i donated my 17yo toyota corolla

ecks_why

to group that auctions them off & donates to charity :) auction place (whiteysauction.net) had several sales for similarly ancient toyos with mucho milage from the 80s & 90s in the $1000 range

but i'm guessing my toyo won't bring in alot of $$$ it only had 113k miles & generally good condition except the tranny was starting to slip into neutral occasionally from drive, dealer said "replace". at mechanics pay rate $50/hr bill rate $90/hr it's just not cost effective for consumer level repaired trannies, so they trade the used box in as partial payment on a rebuilt box & then the used box gets rebuilt & recycled. rebuilt 95 tranny about $2800. then it also needed struts front/rear another $1100-2000 depending on who quoted

just not worth spending $4000 more on a 17yo car, recent garage work about $900 a few months ago tuneup, alignment, ignition, fuel system etc.

so i got a new toyota corolla LE on a 3 year lease :) :)

Last edited:
to group that auctions them off & donates to charity :) auction place (whiteysauction.net) had several sales for similarly ancient toyos with mucho milage from the 80s & 90s in the $1000 range

but i'm guessing my toyo won't bring in alot of $$$ it only had 113k miles & generally good condition except the tranny was starting to slip into neutral occasionally from drive, dealer said "replace". at mechanics pay rate $50/hr bill rate $90/hr it's just not cost effective for consumer level repaired trannies, so they trade the used box in as partial payment on a rebuilt box & then the used box gets rebuilt & recycled. rebuilt 95 tranny about $2800. then it also needed struts front/rear another $1100-2000 depending on who quoted

just not worth spending $4000 more on a 17yo car, recent garage work about $900 a few months ago tuneup, alignment, ignition, fuel system etc.

so i got a new toyota corolla LE on a 3 year lease :) :)

That was very nice of you...:eusa_angel:

Ive got a 1992 g20 infinity only 90 k on the clock ,we are going to buy a new car quite soon i dont think ill get more than a few cans or oil for it in a trade in so that might be the way to go
dont really want to part with it had it from new and got attached to it ,

Ive got a 1992 g20 infinity only 90 k on the clock ,we are going to buy a new car quite soon i dont think ill get more than a few cans or oil for it in a trade in so that might be the way to go

Then why replace it? It will go a long time if you maintain it. (Turned 195,000 in my Jeep last week.)

Then why replace it? It will go a long time if you maintain it. (Turned 195,000 in my Jeep last week.)
Tell my wife that ,

Tell my wife that ,

Maybe you should look into trading something else? :eusa_whistle:

Tell my wife that ,

Maintain a car and it will generally run forever. 195K on my Jeep, I sold my last truck with 366,000. My wife's friend retired her Mercury Capri XR2 with 290,000 (it wasn't worth the $1500+ convertible top it needed), her Ranger has 225,000. My wife's Festiva went 273,000 miles. My uncle retired his Dakota from hauler duty with 301,000. My friend has 270,000 on his F-250, his father has 490,000 on his Ford van.

Forum List

Back