I don't think Obama has the knowledge or the judgement?

You're fun to laugh at. Apparently there's only ONE kind of wealthy person, either self-made or inherited. Clearly, there can't be a mixture, right?

I can be done with this discussion if you want to be but you said the majority was self-made. How do you know that? That was my issue with your statement all along. Of course I recognize that there are self-made wealthy people. I just don't believe it's the majority. And I should also add that the wealthy people I speak of are the top 1% or 2%. You don't really believe that the majority of them are self-made right?

I believe in Darwinism. Sorry. If I can overcome the odds, anyone can.

That argument is tired. That is an easy way for conservatives to dismiss the gross social injustices and social inequalities in this country. We are not all on an equal playing field. People from working class backgrounds make it all the time - true. But, people from wealthy families have a much easier time of it. That's the part that makes your Darwinism argument so weak.

you would think the educated people would be wealthy but no..I guess all the rich people are complete idiots with a middle school education..

Having spend a whole lot of time around people who were in fact quite wealthy, I know I often had to repress my natural tendency to speak my mind.

Specifically, I often found myself repressing the urge to ask:

If you're so rich, why aren't you smart?

That argument is tired. That is an easy way for conservatives to dismiss the gross social injustices and social inequalities in this country. We are not all on an equal playing field. People from working class backgrounds make it all the time - true. But, people from wealthy families have a much easier time of it. That's the part that makes your Darwinism argument so weak.

The idea behind Darwinism is that the strong breed to make their species stronger.

Forum List

Back