I don't understand our Iran position

D

Dim Bulb

We're selling them airplanes (I thought the sanctions didn't allow us to do business with terrorist countries?) in order to keep jobs in the US and we're continuing the Iran nuclear deal. I'm for the jobs, of course, but is this shortsighted?

"Tough talk from both sides, but back in Iran, they are awaiting the delivery of a fleet of American-made Boeing airliners, the result of two deals worth $22 billion for the United States company. The most recent contract between the plane maker and the Iranian airline Iran Aseman was signed two months after President Trump was sworn into office.

Mr. Trump, whose America First campaign was based in part on the promise of reviving industrial employment, was apparently not eager to kill an order estimated to create 18,000 jobs.

During the presidential campaign, Mr. Trump heaped scorn on the nuclear agreement with Iran, calling it “the worst deal ever.” But in April and May he quietly signed crucial waivers of certain sanctions that allow the deal to remain in place and let Iran conduct international business and gain access to funds long frozen by the United States."​

Even the Iranians don't seem to know what to make of it:

Hassan Rouhani, Iran’s recently re-elected president, suggested that the two sides could possibly arrange talks after the Trump administration had more time in power and Tehran had more time to evaluate the American leader. “We are waiting for the new U.S. government to achieve stability in terms of taking a stance, agenda and mentality,” Mr. Rouhani said at a news conference last week. After that happens, he added, “we will have a more accurate view regarding Washington.”​

It was signed in Dec.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/11/world/middleeast/iran-boeing-airplane-deal.html

And

http://theiranproject.com/blog/2017/05/25/treasury-chief-says-reviewing-irans-aircraft-licenses/

We're selling them airplanes (I thought the sanctions didn't allow us to do business with terrorist countries?) in order to keep jobs in the US and we're continuing the Iran nuclear deal. I'm for the jobs, of course, but is this shortsighted?

"Tough talk from both sides, but back in Iran, they are awaiting the delivery of a fleet of American-made Boeing airliners, the result of two deals worth $22 billion for the United States company. The most recent contract between the plane maker and the Iranian airline Iran Aseman was signed two months after President Trump was sworn into office.

Mr. Trump, whose America First campaign was based in part on the promise of reviving industrial employment, was apparently not eager to kill an order estimated to create 18,000 jobs.

During the presidential campaign, Mr. Trump heaped scorn on the nuclear agreement with Iran, calling it “the worst deal ever.” But in April and May he quietly signed crucial waivers of certain sanctions that allow the deal to remain in place and let Iran conduct international business and gain access to funds long frozen by the United States."​

Hassan Rouhani, Iran’s recently re-elected president, suggested that the two sides could possibly arrange talks after the Trump administration had more time in power and Tehran had more time to evaluate the American leader. “We are waiting for the new U.S. government to achieve stability in terms of taking a stance, agenda and mentality,” Mr. Rouhani said at a news conference last week. After that happens, he added, “we will have a more accurate view regarding Washington.”​

I'm for the jobs, of course, but is this shortsighted?
Who can tell without a link to your plagiarism?
Oh good grief. I really represented those indented quotes as my own. Right. Click on the hyperlinks in the text for the information you desire for goodness sakes. Plagiarism. Good grief.

It was signed in Dec.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/11/world/middleeast/iran-boeing-airplane-deal.html

And

Treasury chief says reviewing Iran's aircraft licenses

There were two different contracts, one of which appears to have been signed in December, the other in March.

Oh good grief. I really represented those indented quotes as my own.
You did not credit the owners of the work. You did not provide a link to the original article, according to the t&c of this site. You make mouth breathing excuses when called on it. No wonder you don't understand Trump has sold you down the river as a useful idiot whose use is complete.

If I were Iran I would give a big ....... you to Boeing and the US Trump admin and buy Airbus. If Trump does approve this the jobs will be Obama's credit, not his.

Oh good grief. I really represented those indented quotes as my own.
You did not credit the owners of the work. You did not provide a link to the original article, according to the t&c of this site. You make mouth breathing excuses when called on it. No wonder you don't understand Trump has sold you down the river as a useful idiot whose use is complete.
You're mad. As in insane. Show me where I said this is my work. Do those quotation marks and hyperlinks mean nothing to you? It's okay to say, "yeah, maybe I was over the top in using the term "plagiarism" but you should have posted a bibliography for your post, Dimmy."

because iran isnt terrorist country and they know it . dont attention to propaganda

european tourist in iran
oaok_photo_2017-05-26_16-19-51.jpg

Show me where I said this is my work.
See whose name it was posted under? Yours. And you still haven't provided a link as required by the t&c of this site. All you can do is make excuses while wondering why you've been sold down the river.

Here is Boeings news release for the second one, which goes along with my second link I gave you-
SEATTLE, April 4, 2017 – Boeing confirms the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with Iran Aseman Airlines, expressing the airline’s intent to purchase 30 Boeing 737 MAX airplanes with a list price value of $3 billion. The agreement also provides the airline with purchase rights for 30 additional 737 MAXs.

According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, an aerospace sale of this magnitude creates or sustains approximately 18,000 jobs in the United States. Deliveries would be scheduled to start in 2022.

Boeing negotiated the MOA under authorizations from the U.S. government following a determination that Iran had met its obligations under the nuclear accord signed in 2015. Boeing will look to the Office of Foreign Assets Control for approval to perform under this transaction. Boeing continues to follow the lead of the U.S. government with regards to working with Iran’s airlines, and any and all contracts with Iran’s airlines are contingent upon U.S. government approval.

We shall see what happens
It was signed in Dec.

And

Treasury chief says reviewing Iran's aircraft licenses

There were two different contracts, one of which appears to have been signed in December, the other in March.

Show me where I said this is my work.
See whose name it was posted under? Yours. And you still haven't provided a link as required by the t&c of this site. All you can do is make excuses while wondering why you've been sold down the river.
Call the police. I'll voluntarily give myself up to them. Better yet, the FBI.

7587d780-4487-11e7-ba8f-d1b567d6badf_wptv-tiger-wood-mugshot_1496072316915_60340617_ver1-0_640_480-copy.jpg.cf.jpg

Forum List

Back