I don't care that much one way or another but ...

nodoginnafight

No Party Affiliation
Dec 15, 2008
Georgia
If Republicans want to get Romney out of the ditch he seems to be stuck in, they need to stop spending all their time and effort on creating a fictitious Obama to run against and spend that effort on creating a real Mitt Romney we can support.

With consistent ideals
With real plans
without hoof-in-mouth disease - a guy who can conduct himself like the leader of the free world.

You know, a guy most moderates and independents like myself could support. Because we'd really LIKE to have a better choice than Obama ... but right now, we don't.

Obama is far from a great president ... but he isn't what so many on the far right are trying to transform him into. If the truth is on your side (and it may be) then why not stick to it?

If Republicans want to get Romney out of the ditch he seems to be stuck in, they need to stop spending all their time and effort on creating a fictitious Obama to run against and spend that effort on creating a real Mitt Romney we can support.

With consistent ideals
With real plans
without hoof-in-mouth disease - a guy who can conduct himself like the leader of the free world.

You know, a guy most moderates and independents like myself could support. Because we'd really LIKE to have a better choice than Obama ... but right now, we don't.

Obama is far from a great president ... but he isn't what so many on the far right are trying to transform him into. If the truth is on your side (and it may be) then why not stick to it?

You will vote for Oweblunder again eitherway, Libtard.

With consistent ideals
With real plans

They aren't creating a fictitious obama, they are telling the truth. That said, Romney does need to do a better job explaining what he plans to do, so far the only thing we're hearing about Romney's plans is from obama.

a personal attack against an invented personae rather than an honest appraisal or critique of the position stated????
Is this where I pretend to be shocked?
A fine example of exactly what I was talking about. I appreciate the confirmation.

No matter what republicans do, or what Mitt Romney does, the media is in control of what is made public. No matter what Mitt Romney says, as we have seen, the media will edit it to create what they intended he say rather than what he did say.

When the media decided that George Zimmerman was a racist, they altered the 911 call to create a reality that they preferred rather than what was. They've been doing this ever since Dan Rather used fake memos against George Bush.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Yeah, that fuckin' idiot Barry's sure doing a bang up job as leader of the free world. You can see it everywhere, well except where there's all that smoke from all those fires burning.

With consistent ideals
With real plans

They aren't creating a fictitious obama, they are telling the truth. That said, Romney does need to do a better job explaining what he plans to do, so far the only thing we're hearing about Romney's plans is from obama.

Does Pred fan mean Nashville Predators - been to a few of their games too. LOVEd it. What a goaltender!

But on your "they are telling the truth" position, I have to respectfully disagree. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but the fact-checkers are making a lot of overtime based on so many GOP claims.

[Obama has the media 120% on his side, they will willingly and unhesitatingly clean up his poop for him whenever and wherever while keeping an ever watchful eye peeled for Romney's missteps and miscues. Its quite evident the entire news industry are currently members of the journolist, "The unofficial campaign to re elect Barack Obama" save Fox News.
The Media has even seen fit to play 'See no evil, hear no evil, do no evil" with the recent travesty that befell the Libya Ambassador quite likely the result of the Obama Administrations naivete and stupidity. If a Republican were in office, you can bet this story and the manner of the American Ambassador's brutal ending would be the front page lede for the NYT and the WaPo, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.]

"Soon after the terrorist attack that left four Americans dead in Libya, reports began coming in that U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens was not only murdered by the Muslim mob, but also sodomized both before and after his death, and his corpse dragged through the streets. This grotesque defilement was willfully suppressed by the mainstream media, who were focused like a laser on a much more horrific story: presidential candidate Mitt Romney talking like a conservative at a fundraiser. Thank goodness that in these difficult times we can count on the media to cover the news we really need to know.

As FrontPage Shillman Journalism Fellow Raymond Ibrahim writes,

Sexual abuse and degradation is a common tactic used against non-Muslims, especially women, as the repeatedly raped Lara Logan found… Nor are men immune from such rapes. In fact, the photos of Ambassador Stevens—stripped of clothes, bloodied and tortured right before he was killed—very much resemble the photos of Gaddafi right before he was killed. One U.S.-supported “freedom-fighter,” for example, can be seen sodomizing Gadaffi with a rod as others dragged him along

Ibrahim finishes by noting that “the al-Qaeda affiliated men who sexually abused and killed Gaddafi are the same men who sexually abused and killed America’s ambassador.”

This revelation about the sexual denigration of the reportedly gay Ambassador Stevens raises several questions. First, when are so-called liberals going to shed the rose-tinted goggles of multiculturalism and get in touch with a righteous anger about a pathologically anti-gay, ragingly misogynist, mob culture that sexually violates and murders innocents?

When are American progressives, who whine about a mythical Republican War on Women, going to denounce this perverse sexual pathology in Arab culture? When are leftist academics, up in arms about the Bush administration’s enhanced interrogations of hardened terrorists, going to vent their fury against a culture that routinely commits sexual torture and mutilation?

Gay rights supporters work themselves into a lather over the Chick-Fil-A restaurant chain, which discriminates against neither gay employees nor gay customers. I suppose they’re unaware that most Arab and African nations walked out of an historic UN Human Rights Council debate on gay rights earlier this year, refusing to legitimize homosexuality. When are the “liberals” going to break their monastic silence about a theocratic culture that hangs gays from cranes, as in Iran, where President Ahmadinejad famously claimed they don’t have the problem of homosexuality there?...."

The Sexual Pathology of the Libyan Attackers | FrontPage Magazine

Redstate advised in a post a few days back to regard the MSM as enemy collaborators. No further proof of this fact is required other than their deliberate ommission of the story and the Repubs should regard any news reporter as they would a Muslim carrying an RPG launcher or a suicide vest .

Redstate advised in a post a few days back to regard the MSM as enemy collaborators. No further proof of this fact is required other than their deliberate ommission of the story and the Repubs should regard any news reporter as they would a Muslim carrying an RPG launcher or a suicide vest .

That's the truest statement ever made.

With consistent ideals
With real plans

Does Pred fan mean Nashville Predators - been to a few of their games too. LOVEd it. What a goaltender!

But on your "they are telling the truth" position, I have to respectfully disagree. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but the fact-checkers are making a lot of overtime based on so many GOP claims.

No, It's from the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League, we had the name first, Nashville copied us.

I'm not surprised you disagree, still, it's the truth. It depends on the "fact checkers" you are referring to. There are a lot of them these days and many are far from unbiased. I do my own research and have found most of it to be true.

So the defense is that the "Mainstram Media" is to blame. Because they don't pick up on the fictitious Obama and run with it? But the truth of the matter - the real truth and nothing but the truth - is that the GOP hasn't been able to come up with anyone better. Sure it's easy to blame others for their failure, kids try this all the time - but at some point I'd expect the GOP to grow up and quit trying to blame everyone else for their failure to field a viable candidate.

I would LOVE to have someone other than Obama to vote for. I'm waiting for one to emerge.

But wildly inaccurate hyperbole is not very persuasive to me. And telling adherents to only listen to or trust information they receive from approved sources sounds more like a cult than the way to run a country.

Get off the personal attacks, get off the absurd hyperbole, and get ON issues. Get ON a plan and a vision of where we need to go and how we need to get there.

THEN you might win back the moderates and independents like me that you've lost. Just a suggestion ... like I said, I really don't care whether you do or not. I'm just telling you what the middle-of-the-road voters like me are thinking.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back