I don't get it. Do republicans even acknowledge the colossal mess of our nation's infrastructure?

It's amazing to me how republicans in power bitch about entitlement programs, yet won't do a fucking thing to fix our infrastructure. Not only do they refuse to cut any defense spending to pay for it, but they refuse to raise taxes on the wealthy. Taxing the wealthy is the ONLY way this mess is going to be fixed without adding more unnecessary government debt.
Where does the federal government need to spend money on infrastructure?

America’s crumbling infrastructure Bridging the gap

The Pulaski Skyway is a bridge of beauty, a lattice of steel held high above the river that separates Newark from Jersey City. It is also a bit rickety. Some of its struts have begun to resemble the pastry on a millefeuille. Its structure is described as “basically intolerable” by the National Bridge Inventory. The thousands of motorists who cross it each day probably agree. With no money to pay for its maintenance, New Jersey re-classified the Pulaski as an entrance to a tunnel that maps suggest lies miles to its north, so that the Port Authority could be tapped for funds. For this, Chris Christie, the state’s governor—who has had other troubles with bridges recently—finds his administration under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission and New York’s District Attorney.

20140628_USC244_0.png
I am surprised the US spends more as a percentage of GDP than Germany on roads. Is that graph combined federal and state spending or just federal? Germany doesn't have bad roads by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps it isn't how much you spend, but how you spend it? Spending less as a percentage of GDP than some of those countries there, like say Russia for example isn't necessarily damning. In that case for example it could indicate inefficiency, corruption, differing priorities etc.

If New Jersey views certain roads in their state a concern, wouldn't/shouldn't the state of New Jersey be addressing the concern themselves?

I know this will sound really crazy, but what the hell:

Let's start at the bottom line: Does our infrastructure need improvements or not?

If so, what types of improvements and to what degree?

Yes. In the hundreds of billions.
So, for the (financial only) cost of Iraq, we'd be sitting pretty, huh?

Iraq is but a drop in the bucket, compared to the 22 TRILLION spent on the war on poverty. We could have solid gold bridges if the parasites would just get jobs.

:eusa_shhh:
they have their talking points and they're going to stick with them. We already GAVE THEM almost a TRILLION dollars in some sham called a, STIMULUS
but here they are AGAIN. they never get enough of OUR MONEIS. Next week it be something else they find where they need MORE. They really do think we, the working taxpayer are flushed with money and we should all just be happy to give give give

It's amazing to me how republicans in power bitch about entitlement programs, yet won't do a fucking thing to fix our infrastructure. Not only do they refuse to cut any defense spending to pay for it, but they refuse to raise taxes on the wealthy. Taxing the wealthy is the ONLY way this mess is going to be fixed without adding more unnecessary government debt.

More stupidity from billy triple loser. The States are responsible for infrastructure, not the feds.

More stupidity from billy triple loser. The States are responsible for infrastructure, not the feds.

What is scary with these voters of today. Is that some of them really believe the FEDERAL government is our Masters and Lords over the whole country. Do they even know we all STATE Governments?

What is scary with these voters of today. Is that some of them really believe the FEDERAL government is our Masters and Lords over the whole country. Do they even know we all STATE Governments?

It's what you get in a post-constitutional US.

Forum List

Back