I Don't See The Point Of Being Nice To People That Will Never Like Us

What is your opinion on Islamic/American relations?

• Total voters
The Lord hath said:

"Ye have heard that it bath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say Unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."​
Matthew 5:43-48

Nothing here says that you gotta go live amongst the enemy in his lands, persecute his people, or make of yourselves targets.
Get the hell out and leave them to their selves.

The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, et al., should simply cut-off all non-essential contact with the Middle East and Arab world and start relying more on nuclear power for our energy needs. The only reason we keep getting involved in the Middle East is because our respective societies' energy needs are founded on finite fossil reserves; and the people who control the extraction and movement of those reserves stand to lose their sustantial fortunes if the West switches to viable sources of renewable energy, hence the otherwise unfathomable reason(s) we keep getting involved in the Middle East. I mean, besides from oil, what do they [muslim nations] actually export that's of any real worth to us in the West?

In any case, and as perverse as this may seem, it would be worth the look on their faces when their 6th century mentality backfires on them - yet again - and they come seeking our assistance and we just turn to them and say: 'Nah, not this time. It's just not worth all the inevitable hassle.'

The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, et al., should simply cut-off all non-essential contact with the Middle East and Arab world and start relying more on nuclear power for our energy needs. The only reason we keep getting involved in the Middle East is because our respective societies' energy needs are founded on finite fossil reserves; and the people who control the extraction and movement of those reserves stand to lose their sustantial fortunes if the West switches to viable sources of renewable energy, hence the otherwise unfathomable reason(s) we keep getting involved in the Middle East. I mean, besides from oil, what do they [muslim nations] actually export that's of any real worth to us in the West?

In any case, and as perverse as this may seem, it would be worth the look on their faces when their 6th century mentality backfires on them - yet again - and they come seeking our assistance and we just turn to them and say: 'Nah, not this time. It's just not worth all the inevitable hassle.'

Can't speak for Europe or Asia, but the US has abundant natural gas reserves to produce electricity. Many like to tout the shale sludge as an alternative to ME oil. I don't see it, not when you can stick a pipe in the ground and out flows easily refined oil. Everyone can still do business, just as long as they mind their own business while doing so.

Being nice.. until it is time not to be nice should be the approach... as well as cutting off all financial aid

Being nice to governments that only half-heartedly protect our people is the same as saying it's alright.

Threaten them with serious consequences and they'll ether come around or continue down this path.

The only way to suppress violence and bigotry by Islamic radicals is to kick them in the nuts. Patting them on the back will only cause them to slap your hand away in disgust.

20120219.jpg
5612x.jpg

We have freed millions upon millions of Muslims since 9/11, even before then in Bosnia. Fact is I'm getting a bit tired of trying to be understanding of a bunch of uptight assholes. So somebody explain to me why we should keep trying. It's clear that as long as we keep wallowing in the mud with these people the dirtier we get.

It has become clear that they don't want to get along with anyone that isn't a Muslim so I suggest that we stop trying. If they start hollering that they are being oppressed by President Assad, screw em. We freed them from the grips of oppression in Libya and look what it got us. We tried to rescue them from mass starvation and genocide in Somalia and all they did was hate us. The only country that has shown any gratitude to us is our Kuwaiti brothers who wouldn't even be a country today if not for the United States.

If you ask the rioters that are torching our schools abroad and our consulates most haven't even seen that piece of crap youtube video. They're just having way to much fun causing trouble. Obama has tried being nice, he's bowed to just about every Middle-Eastern leader out there and he's told them that he's on their side, even relaxed our security to the point that it has exposed our soft underbelly and what did they do? Stick a knife in us.

Somebody buy these meatheads a bong because they seriously need to mellow out.

My point is this; Why should we care what happens to these self-righteous imbeciles? Far as I'm concerned they are bad news and not worth the costs in blood and riches we've lost in their defense. My suggestion is to cut ties and leave them to their own devices. If they interfere with our interests they can suffer the consequences. The less contact with Muslims the better. I know this sounds short-sighted but it should be clear now this is a losing proposition, something that Israel has known for over 60 years.

