I don't know why you are celebrating...

What was passed in the house regarding a repeal is not a repeal in and of itself. Anyone with half an inkling of how the legislative process works knows this. Go drink your beers tonight, think that you have won, and then come back tomorrow to the sober reality that nothing has changed, Democrats still run the senate, and if it did pass the senate, Obama would repeal it, and I doubt either house could muster enough votes to override a veto.

Go drink your beers, buddies. :lol:

You need to wake up to one cold hard fact my friend.

The house controls funding. It may remain law on the books for the next 2 years, but unless the house funds it. It will be a meaningless law. If the Democrats continue to defy the will of the American people on this Matter. They will lose the Senate in 2 years and then a full repeal can go through.

You should keep in mind that the Vietnam war was not ended by a law, or the President. It ended when the peoples house Stopped funding it.

Game over bud.

Sorry to inform you, but the lies are wearing off. It's no longer against "the will of the American people." Support for full repeal are in the 15-30% range.

Wording. Some people like one or two things in the 2000+ page bill.

The bill is toxic, and the vast majority of people know that to be so.

The house controls funding. It may remain law on the books for the next 2 years, but unless the house funds it. It will be a meaningless law. If the Democrats continue to defy the will of the American people on this Matter. They will lose the Senate in 2 years and then a full repeal can go through.

You should keep in mind that the Vietnam war was not ended by a law, or the President. It ended when the peoples house Stopped funding it.

Game over bud.

Sorry to inform you, but the lies are wearing off. It's no longer against "the will of the American people." Support for full repeal are in the 15-30% range.

Hmmm..... Nah. It's more good than bad. It's good for the middle class. Why do you think your masters are so vehemently against it?

And opinions aside, you're delusional if you think it's going anywhere. It's here fo-evah.

Game over bud.

And what do you people think you accomplish by counting pages anyway? The summary of major elements of the bill is available from a number of sources, and most of them are popular.

Hmmm..... Nah. It's more good than bad. It's good for the middle class. Why do you think your masters are so vehemently against it?

And opinions aside, you're delusional if you think it's going anywhere. It's here fo-evah.
Since true conservatives put their votes where they promised to put them, in true conservatives and not RINOs, I would say you have a lot to fear in 2012.

But keep believing your rhetoric. It means you are totally unaware of the realities around you, and thus much easier to conquer in less than two short years.

Since true conservatives put their votes where they promised to put them, in true conservatives and not RINOs, I would say you have a lot to fear in 2012.

But keep believing your rhetoric. It means you are totally unaware of the realities around you, and thus much easier to conquer in less than two short years.

Puh-leeze. Rhetoric is all your side's got. They damn sure can't run on facts.

That doesn't mean they'll lose - People are obviously very susceptible to rhetoric. Look at, oh idk, you, for example; Here, aggressively advocating the repeal of a bill that probably helps you.

So yeah, they may win. But for your sake and mine, I hope they don't.

Puh-leeze. Rhetoric is all your side's got. They damn sure can't run on facts.

That doesn't mean they'll lose - People are obviously very susceptible to rhetoric. Look at, oh idk, you, for example; Here, aggressively advocating the repeal of a bill that probably helps you.

So yeah, they may win. But for your sake and mine, I hope they don't.
It doesn't help me. I'm paying more already, and it was perfectly good before.

See you in 2012.

What was passed in the house regarding a repeal is not a repeal in and of itself. Anyone with half an inkling of how the legislative process works knows this. Go drink your beers tonight, think that you have won, and then come back tomorrow to the sober reality that nothing has changed, Democrats still run the senate, and if it did pass the senate, Obama would repeal it, and I doubt either house could muster enough votes to override a veto.

It forces a vote. Let them be counted..

Step two. Provide no funding for it.
Indeed. Step three, nothing gets passed because the president vetoes everything put forth.
Step four, congress gets the blame for the gridlock.

Its dead....We can and will refuse to fund it until its fixed...

