I Don't See Any Particular Religion As Correct Or Better

Agnosticism is the only honest one, every other one just makes up the answer to unknown questions

Agnosticism is only honest to the point where you learn the truth about God. After that, it's completely dishonest to claim you don't know.

I know God lives. I learned that years ago through personal experience. Id be lying to you and myself if I claimed that He didn't live.

You might not know. And if you don't I encourage you to search on your own. As I would encourage everyone. But the idea that no one knows is absurd. And the idea that we should use the premise that "No one can know" as an excuse not to do any research and investigation is also absurd, and just plain lazy.

We are humans want everything right now. And if we dont get it now, we find excuses not to do what we need to do to recieve it. This applies to knowledge as much as anything else. Sometimes it takes time to learn things. The key is to stop declaring that anything we dont know is unknowable and just keep searching and trying to understand.

I'm a firm believer in the 11th Commandment:

11. Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.

If only we could get atheists to observe that Commandment.

So what you're saying in effect is 'atheists shut up' religious people talk freely?

No, I'm saying that it's atheists, not Christians, who tend to be the most egregious violators of this idea. In my experience, Christians tend to be courteous about being told that their proselytizing is not welcome. Obviously, there are exceptions. Atheists, on the other hand, (also in my experience) cannot be stopped short of a brick upside the head once they've decided to share with everyone in earshot the wonders of believing that God doesn't exist.

Or the compulsion of religious people to constantly have to show others how much faith they have. Sure you have no problem with that.

And did you forget this is a message board to state opinions and discuss anything, no compulsions, no hidden meaning, etc.

How many religious people are constantly showing others how much faiht they have? Do you have some examples?

I dont see what's unreasonable about asking someone why they want to discuss a certain topic. How is that an invalid part of discussion?

So what you're saying in effect is 'atheists shut up' religious people talk freely?

No, I'm saying that it's atheists, not Christians, who tend to be the most egregious violators of this idea. In my experience, Christians tend to be courteous about being told that their proselytizing is not welcome. Obviously, there are exceptions. Atheists, on the other hand, (also in my experience) cannot be stopped short of a brick upside the head once they've decided to share with everyone in earshot the wonders of believing that God doesn't exist.
\
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Courteous? They go into fits and rages anytime someone doesn't believe, at least many of the more vocal ones.

The point was obviously to get other people's opinions on the matter and to start a bit of a discussion...

And again I ask, "Why?" Why do you need "a bit of a discussion" about your dislike of religion, or that of the others who flood to do the same thing like flies on an overturned Port-a-Potty? You don't like or believe in religion, fine. What's it to you if other people do, and why do you think anyone is interested in your disbelief, aside from the aforementioned flies?

Who the fuck cares whY? Why are you in this thread and whining about it? What's it to you what anybody posts and wants to discuss? Hypocrite

Obviously, I the fuck care why. This pompous dickweed has taken it upon himself to barge into the lives of others and pronounce upon their beliefs, and now I wish to pronounce upon HIS arrogance.

And what's it to me? Well, they're my beliefs. So while what I believe is none of his frigging business, his pronouncements on my beliefs are MY business, and while I have yet to ask him or anyone else to give me their opinions of what I believe, he DID ask people to comment on his thread.

As usual, you're throwing around words you can't define. Big shock.

Or the compulsion of religious people to constantly have to show others how much faith they have. Sure you have no problem with that.

And did you forget this is a message board to state opinions and discuss anything, no compulsions, no hidden meaning, etc.

How many religious people are constantly showing others how much faiht they have? Do you have some examples?

I dont see what's unreasonable about asking someone why they want to discuss a certain topic. How is that an invalid part of discussion?

YOu must not get out a lot. They wear their crosses and religious clothing, they have bumper stickers on their car, they have to openly pray in public when prayer is supposed to be a private thing. and get faux outrage when prayer is not sanctioned in schools, like you really need to pray in the open in school. They have TV shows all over the TV, they constantly mention jesus. They have to preach on street corners, knock on people's doors, etc.

There are plenty of examples out there. Americans arent' very good at keeping their religion to themselves like they do in England and other european countries.

Fail to see any smuggery in the post below. Reading comprehension not strong with this one. just another insecure religious person who gets so angry anytime they hear people disagree with their religion

I did see some smuggery. Not that much though. None that I'd care much about it.

Also, could you tell me how the OP is insecure? I dont see that either. In fact, I dont see how you are in a position to comment on people getting angry when they hear people disagree with them. You are probably one of the most angry people on the board when someone actually questions whether you are correct about something.

And again I ask, "Why?" Why do you need "a bit of a discussion" about your dislike of religion, or that of the others who flood to do the same thing like flies on an overturned Port-a-Potty? You don't like or believe in religion, fine. What's it to you if other people do, and why do you think anyone is interested in your disbelief, aside from the aforementioned flies?

Who the fuck cares whY? Why are you in this thread and whining about it? What's it to you what anybody posts and wants to discuss? Hypocrite

Obviously, I the fuck care why. This pompous dickweed has taken it upon himself to barge into the lives of others and pronounce upon their beliefs, and now I wish to pronounce upon HIS arrogance.