Do you agree or not?

Protests_1584588a.jpg
You left off an option.

Cut off all foreign aid.

I would have voted for that one..

We don't need to be sending money to anyone. Either survive as an independent nation, or get absorbed by the bigger dogs. I could care less.

I dunno. I vacillate from day to day, depending on the latest atrocity. It's a billion people though. If a BILLION people were all rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth Jihadists, I think it would be a good bit more noticeable. :eek:

I think the problem we're seeing is that there's a dynamic in play which is not dissimilar from every other historical attempt we've seen from bad players amassing power. It's easier to harness hate than any other emotion. It's a powerful emotion which overawes logic. Direct the mob's hate, and they won't blame their leaders for their misery. They'll be too busy frothing at the sight of whatever foe you've presented them with.

The problem we're having from this administration and it's supporters, is that they validate the message from those who would amass power in that manner. In their attempt to appease, they cast doubt upon our principles. Things like free speech and tolerance are no longer at the front of our foreign policy. Obama tells them we torture people and that we're going to close Gitmo, and when he says those kind of things, he confirms the rhetoric of those directors of animosity, those who would harness the negative emotion of a less than erudite people to their own ends.

He's a poor excuse for a leader. And yeah, it's going to be a long slog through one penny-ante tyrant after another, but at some point we have to hope these people catch up to the 21st century.

I love people that pretend to themselves that it is a small fringe group. Tell me something, why was the protest in Sydney violent if this is just a really small percentage of Muslims? Is it possible that the reason you haven't seen the rabid, foaming at the mouth jihadism that you just haven't looked? It is quite easy to pretend the world is a friendly place when you live in an ivory tower.

I'm not saying that there are no violent Muslims. I'm not even saying that there aren't ALOT of them. It's a religion in which violence and oppression is right there in the dogma, and where all too many religious leaders exploit negative human emotions toward their own ends. What I'm saying though is that it's not a BILLION. If even most of the Muslims in a predominately Muslim country like Egypt turned out to protest, the crowds would have numbered in the tens of millions. They didn't.

Yet, God commands us to love our enemies. Pray for them that despitefully use us.

Doesn't mean we cant defend our neighbors.

20120219.jpg
5612x.jpg

We have freed millions upon millions of Muslims since 9/11, even before then in Bosnia. Fact is I'm getting a bit tired of trying to be understanding of a bunch of uptight assholes. So somebody explain to me why we should keep trying. It's clear that as long as we keep wallowing in the mud with these people the dirtier we get.

It has become clear that they don't want to get along with anyone that isn't a Muslim so I suggest that we stop trying. If they start hollering that they are being oppressed by President Assad, screw em. We freed them from the grips of oppression in Libya and look what it got us. We tried to rescue them from mass starvation and genocide in Somalia and all they did was hate us. The only country that has shown any gratitude to us is our Kuwaiti brothers who wouldn't even be a country today if not for the United States.

If you ask the rioters that are torching our schools abroad and our consulates most haven't even seen that piece of crap youtube video. They're just having way to much fun causing trouble. Obama has tried being nice, he's bowed to just about every Middle-Eastern leader out there and he's told them that he's on their side, even relaxed our security to the point that it has exposed our soft underbelly and what did they do? Stick a knife in us.

Somebody buy these meatheads a bong because they seriously need to mellow out.

My point is this; Why should we care what happens to these self-righteous imbeciles? Far as I'm concerned they are bad news and not worth the costs in blood and riches we've lost in their defense. My suggestion is to cut ties and leave them to their own devices. If they interfere with our interests they can suffer the consequences. The less contact with Muslims the better. I know this sounds short-sighted but it should be clear now this is a losing proposition, something that Israel has known for over 60 years.

Do you agree or not?

