I Don't See Any Particular Religion As Correct Or Better

That is the problem. You kept seeking after religion rather than seeking after God. If you seek after Christ, he promises that you will find him. You should have bypassed religion and read the Bible for yourself. Relijains will never agree because they are always seeking to approach God their own way which is most often through their OWN works.

There is only one door to heaven which is Jesus Christ. And if God is the one who built the house called heaven with the door in it then I think I'll listen to God on this one rather than a bunch of lost men who are wandering around beating on the walls wondering why they cannot get in.

There is only ONE door in heaven which is Jesus.

Hey fuckstick...........you did read the part that said "when I was a KID", right?

Ever hear of foster care asshole? My mother died when I was 8, and I was in foster care by 12.

I am sorry to hear that.

Jesus never said that it would be easy but he did promise peace to those that seek him. (John 16:23, John 14:27, Isaiah 26:3, Psalm 31:20, etc.)

I read that, and you went through a long list of "denominations." What I said is that you should read through the Bible and ask for the Holy Spirit to guide you. And if you truly seek him he will guide you.

Sometimes we go to men for the answers, but if it is God who created us, then should we not look to him for our guidance?

Incidentally, since I've been studying Judaic theology, it makes it easy to sort out the bullshit lies that some dumbshit Christians like yourself lay down, The Lie (you don't get a T as you are a dishonor to the Cross).

Such as???

Go fuck yourself you arrogant self centered asshole. It's people like you that give Christians a bad name.

Maybe you can explain what I said that was self centered.

One door in Heaven that allows people in? Your religion, right? That is self centered, because you discount the beliefs of others, which is why I told you to go fuck yourself, arrogant assholes like yourself give Christians a bad name via intolerance.

And........exactly HOW was it that I was seeking religion rather than God? I HAD NO CHOICE IN RELIGION because I HAD NO CHOICE WHERE I WAS PLACED. How is it that you keep missing it?

By the way, what about all those people who died BEFORE Yeshua came? Did they end up in hell also?

What about the Hebrews? Are they going to hell? Remember idiot, Yeshua is JEWISH.

That is the problem with most Christians, they find one thing that works FOR THEM, yet they think that because it worked FOR THEM, they have to make everyone else believe as they do.

Tao is a lot closer to being the truth than Christianity in its current incarnation.

And Avatar, if you had reading comprehension skills and any honest critical thinking skills, you would know I get angry at intellectually dishonest people who act like trolls, bastardize the truth, make shit up (like you did) and continue their stupid arguments.
\
But then again, I'm talking with someone who is guilty of doing just that on multiple occasions,

You shouldnt get angry at yourself so much. No one is perfect.

You don't have to keep your religion to yourself. For crying out loud, there are churches for MANY different religions, many of which are decorated in a manner that displays their religion, thereby NOT keeping it to themselves, because if they did keep it to themselves, it would be covered.

Additionally, there are MANY different churches that canvass various neighborhoods of Amarillo, many of which happen to come by my house.

They aren't keeping their religion to themselves, they are knocking on my door asking if I want to know Yeshua better.

But, I'm also free to display my belief system as well. Many of them leave rather quickly when they ask me if I'm a Christian, and I tell them no, I'm a Taoist who studies Judaic theology.

Most of them leave rather quickly, because they don't have any response to that, as many don't even know what Tao or Judaic theology is. Works 90 percent of the time.

Nobody said you have to keep it to yourself, just don't force others to believe as you do.

You don't have to keep your religion to yourself. For crying out loud, there are churches for MANY different religions, many of which are decorated in a manner that displays their religion, thereby NOT keeping it to themselves, because if they did keep it to themselves, it would be covered.

Additionally, there are MANY different churches that canvass various neighborhoods of Amarillo, many of which happen to come by my house.

They aren't keeping their religion to themselves, they are knocking on my door asking if I want to know Yeshua better.

