I Don't See The Point Of Being Nice To People That Will Never Like Us

What is your opinion on Islamic/American relations?

• Total voters
We need to put our interests first, and that means becoming energy independent. They don't want anything from us, including money for aid...I think they're so resentful, they're even willing to cut off their nose to spite their face and not care if we need their stinking oil anymore. So let's give them what they want and they can figure the rest out on their own. Our moral obligation lies first and foremost with protecting the future for our own children.

Cut off all aid now...
Sever diplomatic ties.

When they have demonstrated that they are willing to show respect toward us then maybe
we open Diplomacy with them.

Look at all the RW chicken littles squawking the Fox/Rush line...in a week you'll forget all about it for the next outrage...It was a terrorist attack and a bunch of protests of ANOTHER RW American a-hole's quest for notoriety. Stop supporting them.

Egypt definitely wants our aid, and they're a big country. They're learning. Libya loves us LOL. You people are so ignorant and ADD. And NOT getting in the WH, thank god. Time to fix your party. The whole Pub/propaganda/dupe-hater thing is a disgrace and a catastrophe. Read something.

I'm ready to be done with them as well. It's unfortunate but you just can't trust them. They have a religion that says that it's ok to lie if it suits your interests and strengthens their ability to further that religion. Our guys in Afghanistan have learned that the hard way. We should get out and set the damned oil fields on fire when we do.

Look at all the RW chicken littles squawking the Fox/Rush line...in a week you'll forget all about it for the next outrage...It was a terrorist attack and a bunch of protests of ANOTHER RW American a-hole's quest for notoriety. Stop supporting them.

No one will be forgetting this anytime soon. There is a cover up of the facts here and the American people will want the truth. The MSM may try to hide it but there are enough alternative media sources for the truth to get out.

I want to make sure this doesn't turn into a hate-fest thread.

I want to know what everyone's opinion is on this.

After 9/11 a majority of Americans wanted some retribution. People were driving around with American flags all over the country.

Since then the media and the left has changed our perceptions about the ME and more people were coming around to the feeling that it was possible for us to come to an understanding with Muslims. In my opinion that was all just a dream. This last week has snapped us back into reality like a collective back-hand from the perpetrators of these crimes.

I just don't feel the inclination to understand anymore.

The only thing keeping public-opinion from abandoning the ME and the Obama Administration's foreign policies entirely is censorship and deflection by the mainstreamers. Without that I think you'd be lucky to find 20% of us sympathizing with the ME.

Why does everything have to be "Its the Lefts Fault" with you.
Big difference with 9/11 American's actually were united, now its just the blame game about everything.

Maybe I should use code like Obama's folks do.

What word would you use for useful idiots on the left?

I wonder how many Right & Left military soldiers have/ are fighting in the nasty war side by side trying to protect each other so you can sit back in your cozy chair and be your nasty self. You wouldn't last long with that attitude.

From the Raygun years of massive aid to the most radical Muslims WHEN they fought the remnants of the Soviet Union, until now: NOW THE RIGHT despises what Raygun termed "FREEDOM FIGHTERS". A prime example of the right wing consistency in being INCONSISTENT. Why did Raygun spend billions to help create the Taliban? Here is one of Raygun's proclamations, were it not for him, and his fellow travelers, there would have never been an AL QAEDA:

By the President of the United States of America, 21 March 1983

The tragedy of Afghanistan continues as the valiant and courageous Afghan freedom fighters [The Taliban] persevere in standing up against the brutal power of the Soviet invasion and occupation. The Afghan people are struggling to reclaim their freedom, which was taken from them when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in December of 1979.

In this three-year period the Soviet Union has been unable to subjugate Afghanistan. The Soviet forces are pitted against an extraordinary people who, in their determination to preserve the character of their ancient land, have organized an effective and still spreading country-wide resistance. The resistance of the Afghan freedom fighters is an example to all the world of the invincibility of the ideals we in this country hold most dear, the ideals of freedom and independence.

Ronald Reagan, Proclamation 5034—Afghanistan Day, 1983

From the Raygun years of massive aid to the most radical Muslims WHEN they fought the remnants of the Soviet Union, until now: NOW THE RIGHT despises what Raygun termed "FREEDOM FIGHTERS". A prime example of the right wing consistency in being INCONSISTENT. Why did Raygun spend billions to help create the Taliban? Here is one of Raygun's proclamations, were it not for him, and his fellow travelers, there would have never been an AL QAEDA:

By the President of the United States of America, 21 March 1983

The tragedy of Afghanistan continues as the valiant and courageous Afghan freedom fighters [The Taliban] persevere in standing up against the brutal power of the Soviet invasion and occupation. The Afghan people are struggling to reclaim their freedom, which was taken from them when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in December of 1979.

In this three-year period the Soviet Union has been unable to subjugate Afghanistan. The Soviet forces are pitted against an extraordinary people who, in their determination to preserve the character of their ancient land, have organized an effective and still spreading country-wide resistance. The resistance of the Afghan freedom fighters is an example to all the world of the invincibility of the ideals we in this country hold most dear, the ideals of freedom and independence.

Ronald Reagan, Proclamation 5034—Afghanistan Day, 1983

Some of us have learned from the experience. Have you?

Aid is given for a reason, it isn't just humanitarian.

For those that want to just get out of the M.E., what is plan 'B' to keep Egypt in line and not threatening Israel?

What about keeping Saudi Arabia on side to help protect oil shipping routes through Hormuz?

What about maintaining access to Yemen so that you can blow up terrorists with drones?

What about the huge market for weapons?

What about the threat to the West if the M.E. countries seriously got together and created the equivalent of a Eurozone?