Protests_1584588a.jpg
You left off an option.

Cut off all foreign aid.

I would have voted for that one..

We don't need to be sending money to anyone. Either survive as an independent nation, or get absorbed by the bigger dogs. I could care less.

Cutting off foreign aid was the last option on the poll when I posted the OP.

So now you can go back and vote.

I dunno. I vacillate from day to day, depending on the latest atrocity. It's a billion people though. If a BILLION people were all rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth Jihadists, I think it would be a good bit more noticeable. :eek:

I think the problem we're seeing is that there's a dynamic in play which is not dissimilar from every other historical attempt we've seen from bad players amassing power. It's easier to harness hate than any other emotion. It's a powerful emotion which overawes logic. Direct the mob's hate, and they won't blame their leaders for their misery. They'll be too busy frothing at the sight of whatever foe you've presented them with.

The problem we're having from this administration and it's supporters, is that they validate the message from those who would amass power in that manner. In their attempt to appease, they cast doubt upon our principles. Things like free speech and tolerance are no longer at the front of our foreign policy. Obama tells them we torture people and that we're going to close Gitmo, and when he says those kind of things, he confirms the rhetoric of those directors of animosity, those who would harness the negative emotion of a less than erudite people to their own ends.

He's a poor excuse for a leader. And yeah, it's going to be a long slog through one penny-ante tyrant after another, but at some point we have to hope these people catch up to the 21st century.

I love people that pretend to themselves that it is a small fringe group. Tell me something, why was the protest in Sydney violent if this is just a really small percentage of Muslims? Is it possible that the reason you haven't seen the rabid, foaming at the mouth jihadism that you just haven't looked? It is quite easy to pretend the world is a friendly place when you live in an ivory tower.

I'm not saying that there are no violent Muslims. I'm not even saying that there aren't ALOT of them. It's a religion in which violence and oppression is right there in the dogma, and where all too many religious leaders exploit negative human emotions toward their own ends. What I'm saying though is that it's not a BILLION. If even most of the Muslims in a predominately Muslim country like Egypt turned out to protest, the crowds would have numbered in the tens of millions. They didn't.

Even 1% of 1.57 billion is too many assholes in the world to tolerate.

Truth is no less than 10% of them are violent bigots willing to kill and destroy at the slightest provocation. That works out to around 157,000,000 of them. Not all of them can participate at once. Many are in prison or simply unable to join in every time.

Even 1% of 1.57 billion is too many assholes in the world to tolerate.

Truth is no less than 10% of them are violent bigots willing to kill and destroy at the slightest provocation. That works out to around 157,000,000 of them. Not all of them can participate at once. Many are in prison or simply unable to join in every time.

That's why we need to put Obama out of office. He's allowed ambiguity about our position in regard to where we stand. It's perceived as weakness and invites trouble. Do we really want to have to kill 156,000,000? It's not necessary, not when we can prevent it by projecting strength worthy of respect. Obama mistakenly thought he could make these people love him. And now, not only do they NOT love him, they don't even respect him. I'll settle for respect, and hope that in time these people will find the 21st century more tempting than the 7th.

Maybe most of them didn't see the video before the Egyptian government got its act together and started enforcing its treaty obligations.

If we only "understood" the little darlings better, and opened up the dialogue...................LOL

Being nice.. until it is time not to be nice should be the approach... as well as cutting off all financial aid

Being nice to governments that only half-heartedly protect our people is the same as saying it's alright.

Threaten them with serious consequences and they'll ether come around or continue down this path.

The only way to suppress violence and bigotry by Islamic radicals is to kick them in the nuts. Patting them on the back will only cause them to slap your hand away in disgust.

By nice, I mean a friendly diplomatic handshake when talking at the UN or whatever... I don't mean doing nice things or acting all chummy... maybe nice was the wrong word to use... maybe it is as simple as not rocking the boat... until such time where something happens or is proven, then it is time not to be so nice (with a big stick showing)

Forum List

Back