I don't judge a person by his race, just his character

:sad: I am sorry, but folks who use the race card, are very closed minded and not willing to see a person as a human being. It is not what's on the outside that should a difference, it's what type of heart they have for compassion and understanding.

Racist.

52ndStreet
You must realize that the White race was created from a genetic mutation, by a Mad Scientist named Jacoub.

Don’t you mean Jacob?

You must realize that the black race was created from a genetic mutation, by a Mad Scientist named Bubba.

Look, when I first heard this, I thought "WTF bullshit of course there are 'races'". But just put your bias aside for one second, try to think critically, and notice everything I'm saying is backed up by very simple, every day logic. And I will back it up again.

Racial classification is an inconsistent system. Also the classificaiton system has no biological bearing. Proof below:

Those people who are mixed black and white are called "Moeloto's I know that there are some folks to are unaware of that. My great niece is a Moeloto.

That is mulatto. So you are saying that "mulatto" is one type of "race". Like "white" is a race? If so then, you have to have a race for each mix.
black&white=mulatto
azn&white=eurasian
latin&white+mestizo
latin&white&black=so on and so on
...you realize now you are going to have an infinite number of "races" right? Inconsistent classification.

Or are you going to put all mixed people in one group? That would make it an inconsistent classification system, because now you've basically negated the "genetics" of all those people.

People know what blue and green mean. Common sense tells us that human beings can generally be divided into racial groups. There comes a point when someone's demand for complete precision isn't motivated by a desire to get at the TRUTH, but by a desire to AVOID IT.

I see what you're saying and this was the most frustrating part for me as well. But it is that we have been led to believe we know what "blue and green mean"(in the context of "race"), that is the argument I'm making. Therefore it is a social construct, not a biological one. An argument nobody here has been able to refute. Before getting frustrated, read below...

Common sense tells us that human beings can generally be divided into racial groups.

So by saying "common sense", not BIOLOGY; you are admitting racial classification is a SOCIAL construct and not a BIOLOGICAL one. If so, I'm done because that's what I've been saying all along. You added the word "generally", so you're admitting it's an inconsistent system. If I'm wrong, let me know.

"Common sense" does not mean anything is backed up biologically.

But I see where you're going with "common sense" so let's try this:

Rashida Jones, via most people's "common sense" can easily pass as "white". In reality she is mixed so carries "black" and "white" genes (not sure what the proportions are because even her "black" father carries some "white" genes an avg of 20% among African American). She ain't alone and that's only mom white, dad black that "looks white". And absolutely no quantifiable clue how many "white" genes or "black" genes she has.

rashida_jones.jpg

This doesn't even go into 50% white, 50% black that "looks black". 25/75, 25/25/25/25, of all different "races".

This doesn't even go into people who "look black" but actually have up to 60% "white genes" yet still call themselves "black". So imagine if you "look black", and think you're black, but you're actually susceptible to a "white" disease. You might not know it if "race" was used to provide preventive information.

This doesn't even go into the infinite number of other combinations.

This doesn't even go into the fact that still noone is able to define for me a "race".

These are a few of many reasons why it is an inconsistent and invalid classification system. It ha sno biological bearing. Makes no logical sense, yet you are told to put so much importance on it every day.

Last edited:
I don't judge a book by it's cover, only the pages inside it! :tongue:

Exactly :)

What I'm trying to say is that there is no logical reason to do otherwise. Yet, we are forced to believe we should "judge by its cover". Causes a lot more problems than it solves.

Not saying there will be Utopia if the concpet of "Race" disappears tomorrow, because humans will find a way to group themselves. But it certainly isn't helping matters any.

What are your goals from all of this. Are you trying to say we must all just forget about racial classifications?.
So what you are advocating is that there should not be anymore "I am black, or I am white, or I am Asian?.
That is not going to happen, people want to identify with a racial group, so I think your overall Thesis will never
materialize in America.

Last edited:
So you admit then that it is a made up concept that has no biological bearing, yet you and society continue to place such high importance on it. So much so that you let it affect how we are governed and how our social inequalities are controlled.

If you want to keep on perpetuating a myth that was created to justify social inequalities (inequalities against "your people" quite often), be my guest. In time, more and more people will understand the reality regarding "race". At the very least, as more and more people mix, the more race will become insignificant.

people want to identify with a racial group, so I think your overall Thesis will never
materialize in America.

