I Don't Get The Apology..... Shellacking?!?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
"2 years ago you elected me to go to Washington and stir the hornets nest of lobbying we call 'congress' and get them to deliver more than 'we're working on it' and 'we need a raise'.

Mission accomplished.

I look forward to seeing what the new congress You, The People have selected delivers to my desk for public review."

-What I would have said if I was Barack.

Can he actually BE that much of a loyal party chump? :eusa_think:

Mission Accomplished??
:eusa_hand:

Hell yeah. It's not like Obama WROTE the crap that he was forced to sign as health care legislation - that was congress' baby - his original suggestion, as I recall, contained things like a public option which was nothing like the brick laid on his desk by the congress and the lobbyists holding its leash.

I for one am THRILLED that congress has changed hands - its not the R's taking over that thrills me, it's the change - look past the R's & D's tattooed to your representatives foreheads and see how many professional politicians got fired and replaced by someone not beholding to any lobbyists yet. It's gonna be an interesting 2 years. It would be more interesting if Obama had the balls to take responsibility for his accomplishments, even at the risk of alienating leaders of the democratic party.

Last edited:
Mission Accomplished??

If, by 'accomplished', we mean totally fucked up, then yea, 'accomplished' works.

Like I said CG - all he did that was 'wrong' was choose 'yea' or 'nay' over the bullshit that the lobbyists had their lackeys in congress rubber-stamp and their lap-dogs in the senate deliver. He chose yea and made congress beholding to the people for several big, huge, smelly pieces of crap that changed business relationships among everyone, including the movers and the shakers in healthcare and banking and the people fired congress. It will be interesting to see what the next congress delivers.

Mission Accomplished??

Hell yeah. It's not like Obama WROTE the crap that he was forced to sign as health care legislation - that was congress' baby - his original suggestion, as I recall, contained things like a public option which was nothing like the brick laid on his desk by the congress and the lobbyists holding its leash.

Yep..Republicans kept tossing brick after brick into that bin..thinking it would eventually become to heavy to pass.

Little did they know.

Mission Accomplished??

If, by 'accomplished', we mean totally fucked up, then yea, 'accomplished' works.

Like I said CG - all he did that was 'wrong' was choose 'yea' or 'nay' over the bullshit that the lobbyists had their lackeys in congress rubber-stamp and their lap-dogs in the senate deliver. He chose yea and made congress beholding to the people for several big, huge, smelly pieces of crap that changed business relationships among everyone, including the movers and the shakers in healthcare and banking and the people fired congress. It will be interesting to see what the next congress delivers.

I am thinking, investigations - maybe special prosecutor. And not much else.

I am thinking, investigations - maybe special prosecutor. And not much else.

If the investigations include corruption convictions, the public may tolerate the colossal waste of time they'll be without convictions.

"2 years ago you elected me to go to Washington and stir the hornets nest of lobbying we call 'congress' and get them to deliver more than 'we're working on it' and 'we need a raise'.

Mission accomplished.

I look forward to seeing what the new congress You, The People have selected delivers to my desk for public review."

-What I would have said if I was Barack.

Can he actually BE that much of a loyal party chump? :eusa_think:

So maybe Obama is just a flight suit and aircraft carrier short of his very own "Mission Accomplished moment". :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back