I don't understand why Canada is so mean-spirited

^ It's the holes of the donuts that are causing all the problems.

It is my understanding that no other "past conviction" prevents people from visiting Canada.

Does anyone know if this is true?

It really depends on the convictions.

You may not be permitted to enter Canada if you have a criminal conviction, including a conviction for driving while impaired, known in the United States as driving under the influence (DUI). More information about inadmissibility to Canada is listed below in the section “DUI/Admissibility.” For more details on visiting Canada, please refer to Visiting Canada.

Visiting Canada

Know Before You Go

I thought it was similar coming into the US.

It is my understanding that no other "past conviction" prevents people from visiting Canada.

Does anyone know if this is true?

It really depends on the convictions.

You may not be permitted to enter Canada if you have a criminal conviction, including a conviction for driving while impaired, known in the United States as driving under the influence (DUI). More information about inadmissibility to Canada is listed below in the section “DUI/Admissibility.” For more details on visiting Canada, please refer to Visiting Canada.

Visiting Canada

Know Before You Go

I thought it was similar coming into the US.

I've never been charged or convicted of anything other than some traffic fines so I can't really say. I just checked the information and it's pretty clear.

You pays your money and you takes your chances. Or one can possibly go for a pardon and then not have to worry.

Canada considers DWI / DUI within the last five to ten years -the criminal code offence
of impaired driving. Impaired driving in Canada is considered a serious offence.

I have a friend is continual harrassed and sometimes denied entry to the U.S. because
of a theft conviction from 20 years ago. Even though he's gotten waivers and submitted all the proper paperwork, it's always a hassle for him.
I think both Canada and U.S. try really hard to accomodate people at both sides of the border, especially post 9-11

Hey ginscpy,
Don't worry about it. The US doesn't let us in if a DUI shows up when we're checked at the border.
Trudeau? LOL He was the most popular prime minister in western Canada. The most popular to HATE. You would find little praise for that closet commie here in Alberta. Good news is the party he led is just about as dead as he is. There is a mentality here of us, the mouse, living next door to the elephant, that would be you. But we have a majority and very pro US, conservative majority government these days so cut us a bit of slack. We finally have that majority government so we can work well with the States.
Yes we are loyal to Her Majesty the Queen of Canada. This is an entirely separate office than her role as Queen of the UK. Yes we have a person above the politician that can bring down the hammer on a prime minister should he abuse his power or break the laws. The Queen is above the politics, she does not vote, but in an emergency she does have the power to fire our prime minister dissolve the government, dismiss the parliament and call for an election or ask a leader of another party to form a government and try to get the support of the house. I like it, it works for us. You don't want the whole world to be a clone of the USA do you? Even mom who came to Canada from Nebraska does not find it strange to support the Queen and not some politician people call Mr. President.

I heard different - that US Border authorities are lax with Canadiens with DUIs entering the US.

Perhaps years ago. I have no criminal record but every time I fly to the US, the American customs here at the Calgary airport have a habit of pulling me aside and taking me to a private room where they go through my luggage with a fine tooth comb and give me good old, why are you going to the US, how much money do you have on you, where were you born, where were your parents born, how long do you plan on being in the US, etc. Now I have no problem with tightened security for all, us and you. I do realize why I'm a target. I'm Metis and have waist length hair. They are just fishing and looking at me as an easy catch. Well they start out nasty but when they find out my adopted parents are white and mom is from Nebraska and dad was a Baptist minister, they become quite friendly and wish me a good vacation in their country.LOL! What really gets me angry is some of the retarded politicians in Washington that actualy still cling to that old lie that the 9/11 terrorists came into the US through Canada. No we did not let them into Canada nor teach them to fly a plane.

Perhaps years ago. I have no criminal record but every time I fly to the US, the American customs here at the Calgary airport have a habit of pulling me aside and taking me to a private room where they go through my luggage with a fine tooth comb and give me good old, why are you going to the US, how much money do you have on you, where were you born, where were your parents born, how long do you plan on being in the US, etc. Now I have no problem with tightened security for all, us and you. I do realize why I'm a target. I'm Metis and have waist length hair. They are just fishing and looking at me as an easy catch. Well they start out nasty but when they find out my adopted parents are white and mom is from Nebraska and dad was a Baptist minister, they become quite friendly and wish me a good vacation in their country.LOL! What really gets me angry is some of the retarded politicians in Washington that actualy still cling to that old lie that the 9/11 terrorists came into the US through Canada. No we did not let them into Canada nor teach them to fly a plane.
Hello bro.
Well shit. I'll get you the phone number of the guy that did Obama's passport and we'll run you for pResident.:tongue: Gawd speaks to you too, right ?
Nebraska-Baptist.
You're in ! :clap2:
HINT : Never end a sentence without Gawd Blassuhmurka.

Forum List

Back