I don't Facebook or Tweet or any of that other shit

I consider it all poison. Part of the reason for the decline of the social skills of our nation. Everyone has gotten so accustomed to spewing vitriol from an unchallenged position behind a keyboard that they have forgotten how real discourse works. Our children are growing up in a society where problem solving is done by posting the most hateful bullshit from the anonymous Internet. A place where their voice, no matter how good or bad, has no consequences. The damage it has done can be seen on near any college campus where free speech is considered an infringement on your rights or safe space.

I signed up once when my daughter joined the Army & near instantly removed myself from it after seeing how bad it was. I will NEVER again be a part of what the unsocial among us consider being social.

Now I realize some of you will see irony in this post considering I am often very offensive on USMB but I'm not actually trying to change any minds. I'm just here for the shits & grins. And believe it or not this is my first & only interactions in an online setting like this.
I am often very offensive on USMB but I'm not actually trying to change any minds.

Brains-The-Man-with-Two-Brains.jpg

I am at Twitter, but the only people that I write to over there are my favorite celebrities whenever I have anything to say to them. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am most definitely not one of them people who will spend all day over there which also goes for Face Book too.

I consider it all poison. Part of the reason for the decline of the social skills of our nation. Everyone has gotten so accustomed to spewing vitriol from an unchallenged position behind a keyboard that they have forgotten how real discourse works. Our children are growing up in a society where problem solving is done by posting the most hateful bullshit from the anonymous Internet. A place where their voice, no matter how good or bad, has no consequences. The damage it has done can be seen on near any college campus where free speech is considered an infringement on your rights or safe space.

I signed up once when my daughter joined the Army & near instantly removed myself from it after seeing how bad it was. I will NEVER again be a part of what the unsocial among us consider being social.

Now I realize some of you will see irony in this post considering I am often very offensive on USMB but I'm not actually trying to change any minds. I'm just here for the shits & grins. And believe it or not this is my first & only interactions in an online setting like this.

Twitter is for "star gazers"
Facebook is for dummies
Message Boards are for assholes

I am often very offensive on USMB but I'm not actually trying to change any minds.

Brains-The-Man-with-Two-Brains.jpg
"I can't fuck a gorilla!"

Ha ha ha... But I digress.

You learn a lot about some celebrities. William Shatner is huge on Twitter, and holds forth on many TV shows. The guy watches a lot of TV!

William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) | Twitter

I guess I always viewed celebrities as the same as you and me.
I'm just as interested in what TV shows YOU like as I am in which one's William Shatner likes....
He's a pretty amazing guy. Really hard to believe he just turned 85 years old. He still looks great, has all his marbles, travels constantly, doing either his own show or appearing at conventions, still does TV work, still rides his horses (he's an expert rider and trainer). Not many in showbiz with a career like his.

A fews back Lucy and James Garner were voted as TV's all-time #1 stars. I think Shatner has well surpassed Garner.

Star Trek
T.J. Hooker
Rescue 911
The Practice
Boston Legal
Shatner's Raw Nerve
$#*! My Dad Says
Weird or What?

Not to mention countless appearances in different shows, and a game show regular in the 1970s.

You learn a lot about some celebrities. William Shatner is huge on Twitter, and holds forth on many TV shows. The guy watches a lot of TV!

William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) | Twitter

I guess I always viewed celebrities as the same as you and me.
I'm just as interested in what TV shows YOU like as I am in which one's William Shatner likes....
He's a pretty amazing guy. Really hard to believe he just turned 85 years old. He still looks great, has all his marbles, travels constantly, doing either his own show or appearing at conventions, still does TV work, still rides his horses (he's an expert rider and trainer). Not many in showbiz with a career like his.

A fews back Lucy and James Garner were voted as TV's all-time #1 stars. I think Shatner has well surpassed Garner.

Star Trek
T.J. Hooker
Rescue 911
The Practice
Boston Legal
Shatner's Raw Nerve
$#*! My Dad Says
Weird or What?

Not to mention countless appearances in different shows, and a game show regular in the 1970s.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being interested in celebrities etc. As long as it doesn't get weird or obsessive.
They are people just like us, so, just as I would be interested in you (or anyone else's) interests - it's not like I am opposed to hearing what a celebrity likes or does.

I find him to be pretty funny. I would not mind getting a boxed set of Boston Legal. I like James Spader as an actor.

Forum List

Back