But, I'm also free to display my belief system as well. Many of them leave rather quickly when they ask me if I'm a Christian, and I tell them no, I'm a Taoist who studies Judaic theology.

Most of them leave rather quickly, because they don't have any response to that, as many don't even know what Tao or Judaic theology is. Works 90 percent of the time.

Nobody said you have to keep it to yourself, just don't force others to believe as you do.

Actually, Dr Gregg has made several comments about keeping religion to ourselves. And id just like to know why we should have to.

Last edited:
I was raised Christian, my family up north is mostly Catholic, and my family farther down south where I currently live isn't really anything particular but I guess I'd classify them as Baptists/Methodists.

My mother and brother remain active church members and I like the idea of the church environment and people but I just don't follow or get into the ideas of Jesus being Christ and the rest of the religion.

Politically, I actually am very conservative and fully support Christian morals.

But I have a deep mind, I've just put a lot of thought and research into the topic and have come to the conclusion that it simply all just doesn't seem real to me.

It seems very likely to me that religions are just beliefs that were developed mostly during the times where humanity was incredibly more primative than it is now, and was used to keep civilizations in order and to answer questions to the simple-minded as far as how they got there, and what their purpose is, and how to "live after death."

Anyone else in this boat?

Anyone have any comments?

I might be inclined to agree with you were it not for Bible prophesy and its fulfillment in modern history.

The numbers don't lie.

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

Either the Bible is God's word or the people who translated the KJV were able to see hundreds of years into the future and altered the meaning of the original Hebrew and Greek to match what they knew would be future events.

"Religion was developed by people who needed answers they could not answer with the knowledge of the time."

Since you weren't there, how do you know one way or another?

No, I'm saying that it's atheists, not Christians, who tend to be the most egregious violators of this idea. In my experience, Christians tend to be courteous about being told that their proselytizing is not welcome. Obviously, there are exceptions. Atheists, on the other hand, (also in my experience) cannot be stopped short of a brick upside the head once they've decided to share with everyone in earshot the wonders of believing that God doesn't exist.
\
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Courteous? They go into fits and rages anytime someone doesn't believe, at least many of the more vocal ones.

Bullshit. I don't know anyone like that, and I'd bet good money you don't, either. In fact, if you even know anyone who's openly Christian at all, I'd be stunned. I highly doubt that you're openminded enough to cultivate acquaintances with anyone who doesn't think exactly like you.

Aren't you openly Christian? Are we not cultivating acquaintance with you when we post on forums together?

Are all atheists or Christians or Taoists or Buddhists alike?

90% of the time

"Religion was developed by people who needed answers they could not answer with the knowledge of the time."

You were not there and nor was I so we cannot say. However, some of the authors of the Bible personally knew those who were there when the flood happened and who knew the first man Adam.

Aren't you openly Christian? Are we not cultivating acquaintance with you when we post on forums together?

Are all atheists or Christians or Taoists or Buddhists alike?

I know the questions werent directed to me. But i felt like answering anyway.

1) Yes
2) Yes. That's why I try to treat people with respect. We all have our faults though.
3) Not sure what you mean by this question. Alike in what aspect?

You were not there and nor was I so we cannot say. However, some of the authors of the Bible personally knew those who were there when the flood happened and who knew the first man Adam.

eh... I totally believe what the scriptures teach, but you can't claim that. Moses wrote the First books and that was many generations after Abraham and Abraham was many generations after the flood.

Of course, Moses and the other writers could have easily met Adam, Noah, and the others through visitations by ministering angels.

I was raised Christian, my family up north is mostly Catholic, and my family farther down south where I currently live isn't really anything particular but I guess I'd classify them as Baptists/Methodists.

My mother and brother remain active church members and I like the idea of the church environment and people but I just don't follow or get into the ideas of Jesus being Christ and the rest of the religion.

Politically, I actually am very conservative and fully support Christian morals.

But I have a deep mind, I've just put a lot of thought and research into the topic and have come to the conclusion that it simply all just doesn't seem real to me.

