I don't know why you are celebrating...

Ozmar

This tree will shoot you.
Aug 25, 2010
North Carolina
What was passed in the house regarding a repeal is not a repeal in and of itself. Anyone with half an inkling of how the legislative process works knows this. Go drink your beers tonight, think that you have won, and then come back tomorrow to the sober reality that nothing has changed, Democrats still run the senate, and if it did pass the senate, Obama would repeal it, and I doubt either house could muster enough votes to override a veto.

Go drink your beers, buddies. :lol:

It was fun, it sent a message, and it clues the Senate in that funding it will be hard.

Also, in 2012, a huge number of democratic senators will be up for re election, and voting to repeal might lessen the anger caused by voting for it in the first place.

Also, it was a campaign promise. They told their constituents they planned on voting to repeal it. It is a promise they have delivered.

And Obama may have learned a thing or three about voter anger too.

And there is just the matter of he can admit the manner of its passage, and all the garbage that got tossed in, is reason enough to start over.

It was fun, it sent a message, and it clues the Senate in that funding it will be hard.

Also, in 2012, a huge number of democratic senators will be up for re election, and voting to repeal might lessen the anger caused by voting for it in the first place.

Also, it was a campaign promise. They told their constituents they planned on voting to repeal it. It is a promise they have delivered.
No, they told their constituents they will repeal it.
And Obama may have learned a thing or three about voter anger too.

And there is just the matter of he can admit the manner of its passage, and all the garbage that got tossed in, is reason enough to start over.
Start over? Considering the make up of congress right now, and just how difficult it was the first time around, I seriously doubt Obama would be for that. I could foresee Obama vetoing any piece of legislation regarding a cut in funding. This is going to be a bitter battle fought, all the while republicans and democrats averting their attention from other critical elements of governing. But considering how much useless legislation is passed, perhaps this is a needed distraction.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

We just like it because it'll piss off the Democrats. LOL
Your candor is admirable, if not juvenile.

By 2012, many will be benefitting from the Health Care Bill. It may well be that the losses will be in the Republican members of the House, as people realize the extent to which these people have lied concerning the benefits of the bill.

By 2012, many will be benefitting from the Health Care Bill. It may well be that the losses will be in the Republican members of the House, as people realize the extent to which these people have lied concerning the benefits of the bill.

two years ago the conventional wisdom was that the repubs were fini and would get smashed again in 2010.

no one knows what happens in 2012. but i do know that the rightwingnuts have no ability to assess things reasonably.

Its dead....We can and will refuse to fund it until its fixed...

I hate to seem condescending, but you do know how the legislative process works, right?

Unless the president signs a bill into law, it is a worthless as the many dead trees it was printed on.:eusa_whistle:

It get's people who don't normally pay attention to start paying attention. Now they'll look at the Senate and see that Dingy Harry is just sitting on it.

And why would he do that? Because he's afraid it would pass the Senate. Many Dems are wobbly on this because they're up for re-election in 2012.

What was passed in the house regarding a repeal is not a repeal in and of itself. Anyone with half an inkling of how the legislative process works knows this. Go drink your beers tonight, think that you have won, and then come back tomorrow to the sober reality that nothing has changed, Democrats still run the senate, and if it did pass the senate, Obama would repeal it, and I doubt either house could muster enough votes to override a veto.

I think the republicans were trying to say "We are the party who represents those of you who didn't want this" and are forcing the democrats hand in th senate to be the party that "Is the one who makes sure you get it"

All i see it doing is bolstering support of the base for both sides in the end.

I guess what matters is do more americans support the health care bill or do more americans not support it. If more dont support it then this move benefits republicans, if more do support it then it benefits democrats.

Ok?

Whether it passes the senate or not, a message was sent today. Finally, at least one side of Congress is acting in the interest of the American people and heeding their cry. The senate will, no doubt, continue to ignore these cries and push, bullishly, forward. But rest assured, there are some democrats in the senate who are VERY concerned about their futures where this vote is concerned. They are certainly not enjoying themselves tonight. They know that if they don't listen to the voice of America, they will be looking for new offices after the next election cycle.

As for Mr. Obama...he's got the same worry if he plans on running for re-election. The idea that, by then, we will be seeing the benefits of this plan is speculative at best. And I would go even further by saying that if there are benefits being seen by then, it would only be benefitting those Americans who don't have insurance...the rest of us will be footing the bill, paying higher premiums and generally being forced to endure weaker coverage. How is that a benefit?

But the BIG question is this...HOW WILL IT BE PAID FOR WITH A SPLIT CONGRESS? The battle has only just begun...and I see this one raging all the way to election time.

Be well and hope for good health...because if these dumbasses who still want this bill to succeed are successful, you REALLY don't want to get sick.

I hate to seem condescending, but you do know how the legislative process works, right?

Unless the president signs a bill into law, it is a worthless as the many dead trees it was printed on.:eusa_whistle:

I think your the one with the civics lapse Ozmar. Congress, not the President, must authorize expenditures. Without the almighty dollar, the law has nowhere to go. Also, the Supreme Court will strike down at least parts of the law.

I think your the one with the civics lapse Ozmar. Congress, not the President, must authorize expenditures. Without the almighty dollar, the law has nowhere to go. Also, the Supreme Court will strike down at least parts of the law.

No, I'm right. Congress may authorize expenditures, but if the bill comes to the desk and the president doesn't like what he sees, he can veto it. He can veto it until congress brings forth something acceptable, or overturns his veto.

I see through my crystal ball one thing: You don't have a clue what the supreme court will do.:eusa_shhh::lol:

You need to wake up to one cold hard fact my friend.

The house controls funding. It may remain law on the books for the next 2 years, but unless the house funds it. It will be a meaningless law. If the Democrats continue to defy the will of the American people on this Matter. They will lose the Senate in 2 years and then a full repeal can go through.

You should keep in mind that the Vietnam war was not ended by a law, or the President. It ended when the peoples house Stopped funding it.

Game over bud.

It forces a vote. Let them be counted..

Step two. Provide no funding for it.

Do you believe that Obama controls the purse strings? Seriously you can't be that naive.

You need to wake up to one cold hard fact my friend.

The house controls funding. It may remain law on the books for the next 2 years, but unless the house funds it. It will be a meaningless law. If the Democrats continue to defy the will of the American people on this Matter. They will lose the Senate in 2 years and then a full repeal can go through.

You should keep in mind that the Vietnam war was not ended by a law, or the President. It ended when the peoples house Stopped funding it.

Game over bud.

Sorry to inform you, but the lies are wearing off. It's no longer against "the will of the American people." Support for full repeal are in the 15-30% range.

Forum List

Back