I don't understand

Why the opposition to forced labour, TM? They can earn the means to sutain themelves much as the common man must, while being turned from dangerous parasites to a resource. The only objection I can imagine is that it would be detrimental to the free market competition in the private sector.

How does that make any differance, its still cheaper to not kill them.
Or not give them more rights than other criminals because they were found guilty of more heinous crimes and failed to produce any evidence the last three times they appealed.

But then, that would be treating them like criminals, and we can't have that :rolleyes:

☭proletarian☭;1885337 said:
TM... MountainMan already explained that its the legal processes given them that's expensive, not the piece of rope.

Of course, if death row inmates deserve so many appeals, do not too all inmates? Is it worse to keep an innocent man in prison for life than to kill him? Once the man's appeals are over he has no opportunity to free himself, where the man who faces death has more opportunities to overturn his conviction and, if he fails, will not exist to suffer his sentence as long as the other man.

How is a man convicted of a more heinous crime or sentenced to a different sentence for the same crime more deserving of such opportunities?

You've shown yourself to be too slow and willfully ignorant to bother reading or responding to any further until you address the points made.

☭proletarian☭;1885180 said:
If it's acceptable to put down an animal, incapable of reason at the human level, that's shown itself a danger to humans, why would it be unacceptable to also put down a person who has shown his/herself a danger to other people incapable of functioning in society (eg: serial killers)? Has not the human shown not only that it is a danger and incapable of functioning in society, but that it has chosen to act in such a manner, thereby surrendering any right to consideration by society of his/her well-being?

I fully agree with this statement.

Yes, I support the death penalty. Just goes to show that not all leftie-types fit the mold.

Like I said, it's the legal fees, not the housing.
Try and keep up.

That's true, but the high legal fees are at least partially the result of organizations that provide legal protection to people on death row based on idealogy rather than the case at hand.

Its actually cheaper to house them for life then to execute them.

I say let them rot in prison and save us some money.

Actually, it isn't.

The cost is all the trials and lawyers due to appeal after appeal. You have your facts mixed up.

Quite right. Those who say they should 'rot in prison' are just vendictive. It is more humane to put them down.

If it's acceptable to put down an animal, incapable of reason at the human level, that's shown itself a danger to humans, why would it be unacceptable to also put down a person who has shown his/herself a danger to other people incapable of functioning in society (eg: serial killers)? Has not the human shown not only that it is a danger and incapable of functioning in society, but that it has chosen to act in such a manner, thereby surrendering any right to consideration by society of his/her well-being?

I fully agree with this statement.

Yes, I support the death penalty. Just goes to show that not all leftie-types fit the mold.

That's great. Now, if you could just grasp the concept that the same is true for the right, we might have a way forward.

That's great. Now, if you could just grasp the concept that the same is true for the right, we might have a way forward.

But I do, I am great friends with many many Republicans, and respect their ideals.

Just because I call people for repeating the talking points of talking heads doesn't mean that I immediately assume that they are all of the exact same opinion on every subject.

It gives the government too much power.

☭proletarian☭;1885415 said:
Why the opposition to forced labour, TM? They can earn the means to sutain themelves much as the common man must, while being turned from dangerous parasites to a resource. The only objection I can imagine is that it would be detrimental to the free market competition in the private sector.
Aside from the ban on slavery...again, it gives the government too much power and is too open for abuse. The government should not be in the business of filling quotas in prisons to get jobs done.

Its actually cheaper to house them for life then to execute them.

I say let them rot in prison and save us some money.

Actually, it isn't.

The cost is all the trials and lawyers due to appeal after appeal. You have your facts mixed up.

which is why it's cheaper to house them for life, fewer appeals less court costs, I'm all for saving the taxpayer money.

Forum List

Back