It seems very likely to me that religions are just beliefs that were developed mostly during the times where humanity was incredibly more primative than it is now, and was used to keep civilizations in order and to answer questions to the simple-minded as far as how they got there, and what their purpose is, and how to "live after death."

Anyone else in this boat?

Anyone have any comments?

I might be inclined to agree with you were it not for Bible prophesy and its fulfillment in modern history.

The numbers don't lie.

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

Either the Bible is God's word or the people who translated the KJV were able to see hundreds of years into the future and altered the meaning of the original Hebrew and Greek to match what they knew would be future events.

The Torah is God's Word, which is the first 5 books of the Bible. Yes, when it was translated from it's original Hebrew, many meanings were altered. Matter of fact, Genesis 1:1 states in the KJV that "In the Beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth".

One of the reasons that people were told to not change one jot or tittle of the Torah, is because it changes the meanings of the words quite a bit, as the marks around the Hebrew letters is crucial.

What Genesis 1:1 actually states is "In A Beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth".

Same with the 10 Commandments incidentally, as the one everyone likes to quote of "thou shalt not kill" is actually "thou shalt not MURDER".

Then........there is the Niecine councils which altered the Bible even further by heavily editing the OT to focus attention on the birth of Yesha and the NT, and then writing the NT in such a manner as to point to the book of Revelation.

Incidentally, you math may be a bit off if you're using the KJV only to interpret prophecy, as many of the things referenced in the Revelation were referenced to various things in the OT which have been edited out.

But, it's not just the Bible that points to things happening soon. Check out a show sometime on the History Channel called the Nostradamus Effect. Not only does the Bible point to some of these things, but so does the I Ching, the Mayan calendar, as well as a lot of other things. They all have the same catastrophes, and they all happen pretty much the same way.

And......there's even a present day prophet on the internet. It's called the Web Bot Project, originally developed to predict stock prices, but, they've found that it shows a lot more than just the stock market.

Did you ever stop to think that when they were editing the Bible, they checked those other places as well?

eh... I totally believe what the scriptures teach, but you can't claim that. Moses wrote the First books and that was many generations after Abraham and Abraham was many generations after the flood.

Of course, Moses and the other writers could have easily met Adam, Noah, and the others through visitations by ministering angels.

You're right, there is about five generations between Noah and Moses, but still I think I'd trust a historical perspective handed down through five generations as a relatively good documentation of history. Considering that there are ~300 flood legends alive today (most of them matching up fairly well with the biblical account) five generations pales in comparison.

Not to mention the Bibles perfect track record in prophetic fulfillment.

Last edited:

You're right, there is about five generations between Noah and Moses, but still I think I'd trust a historical perspective handed down through five generations as a relatively good documentation of history.

Again, I don't dispute that, I just hope you are relying on the Spirit just as much if not more.

90% of the time

Yeah.......90 percent of the time they leave quickly. The other 10 percent I generally end up talking to on my front porch for a while as they are the rare Christians who are secure in their beliefs and are interested in hearing what others believe in.

Because, face it..........most Christians are so busy "saving" people that they never take time to listen to them.

You're right, there is about five generations between Noah and Moses, but still I think I'd trust a historical perspective handed down through five generations as a relatively good documentation of history.

Again, I don't dispute that, I just hope you are relying on the Spirit just as much if not more.

I do. But for those who just think the Bible is a story book... I'm just a sayin' :)

I do. But for those who just think the Bible is a story book... I'm just a sayin' :)

The Bible IS a story book, it tells the story of the Jewish people and God.

Wanna know why lots of people don't believe in the Bible today? Simple.......everyone has placed their own spin on the current version which is heavily edited, which means that many of the important pieces of the story are missing, because the Catholic church and the Niecine council wanted to place the focus on Yeshua and His return, rather than tell the whole story (which isn't necessarily favorable to many Christians).

Nope, try again. Currently, in the KJV it is just a story book.

Just sayn'..........:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back