I hate to seem condescending, but you do know how the legislative process works, right?

Unless the president signs a bill into law, it is a worthless as the many dead trees it was printed on.:eusa_whistle:
Do you believe that Obama controls the purse strings? Seriously you can't be that naive.
The naïve one is you. While congress may pass a budget excluding funding, the president can veto that budget until they pass one that does include that finding. This is going to be a
drawn out battle.

so if it passes in the house and the senate and obie wan vetos. it we can announce he an obstructionst.. Yes? Thanks I love beer.

It was fun, it sent a message, and it clues the Senate in that funding it will be hard.

Also, in 2012, a huge number of democratic senators will be up for re election, and voting to repeal might lessen the anger caused by voting for it in the first place.

Also, it was a campaign promise. They told their constituents they planned on voting to repeal it. It is a promise they have delivered.

And Obama may have learned a thing or three about voter anger too.

And there is just the matter of he can admit the manner of its passage, and all the garbage that got tossed in, is reason enough to start over.

As usual, Baruch makes very accurate points. :clap2:

so if it passes in the house and the senate and obie wan vetos. it we can announce he an obstructionst.. Yes? Thanks I love beer.

Obstructionist, like repealing a piece of legislation, and basically trying to shove that repeal through with every other piece of legislation put forth if the repeal is vetoed? I know how this argument works: The people elected the president to do a job. The people elected the congress to do a job. Any way you look at it, someone is right, someone is wrong.

It can be argued time and time again that Obama campaigned on healthcare reform, therefore his landslide election was the people approving of his agenda.
It can also be argued that the the radicals elected last November only have a vocal minority's interests at heart with this repeal stuff.

The court cases to the supreme court aren't all that relevant. They are filed by state governments who may or may not reflect the wishes of their constituencies. At least the legislative challenge is somewhat legitimate.

What I foresee happening is Republicans trying to shove this piece of legislation any way they can, being rebuked by Obama and the Senate, and the public growing frustrated at congress for being so obsessed with this one issue that they neglect the rest of their job.

Game over bud.

You are not informing me of anything. I am well aware of that fact. However A majority of People do Support Repealing the Individual Mandate. Which is what the House just did, and the Senate and president plan to Oppose.

as I said. Against the will of the people.

You are living in a dream world if you think the is not Overwhelming opposition to the Individual Mandate.

Stop looking at polls that talk about an all or nothing Repeal or no Repeal. No attempt is being made to repeal it all. Just the unpopular, and some say unconstitutional parts of it.

Last edited:

Obstructionist, like repealing a piece of legislation, and basically trying to shove that repeal through with every other piece of legislation put forth if the repeal is vetoed? I know how this argument works: The people elected the president to do a job. The people elected the congress to do a job. Any way you look at it, someone is right, someone is wrong.

It can be argued time and time again that Obama campaigned on healthcare reform, therefore his landslide election was the people approving of his agenda.
It can also be argued that the the radicals elected last November only have a vocal minority's interests at heart with this repeal stuff.

The court cases to the supreme court aren't all that relevant. They are filed by state governments who may or may not reflect the wishes of their constituencies. At least the legislative challenge is somewhat legitimate.

What I foresee happening is Republicans trying to shove this piece of legislation any way they can, being rebuked by Obama and the Senate, and the public growing frustrated at congress for being so obsessed with this one issue that they neglect the rest of their job.

I have to take issue with your last statement, "and the public growing frustrated at congress for being so obsessed with this one issue that they neglect the rest of their job"

Isn't that just what happened withthe 111th" They got caught up in health care and spending that nothing else got done. Well, that's why the citizens are cheering. They got enough of the Democrats out of the House to make a difference.

And 2012 will make a difference in the Senate, too.

I'm not a Republican, but I hope they can chew gum and walk, or cut spending and repeal the Health Care at the same time. Maybe at the end of their terms, we can see something better than 9.4 unemployment as well.

Forum List

Back