I don't say this often, but RIGHT ON MRS. OBAMA!!!

There is no reason in the world for a Christian woman to have to subject herself to the tortures of Shariah law or Wahabi'ism or any of that fucked-up barbarism.
So for Michelle to wear a headscarf to the King's funeral would have been Shariah law torture and barbaric?? ...... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:

It's demanded of muslim women as a sign of obedience to "Allah" under the dictates of Islam. But Michelle Obama is not a muslim. Even Saudi law says that this is not required of foreigners, so why should Michelle Obama have to do this? "Moderate" muslim women across the world do not wear headscarves at all any more. If the absense of a simple scarf is enough to bring backwards thinking muslims into rage, is that supposed to bother me? That they act like the lowest of primates when suddenly they don't get what they want, do you think that bothers me? No, it doesn't. And it shouldn't bother Michelle Obama, either, for she is a Christian and the spouse of the most powerful man in the world, our President, Barack Obama. Muslims who would be upset by something as simple as this, must be some pretty stupid people. I strongly defend their right to exercise their religion all they want, but their rights stop at MY doorstep and MY person. And the same applies for the FLOTUS.

It's really that simple.

And if you are not a Muslim then wearing a scarf doesn't mean jack shit. Not wearing it at a state funeral meant disrespect, pure and simple.
You know that wasn't a funeral, right?

You know of course that my use of the word funeral was not the point.

Let us establish the facts as you have presented them.

1. They went to SA to show their respect and offer condolences for the dead king.
2. You established the fact that she has worn a cover in the past, so she is not against wearing a head covering.
3. She made the decision to disrespect the Saudis there can be no other answer.
4. The follow up question is why and why do so many think we need to piss off the whole world.

There is no reason in the world for a Christian woman to have to subject herself to the tortures of Shariah law or Wahabi'ism or any of that fucked-up barbarism.
So for Michelle to wear a headscarf to the King's funeral would have been Shariah law torture and barbaric?? ...... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:

It's demanded of muslim women as a sign of obedience to "Allah" under the dictates of Islam. But Michelle Obama is not a muslim. Even Saudi law says that this is not required of foreigners, so why should Michelle Obama have to do this? "Moderate" muslim women across the world do not wear headscarves at all any more. If the absense of a simple scarf is enough to bring backwards thinking muslims into rage, is that supposed to bother me? That they act like the lowest of primates when suddenly they don't get what they want, do you think that bothers me? No, it doesn't. And it shouldn't bother Michelle Obama, either, for she is a Christian and the spouse of the most powerful man in the world, our President, Barack Obama. Muslims who would be upset by something as simple as this, must be some pretty stupid people. I strongly defend their right to exercise their religion all they want, but their rights stop at MY doorstep and MY person. And the same applies for the FLOTUS.

It's really that simple.

And if you are not a Muslim then wearing a scarf doesn't mean jack shit. Not wearing it at a state funeral meant disrespect, pure and simple.

1. They went to SA to show their respect and offer condolences for the dead king.
2. You established the fact that she has worn a cover in the past, so she is not against wearing a head covering.
4. The follow up question is why and why do so many think we need to piss off the whole world.
Did you ask that of Laura Bush or Condi Rice when they did they same thing?

Unlike other conservative, I applaud he anti-child-obscenity crusade. It's a worthy cause and something we all should support.
I don't think so. The childhood obesity epidemic is a myth.
For Michelle to cover her hair with a headscarf at the kings funeral would have been a sign of respect .......not seen as bowing down to anyone..

Too many American's show total disregard for the people's customs in other countries.

And then wonder why Americans are viewed around the world as arrogant A-holes. ...... :cool:

Now, let's listen to Righties bitch and moan, since Laura Bush did indeed cover her head when she and Pres. Bush visited Saudi Arabia. So, this means that she is a secret muslim, right, and Michelle Obama is not, right?
I'm right wing no? I started the thread praising her no?

You called yourself conservative. That makes you right wing by definition, no?

Was JFK right wing?

By today's standards he's probably more right wing than most Repubs. Do you have a point?

It was interesting how her dress color matched the palace rug. It didn't seem like the Saudis brought their wives at all in the picture I saw. I thought she was respectful and stylish.

It's really that simple.

Condi Rice is FLOTUS? Laura Bush went to give condolances to a dead king?

It's really that simple.

Condi Rice is FLOTUS? Laura Bush went to give condolances to a dead king?

goalposts_moving-back-1.jpg

It's really that simple.

Mrs. Obama did not disrespect the Saudis.
The Saudis have a law that Women Foreign Dignitaries are exempt from having to abide by their dress code.
America should never have to abide by any foreign countries laws that oppresses and disrespects women.
It was not a big deal over there at all. It did not piss them off.
It offended a few on their social media over there and then died out within a day or two.
It's a non issue period.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back