People are told they should identify with a "racial group" by the environment. When in reality are grouping themselves in a miriad of ways that has nothing to do with "race".

there is only one race ....the human race....with lots of variations on the theme....

race is only usefull to politicians and those that want to use it to make money...

How is race an inconsistent classification system, when every application I have filed out for employment has asked me what my race was.

Re-read that statement yourself and just think about what you wrote. If an employer form asks the question, then it makes it a consistent classification system? That's your basis for consistency?

I know many people who purposely do not fill out "race" on their employer forms. Inconsistent. I also put "N/A" for race on all of my college documents and know many people that did. Inconsistent.

I am asking you to post your Thesis statement.What is your point. State it clearly, you seem to be hiding your point in incorrect anthropological data.

I made many points here and wasn't writing any thesis. But I'll post one as maybe keeping it short will help you.

"Racial classification" is an inconsistent classification system for human beings, thus rendering any data collected using such groupings to be inconclusive.

You can start there.

In order to disprove, you will need to show that each person today can be classified into a "racial group" based on distinct characteristics. Which by the way, you tried already but already got disproved.

More quotes for you to ponder:

"There is more genetic variation within races than among them, and racial categories do not capture biological distinctiveness"
Williams, David R., Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, and Rueben C. Warren. "The Concept of Race and Health Status in America." Public Health Reports. 109, no. 1 (January/February 1994): 26-41.

David R. Williams is Professor of Public Health and of African and African American Studies at Harvard. He is the author of more than 150 scholarly papers in scientific journals and edited collections and his research has appeared in leading journals in sociology, psychology, medicine, public health and epidemiology.

So much for your, "Oh so distinct 'racial differences'. I'll take his word over yours :lol:

Racial classification is not inconsistent. There will always be racial classifications.
And Blacks, and Whites are not mixing at any increased rate. The msnbc documentary
on race had false data. There are blacks that will never marry outside the black race and there are whites that don't want to marry outside the white race.

Its been this way for thousands of years.

So your one race smorgasboard race will never materialize.
Sorry to burst your utopian bubble.
Race differences exist.Both genetic and physical.
Your Thesis is wrong and absurd.

If I was an alien and landed on this planet , I know i would think that this Planet has already been colonized by many different races.

Wrong.

Race is a very real biological category.

No, it's made up. Scientifically and historically proven. Or wait, are you one of those people that ignore science?

What part of "most physical variation, about 94%, lies within so-called racial groups. Conventional geographic "racial" groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes" do you not understand?

All efforts to "get rid of race" have FAILED

LOL what efforts? We are reminded of "race" every single day, every single moment we turn on the TV, read the paper, etc. We are constantly trained/forced/coerce to put importance on race when it is a complete misnomer. It's what helps to control people and, more importantly, also what sells in the media.

You're all taking it hook, line, sinker.

the percentages don't mean the same thing in this case. a single transposition in the DNA of a gene can lead to a fatal disease state, a change of 0.0000001 %. hell, Down syndrome isn't even a change in actual DNA, just the repositioning of a piece of chromosone.

race is a real concept but more important for groups than individuals. you can make accurate predictions for racial groups made up numerous individuals but the prediction is much less significant for a single individual.

the most significant difference for racial groups is the difference in average intelligence. this one difference explains a large portion of the racial disparitiies seen in our technology driven society. dumb people of any race usually do poorly. smart individuals of any colour usually do well. there is no doubt about that. jews overachieve because they are smart on average, blacks underachieve because they are dumb on average. chinese have low crime because they are smart on average and their functional culture is smart. blacks have high crime because they are dumb on average and their dysfunctional culture is stupid.

are there exceptions? of course! but overall smart people are constructive and successful while dumb people are much less so.

:( I f i judged every race in the world, for all the things that have happened to me in my 60 years of living, i may as well go hide in a cave, away from everybody. I treat the person themselves as an individual as to what they did to me, . It is the person themselves and their own actions, not the race. I have had problems with just about every race, but i don't judge the race as a whole, just the people or person guilty of the crime. I mean that's just how i am.

Forum List

Back