"I Don't Support The Troops"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    points for honesty? I think he speaks the truth, that others won't. Many are anti-American. Insufferable indeed:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion...,4137172.column?coll=la-news-comment-opinions

2. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
  3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    "I know this is all easy to say for a guy who grew up with money, did well in school and hasn't so much as served on jury duty for his country. But it's really not that easy to say because anyone remotely affiliated with the military could easily beat me up, and I'm listed in the phone book."

Kind of says it all. Criticizes something he knows absolutely nothing about, takes the service of others for granted, and has pretty much done nothing all his life. I am supposed to take his opinion seriously!

The guy knows damn well that the chance of anyone even remotely affiliated with the military would beat him up is very remote though I bet he would not hesitate to sue the heck out of anyone who did.

4. jAZ

jAZ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Supporting the Iraq War and supporting "the troops" are two entierly unrelated actions.

I didn't support going into Iraq, but I sure as HELL supported the troops. I come from a family with deep military history. So does my wife.

There are a LOT of people like me who supported our efforts in Afganistan, but didn't in Iraq. You know what? A lot of "the troops" served in both wars.

I'm sorry, but the whole campaign to demonize those against the Iraq War is an absolutely disgusting political tool to pit one segment of our population against the other. This "divide and conquor" campaign strategy is so disgusting, I want to throw up.

Talk about "unAmerican".

"May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

5. jAZ

jAZ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Being a pacifist (there are many and they don't support any war), doesn't make one "anti-american". "America" isn't one and the same thing as "War".

Sorry to break it to you. Some people envision a home without war (and nieve as they may be). That doesn't make them anti-american.

Just stop.

6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    No more disgusting than the ongoing campaign to demonize the current administration and the US. Makes me want to throw up.

I have no fancy quote, but I firmly believe that we should never view disloyal subversion as mere honest dissent.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    Supporting the Iraq War and supporting "the troops" are two entierly unrelated actions.

I support going into Iraq, and I sure as HELL support the troops. I come from a family with deep military history.

There are a LOT of people like me who support our efforts in Afganistan, and in Iraq. You know what? A lot of "the troops" served in both wars.

I'm sorry, but the whole campaign to demonize those in support of the Iraq War is an absolutely disgusting political tool to pit one segment of our population against the other. This "divide and conquor" campaign strategy is so disgusting, I want to throw up.

Talk about "unAmerican".

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.

8. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,739
    It does make you anti-american. Untill we live in a world without tyrants and terrorists, we will have war. Pacifist ideas are not going to change tyrants around the world, so if we don't take the war to them, they will eventually take it to us. If you can't see that, then you are only blinding yourself and living in a dream world.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    This guy is a loon, plain and simple. :cuckoo:

10. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings: