I don’t get the narrative the Democrats are trying with old America

That sounds like a slogan. Can you elaborate on what liberty and freedom you allowed?

the democrats believe in giving freedom and liberty to suppressd people, like minorities.

so now Democrats can give you freedom and liberty..like they don't have it in this day and age
aren't they wonderful

I don't see repuliklans promoting any feedom but the freedom for intrusive religion and suppression of equal rights to those that have redressed Congress.

Last edited:
We allow people to have liberty and freedom.

That sounds like a slogan. Can you elaborate on what liberty and freedom you allowed?

the democrats believe in giving freedom and liberty to suppressd people, like minorities.

People get romantic for the good ole days. Usually the 40s or the 50s. American society at that time was very class oriented. If you weren't the right color, the right religion or the right gender your opportunities in this great country were limited

Our society today is much more open and accessable to more people. That is what makes the old timers so nervous

How do you give them freedom? Democrats were the ones that were for slavery. Democrats were the ones for segregation. How did Democrats give freedom? For Democrats to give freedom doesn't that mean they have to first be not free?

Many of us old folks don't think that the country is heading in the right direction. Mayor Giuliani just stated that if the election was limited to people over 40, Romney would win by 15 points. (no I don't have a link, saw it on T.V.)

That's not amazing, I'm 51 and when I was a kid I heard the old folks bitch about the country being headed in the wrong direction also.
Times change, but disgruntled old people do not, they criticize everything that they do not do themselves.
The worst thing old folks do to alienate themselves from the younger generation is saying that they are stupid and don't know anything.

They were correct.

People get romantic for the good ole days. Usually the 40s or the 50s. American society at that time was very class oriented. If you weren't the right color, the right religion or the right gender your opportunities in this great country were limited

Our society today is much more open and accessable to more people. That is what makes the old timers so nervous

I agree with most of this.. But, What gives them the right to socialize the county over it.
If we're talking opportunity than fine. But that's not the case today. The Liberals have gone way to far left.

so now Democrats can give you freedom and liberty..like they don't have it in this day and age
aren't they wonderful

I don't see repuliklans promoting any feedom but the freedom for intrusive religion and suppression of equal rights to those that have redressed Congress.

Can you give an example? It is actually the Democrats that oppress not the Republicans.

That changed because society grew up. That had nothing to do with the work of the Democrats or the government.

America of old was not an awful place for most. But we are a better society today by far

Liberals have made this a better country

You don't "Allow" anything you uneducated fuck.

Wow. And isn't that the crux of the issue?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Many of us old folks don't think that the country is heading in the right direction. Mayor Giuliani just stated that if the election was limited to people over 40, Romney would win by 15 points. (no I don't have a link, saw it on T.V.)

That's not amazing, I'm 51 and when I was a kid I heard the old folks bitch about the country being headed in the wrong direction also.
Times change, but disgruntled old people do not, they criticize everything that they do not do themselves.
The worst thing old folks do to alienate themselves from the younger generation is saying that they are stupid and don't know anything.

You must be retired from a Public Union. You go along and say anything that will keep the un earned checks coming in....... People who work and cover there own asses have come to despise your kind. I'm one of them.

I am a self employed mason/electrican/electronics tech/roofer/painter/remodeler, and I have empolyees.
Now tell me again about unearned checks. i have worked for fre and at a loss to get exposure on jobs in areas cause know I can get alot more work just by doing jobs in a certain area. There have been times when I got no check but my workers did.
I help out stuggling architects and contractors, I ehlp the poor and needy with free labor and materials I have saved off jobs.
What have you done n your life that you can drive by and be proud of your work and the art form it applies?
I am self educated and have gone to three universities and 4 community colleges, and I ma on the dean's lists, been in the military and had 3 MOS's, I have award letters for being in the top 10%, Honorably discharged from the OKANG, USAR, And the Army.
Fuck you, depise me all you like, it won't stop me from working, only death will, I never plan on retiring, I hate to sit still and want to be part of the great American experience of living in this great nation and it's people.

Right direction, wrong direction... it's headed in the SAME direction.

That changed because society grew up. That had nothing to do with the work of the Democrats or the government.

HA! Why did they have to pass laws to allow minorities the same rights as the WASP's

It had everything to do with the government. The government forced integration, the government forced equal rights for women, the government forced civil rights and affirmative action

All were fought by conservatives and the states rights crowd. It was only after years of forced integration that people came around and said.....Blacks can do this job, women can do this job, other religions are not so bad

People get romantic for the 40s and 50s...forgetting that 90% top marginal tax rate...:badgrin: (and the infrastructure investments...and the fact that the rest of the world had no manufacturing base thanks to WWII)

HA! Why did they have to pass laws to allow minorities the same rights as the WASP's

They didn't have to pass laws. All they had to do was enforce the laws protecting people. Eventually society would have grown up past the point. In fact the majority of the country had already changed at the time the government had got involved. I guarantee you if most of the country was against it then the laws would not have been passed. They want you to think people need the government to do these things. And as you can tell by your response they got you believing it as well.

It had everything to do with the government. The government forced integration, the government forced equal rights for women, the government forced civil rights and affirmative action

All were fought by conservatives and the states rights crowd. It was only after years of forced integration that people came around and said.....Blacks can do this job, women can do this job, other religions are not so bad

you understand the "government" is made up of the people of this country?
so GOVERNMENT didn't force anything...you live in the wrong country

They didn't have to pass laws. All they had to do was enforce the laws protecting people. Eventually society would have grown up past the point. In fact the majority of the country had already changed at the time the government had got involved. I guarantee you if most of the country was against it then the laws would not have been passed. They want you to think people need the government to do these things. And as you can tell by your response they got you believing it as well.

Really, so the gay have the right to marriage already?

No it didn’t. It had everything to do with the citizens of the United States allowing it. If they did not want it, they would have put people in office that would have prevented this from happening. Government wants you to think you can’t do it without them. They want you to need them so they can have control. Last how is someone free if they are to be forced by the government? All those things were gained by citizens standing up and not the government. In fact the government got in the way many times.

People get romantic for the 40s and 50s...forgetting that 90% top marginal tax rate...:badgrin: (and the infrastructure investments...and the fact that the rest of the world had no manufacturing base thanks to WWII)

No one paid that marginal tax rate. You really need to stop listening to Michael Moore as a valid source and start verifying before passing on information.

Really, so the gay have the right to marriage already?

they've always had that right...

Forum List

Back