I don't own or carry a gun and am a minority..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Apr 8, 2012.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,857
    in my neighborhood. The grocery stores, the retail stores demographics make me a minority.
    I am a white 70 year old male.
    So I see blacks, hispanics wearing hoodies, walking and for the most part am NOT fearful!

But I'm 70 years old and have lived long enough NOT to be put into situations where if a black with a hoodie at night enters a store grabbing his crouch with one hand and his other hand in his pocket...I'm USUALLY NOT in such a store!

I've been mugged NOT in this neighborhood twice in my lifetime and am lucky to be alive after having a gun stuck in my ribs and an even bigger gun thrust in my face.

And so for the rest of you younger then me.. I've survived because of Luck, being aware of my surroundings and not being in situations where I MIGHT DIE!

And the number one rule is don't count on the criminal to abide by the laws!

2. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,667
    Good advice. That said, I carry a concealed weapon, in case I'm not able to control my surroundings.

3. Contumacious

Contumacious Radical Freedom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,859
    We have a right to life and to defend the same.

While avoiding areas of potential conflict is a good strategy it doesn't always assure that you will be free of danger.

Study the "Virginia Tech Massacre" then repost.