And what's it to me? Well, they're my beliefs. So while what I believe is none of his frigging business, his pronouncements on my beliefs are MY business, and while I have yet to ask him or anyone else to give me their opinions of what I believe, he DID ask people to comment on his thread.

As usual, you're throwing around words you can't define. Big shock.

You are the one being pompous with your whiny name calling. BArge into people's lives? It's a public message board, you are the one barging into this thread being judgmental and going bonkers. Hypocrite example #1

YOu attack someone for posting their opinion in a thread, yet you continue to post in it and state your opinion. Hypocrite example #2

YOu say this
What's it to you if other people do
then you come in complaining and bitching about what this guy is doing

Hypocrite example #3. This one is a doozy

"The prosecution rests its case"

YOu must not get out a lot. They wear their crosses and religious clothing, they have bumper stickers on their car, they have to openly pray in public when prayer is supposed to be a private thing. and get faux outrage when prayer is not sanctioned in schools, like you really need to pray in the open in school. They have TV shows all over the TV, they constantly mention jesus. They have to preach on street corners, knock on people's doors, etc.

There are plenty of examples out there. Americans arent' very good at keeping their religion to themselves like they do in England and other european countries.

I get out fine. Now can you prove that any of these people are doing this because they want to show others how much faith they have?

And prayer is public and private. We are told to pray at all times and in all places. When you understand the power of prayer you can understand why you want the blessings of God in order to help you learn better. It isn't about showing off your faith. It's about asking the Lord to gain you more ability to comprehend and learn.

Why should we keep religion to ourselves? Why should we keep something that makes us happy away from others? What exactly is wrong with being free?

None of the things you mention prove that anyone does anything to gain status or to show off. You don't like what they are doing obviously and you are trying to impune bad intents to their actions rather than just trying to actually learn what motivates them. I guess its easier to just stereotype someone than learn about them.

No I'm pretty sure Cecilie is saying that it would be nice if the athiests practiced what they preached.

It would just be nice if, when you say, "I would really rather not discuss this with you, because I'm a Christian and I find this topic offensive," they would then shut the hell up, rather than continuing to rant.

Fail to see any smuggery in the post below. Reading comprehension not strong with this one. just another insecure religious person who gets so angry anytime they hear people disagree with their religion

I did see some smuggery. Not that much though. None that I'd care much about it.

Also, could you tell me how the OP is insecure? I dont see that either. In fact, I dont see how you are in a position to comment on people getting angry when they hear people disagree with them. You are probably one of the most angry people on the board when someone actually questions whether you are correct about something.

Does anybody on this forum have any reading comprehension? OP is not insecure, but the ranting and raving Cecille and other religious people that go nuts and makes assumptions just because someone questions or has a differing opinion about their beliefs.

No I'm pretty sure Cecilie is saying that it would be nice if the athiests practiced what they preached.

It would just be nice if, when you say, "I would really rather not discuss this with you, because I'm a Christian and I find this topic offensive," they would then shut the hell up, rather than continuing to rant.

:lol:as you continue to rant and rave. Phony.

And once again, this is a public message board. Don't like the topic, don't read and leave the thread. :cuckoo: Yet you continue to post, while complaining it offends you. Hypocrite again

\
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Courteous? They go into fits and rages anytime someone doesn't believe, at least many of the more vocal ones.

Bullshit. I don't know anyone like that, and I'd bet good money you don't, either. In fact, if you even know anyone who's openly Christian at all, I'd be stunned. I highly doubt that you're openminded enough to cultivate acquaintances with anyone who doesn't think exactly like you.

Does anybody on this forum have any reading comprehension? OP is not insecure, but the ranting and raving Cecille and other religious people that go nuts and makes assumptions just because someone questions or has a differing opinion about their beliefs.

Im not having a problem with reading comprehension. Now, you are clearly having some writing issues if you seem to think that talking about the "post below" which was the original post as insecure is going to lead people to any conclusion other than that.

I think it's rather amusing that you seem to make even more assumptions than anyone else and you also go completely nuts when someone disagrees with you, yet you seem to think you are somehow superior to everyone else. Human beings are funny sometimes.

Im not having a problem with reading comprehension. Now, you are clearly having some writing issues if you seem to think that talking about the "post below" which was the original post as insecure is going to lead people to any conclusion other than that.

I think it's rather amusing that you seem to make even more assumptions than anyone else and you also go completely nuts when someone disagrees with you, yet you seem to think you are somehow superior to everyone else. Human beings are funny sometimes.

I've seen it first hand people getting offended if anybody speaks negatively about their religion. Dont' act like that shit doesn't exist

YOu speak of making assumptions, and then in the very same post, you make an assumption about me that I must be going nuts and angry and feeling superios to others. .Contradiction much? YOu have no foot to stand on posting such blaring contradictions in one post. :lol: Another message board person who thinks they know someone's thoughts and intentions better than the person posting it, all from just reading a post. Nope, don't have that power, just make shit up to be an internet douche

And Avatar, if you had reading comprehension skills and any honest critical thinking skills, you would know I get angry at intellectually dishonest people who act like trolls, bastardize the truth, make shit up (like you did) and continue their stupid arguments.
\
But then again, I'm talking with someone who is guilty of doing just that on multiple occasions,

this is comedy gold. bitching about people shoving their beliefs in people's faces on public, voluntary message boards.

Forum List

Back