I dont understand how someone becomes gay?

Who knows why? It could be any number of reasons, like I said. It could be as simple as someone wanting to experiment or they are curious. If doctors/scientists who have studied people don't know, then how should any of us know? I'm sure it's a real thing for some people (who are ONLY attracted to the same sex), and not the real thing (but something done for various other reasons) as I noted above. :dunno: I'm sure I've heard of people who thought they were gay when they were younger and went straight when they got older, so maybe they were confused about their sexuality for whatever reasons. I don't know how much a liberated society plays a role in someone's sexual experimentation or sex life though, as in what they would be willing to do. IOW, if you are sure of your sexuality, you aren't going to be needing to experiment with the other no matter what a society says is acceptable.

I believe most gay people are just gay. I guess there could be some that are just experimenting, or just want attention, or a host of other reasons. None of that matters anyway. A person has the right to practice any lifestyle they want, for any reason. We know it just won't work to tell all gays to just stop, and you can't tell some that they can go ahead with their lifestyle, and try to stop others because you don't think they are sincere enough. People make their own choices for their own reasons. Nobody has the right to tell them their choice is wrong.

I think its a sin though and should be discouraged, Im not Priest but If I were I wouldnt hate gays, I would tell them the same what I would tell a unfaithful person, they should stop it and pray to be strong not to do it anymore and for forgiveness. I wouldnt "bless it" and if you wedd them you give them the "blessing".
How would that help them if they were simply born that way?

I've never heard of someone "becoming" gay but no culture encourages or discourages any sort of sexuality. You are what ever you were born.

Wong!

In ancient Sparta and Greece the culture was all about homosexual sex so they either all had the gay gene or it is culturally mediated.

Same reason women like older men...the reason for gay women is more complicated (surprise surprise!)

I love term fudge packer, it's hilarious!

I've never heard of someone "becoming" gay but no culture encourages or discourages any sort of sexuality. You are what ever you were born.

Im pretty sure some decades this would look very different but has to do with sexually liberated culture. YouGov | 1 in 2 young people say they are not 100% heterosexual
Then how do you explain rife homosexuality in repressive Arabic cultures?
'cause dim wimmims dey got is butt ugly!

Same reason women like older men...the reason for gay women is more complicated (surprise surprise!)

What reason is that? I don't see how women liking older men and being gay are even remotely related.
Daddy issues

Where did you get your psychiatry degree? A cereal box?
It happens

People find psychiatry degrees in their cereal boxes?

Seriously though, there would be other reasons to want to date older men, such as they have their shit together (financially and otherwise), they aren't going to be playing video games 24/7 (hopefully), they would be a bit more mature (that's a BIG ?? though, obviously when you read some of the things the older men say on these types of venues :D)

What reason is that? I don't see how women liking older men and being gay are even remotely related.
Daddy issues

Where did you get your psychiatry degree? A cereal box?
It happens

People find psychiatry degrees in their cereal boxes?

Seriously though, there would be other reasons to want to date older men, such as they have their shit together (financially and otherwise), they aren't going to be playing video games 24/7 (hopefully), they would be a bit more mature (that's a BIG ?? though, obviously when you read some of the things the older men say on these types of venues :D)
Not always but yes. My ex was 10 years older but good lord what a child! Def did not have his shit together

Im not homobophobic I believe in "live and let live" so gays should live too and be free to express themselfes. But I would like to understand how someone becomes gay if its a lifestyle choice or biological etc. and what about bi and pansexuals and do you think our sexually "liberated" culture encourages bi and pansexuality? YouGov | 1 in 2 young people say they are not 100% heterosexual
The scientific consensus before the issue became politicized was that it was largely the result of early childhood trauma in the pre formulative years. Generally the trauma involved molestation but not always ... the mind is a queer thing and notions can be inserted into the psyche both neuro linguistically by design or via our minds interpretation of wholly unrelated experiences.

I don't think the OP has any idea how much gay sex used to go on in Europe... especially after wars when the victors would rape the conquered armies.

Is it a matter of lifestyle choice/culture or biological? Whats with bisexuals or pansexuals?

Do you think our sexually "liberated" culture encourages bi and pansexuality?

YouGov | 1 in 2 young people say they are not 100% heterosexual

Do you have to understand how they become gay?

Isn't it just enough to accept people's way of being?

Do you asked crippled children how they became crippled? Do you criticize them for the choices they make?

Forum List

Back