It would be great if it was a simple as "they don't like us, then fuck 'em" and just go home.
Unfortunately, diplomacy is a messy business.

It's difficult to believe that the majority of Arabs aren't getting sick of all the shit themselves.

Last edited:
r

Rarely Has an International Crisis Been More Predictable

September 17, 2012

By Steve McCann

Rarely has an international crisis and potential for a regional conflict been more predicable than what the world is witnessing in the Middle East and North Africa. The naiveté, ignorance and narcissism of Barack Obama coupled with his and other world leaders' despicable deference to radical Islam has eventuated in creating the Balkans of the 21st Century, whose counterpart in 1914 became the tinderbox that enflamed the globe as World War I; a war whose consequences are still felt to this day.

Barack Obama, determined to become the Muslim world's best friend, has instead unleashed the dogs of war in the Middle East. He has actively backed the overthrow of various governments in the vain and naïve hope that the extreme radical element of Islam would not step into the resultant leadership vacuum. He has essentially told Iran, that they are free to develop nuclear weapons and to meddle in the affairs of Lebanon, Syria and whatever country they choose with no consequences. He has given Hamas and the Palestinian Authority a green light to confront Israel, as U.S. policy is now to browbeat and intimidate the Israelis to accept any agreement while demanding their acquiescence to Iranian nuclear capability. He has willfully created a power and influence void into which Russia has now stepped.

Barack Obama has signaled, by his numerous apologies and adolescent groveling, that the United States is no longer engaged and is willing to be deferential to all the nations of the region regardless of their potential threat to America or the West, including Israel now essentially isolated and alone.

In his Cairo speech in 2009, Obama shamelessly blamed the West for all the problems with Islam and never once used the words; terrorism, terrorist, war on terror or radical Islam. Earlier in the same year he met secretly with the Muslim Brotherhood, the progenitor of Hamas and Al Qaeda, thus legitimizing them with a wink and a nod.

Once the riots in 2011 began in Egypt and other North African countries, regardless of what may have triggered them, the Islamists knew they had nothing to fear from the United States as the American president and his administration had made no meaningful overtures to the true democratic elements in those countries that were governed by dictatorial rulers friendly to the interests of the United States. Obama chose instead to appeal to the radical element believing that by the sheer force of his personality and persuasion the Islamists would change their spots.

While playing the game with Washington, the radicals knew if they could get the population into the streets they could exacerbate the situation to their advantage. Today in Egypt what began as student and middle class demonstrations in the spring of 2011 has evolved into a government dominated by the Muslim Brotherhood.

With Obama's determination to rid Libya of Muammar Gaddafi, without any potential moderate leadership waiting in the wings, he has provided a potential sanctuary for Al Qaeda and unleashed ancient tribal animosity.

Not only have the most radical elements of Islam now found homes other than in the mountains and caves of Afghanistan, Israel is surrounded by: Lebanon and Hezb'allah, Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood, and Syria dominated by the Iranian Islamists. All whose sole mission in life is to destroy Israel, impose sharia law throughout the region, and re-institute the old Muslim Caliphate. Their motivation is based on religious fanaticism, the most dangerous driver of human behavior.

To anyone who paid attention to this region and the virulent spread of radical Islam, their infiltration into Europe and the attacks on the United States, this potential outcome was self-evident. Barack Obama and other leaders in the West refused to believe the worst could happen, a belief that still motivates the American president. This was the same mindset which permeated the psyche of Neville Chamberlain and other politicians in Western Europe in the 1930's, as they refused to believe the Nazis were who they said they were.

Had Obama bothered to study history, he would have also realized that the overthrow of governments in nations without a long-term tradition of democracy has resulted a prolonged periods of upheaval and violence. That scenario has been repeated throughout the twentieth century from the initial Russian Revolution in 1917, which eventuated in the communist takeover and the death of untold millions throughout the world, to the Iranian Revolution in 1979, which opened the door to the current despotic theocracy in Iran, the modern day wellhead of today's radical Islamic movement.

read more here.....

It must be our dependence on their oil.

Too bad we don't have another energy source and let the ME pound sand.

i feel the sameway about most rightwingers. Fuck them.

Raygun MADE the Taliban, Bush II played kissy face with the King of the country that finances al Qaeda, and somehow OBAMA has "appeased Muslims? What universe do CONs live in? Whenever their handpicked leaders turn on the US, they are always shocked, despite the fact there is a never ending STREAM of them. Saddam, Pinochet, the Taliban, every Saudi leader since around 1940, the list goes on.....

i feel the sameway about most rightwingers. Fuck them.

Raygun MADE the Taliban, Bush II played kissy face with the King of the country that finances al Qaeda, and somehow OBAMA has "appeased Muslims? What universe do CONs live in? Whenever their handpicked leaders turn on the US, they are always shocked, despite the fact there is a never ending STREAM of them. Saddam, Pinochet, the Taliban, every Saudi leader since around 1940, the list goes on.....

Reagan didn't make the Taliban. A warped religion, bigotry, and a bunch of seriously pent up assholes made the Taliban. These guys need to get laid big-time.

Bush kissed up to terrorists?

Yeah, right. Uhuh. You betcha.

I am all for cutting off all aid to anyone who doesn't toe.....OUR line.

If only someone, in a position of power, had the vision to fund private research into alternative forms of energy - especially sustainable energy.

Oh well, I guess that will never happen.

If only someone, in a position of power, had the vision to fund private research into alternative forms of energy - especially sustainable energy.

Oh well, I guess that will never happen.

Well if unrest in the ME continues perhaps somebody will do that.

BTW, I thought this was a line of bullshit then, and I think so even more now...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6QXI0nI6E0]Obama Administration Declares "War on Terror" is Over - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back