I don't understand

&

☭proletarian☭

If it's acceptable to put down an animal, incapable of reason at the human level, that's shown itself a danger to humans, why would it be unacceptable to also put down a person who has shown his/herself a danger to other people incapable of functioning in society (eg: serial killers)? Has not the human shown not only that it is a danger and incapable of functioning in society, but that it has chosen to act in such a manner, thereby surrendering any right to consideration by society of his/her well-being?

While biologically and scientifically humans are critters just like any other.... when it comes to morals and such like, I don't want to go there. No human is anything less than human, no matter how evil or how much you dislike him.
If you get into the concept of "less than human" you hit the skids toward the la la land of Pol Pot and Himler. Here be dragons

Folks incapabable of functioning in society often do not have the ability to consciously choose their actions.

Then they lack the very thing that sets us apart from animals, do they not? Should we not treat them as we would any animal?

How can a dog be culpable for its actions and not a man?

Here is an alternative idea to think of.

Why not try cannibalism ?? Would not a piece of human leg fetch a nice price??

Do you think a little kid roasting on a split may just be delicious?

See how these images differ when you substitute humans for Chickens and Pigs?

Its actually cheaper to house them for life then to execute them.

I say let them rot in prison and save us some money.

See how these images differ when you substitute humans for Chickens and Pigs?

Not really :eusa_eh:

Cannibalism has been practiced by many societies, sometimes as a way of honouring the dead and making them a part of every member of the society.

Although I doubt Americans would be good for eating. Too fat and often carrying diseases.

☭proletarian☭;1885215 said:
Folks incapabable of functioning in society often do not have the ability to consciously choose their actions.

Then they lack the very thing that sets us apart from animals, do they not? Should we not treat them as we would any animal?

The part that sets humans apart from the "animals" is, at least according to the mythology, that we humans have souls.

Whereas some may behave as if they have none, are we willing to give up the mythology?

The part that sets humans apart from the "animals" is, at least according to the mythology, that we humans have souls.

Whereas some may behave as if they have none, are we willing to give up the mythology?

And here all this time I thought it was because we had the ability to use reason.

I don't believe the myths you refer to.

are we willing to give up the mythology?

Uh, yeah. How 'bout what sets us apart is our ability to reason and to form complex societies unrivaled in nature?

TM... MountainMan already explained that its the legal processes given them that's expensive, not the piece of rope.

Of course, if death row inmates deserve so many appeals, do not too all inmates? Is it worse to keep an innocent man in prison for life than to kill him? Once the man's appeals are over he has no opportunity to free himself, where the man who faces death has more opportunities to overturn his conviction and, if he fails, will not exist to suffer his sentence as long as the other man.

How is a man convicted of a more heinous crime or sentenced to a different sentence for the same crime more deserving of such opportunities?

Take away the death part of the sentance and you save a shitload of money.

Its a fact.

Life in prison with NO parole would be the logical thing to do.

Its a no brainer.

And here all this time I thought it was because we had the ability to use reason.

I am getting that you honestly do believe that the way humans behave with each other is reasonable!

Its actually cheaper to house them for life then to execute them.

I say let them rot in prison and save us some money.

I don't believe this statement for a minute. Food, water and shelter along with the salaries of the people there to guard an inmate for life is far more expensive than a good jolt of electricity or a couple of shots of joy juice.

Forced labor, no thanks.

I dont care much about the prisoner themselves. I care about keeping them from harming someone else and doing it as cheaply as possible.

I dont believe in forced labor of any kind. They can put them to work on a volunteer basis if they want. I dont think many would like that Idea at the momment though.

I am getting that you honestly do believe that the way humans behave with each other is reasonable!

Not murderers, rapists, child molesters and governments.

Forum List

Back