. Sure, you have the Hillary Clinton feminist crowd but they want the poor women who is only a VP to be CEO or the poor woman who was only Secretary of State finally get her rightful turn as POTUS. You know break that "glass ceiling". But if the Taliban wants to kill a young girl if she tries to go to school,...meh. Whatev it's their religion.

Just out of curiosity, what's the point of pointing out how woman are being treated by in Afghanistan? What point are you trying to make by bringing up third world oppression? Are you suggesting that we intervene in these countries to help these woman?

Just out of curiosity, what's the point of pointing out how woman are being treated by in Afghanistan? What point are you trying to make by bringing up third world oppression? Are you suggesting that we intervene in these countries to help these woman?
My point is, if you call yourself a Feminist who supposedly fights for women's rights, then that includes women in foreign countries. You don't need to intervene with force but if you claim to be a women's rights activist then how about draw attention to the problem? Unless of course you don't see it as a problem which seems to be the case for these so-called Feminists.

My point is, if you call yourself a Feminist who supposedly fights for women's rights, then that includes women in foreign countries. You don't need to intervene with force but if you claim to be a women's rights activist then how about draw attention to the problem? Unless of course you don't see it as a problem which seems to be the case for these so-called Feminists.

That's a separate issue. Just because woman are pointing out sexism in American society doesn't mean they're blatantly ignoring sexism in other country's. But if you are an American feminist, you should be dealing with American sexism. Plus, the Woman's March was an international protest, so yeah...they actually did draw attention to woman's rights in places like the Middle East.

Forum List

Back