CDZ I do not understand the fascination with and demand for semi-automatic rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2nd amendment guarantees a citizen's right to bear arms.

It doesn't specify caliber, rate of fire, barrel length, magazine capacity, brand of weapon ...

... it doesn't even specify firearms. The right to bear arms includes swords, knives, bows and arrows, and phased particle beam weapons.

The 2nd amendment guarantees a citizen's right to bear arms.

It doesn't specify caliber, rate of fire, barrel length, magazine capacity, brand of weapon ...

... it doesn't even specify firearms. The right to bear arms includes swords, knives, bows and arrows, and phased particle beam weapons.
The right to free speech has no specifications whatsoever. Yet we have time and court tested laws restricting it when it comes to slander, libel, or using it to foment violence.

Well. Give me your justifiable reasons for wanting many weapons.
Give me your justifiable reason for asking stupid questions.

Rights don't need to be justified.

It's none of your business what any law abiding citizen owns or wants

The right to free speech has no specifications whatsoever. Yet we have time and court tested laws restricting it when it comes to slander, libel, or using it to foment violence.
And we have laws that state exactly who can own a firearm and under what circumstances it can be fired

The 'demand' for semi-automatic rifles is an extension of the natural right to one's own defense and is protected under the second amendment.

That is where I see a natural rights.
What are you talking about? Semi-automatic rifles (or any other kind of rifle) is not a "natural right"!

You must not know much about rifles, a .30 caliber center fire is the preferred round for hunting things like deer.
Even if true - so?
How does this negate what I said?
It’s not the .223/5.56mm that is the preferred round for a hunter. T
Even i f true - so?
hat is the round that is preferred in magazine fed rifles, at this time. Most commonly for defense.
Even if true - so?
Was the 12 gauge shotgun invented to hunt, or kill people, because it can do both very well.
Dunno. Tell us.

False? You must mean that I am wrong, but I can tell you that I don’t write false hoods.
You do when you do not know that talking about.

1963​

The Air Force standardizes the AR 15 and designates the rifle M-16. 85,000 rifles are purchased by the Air Force. Also this year, the US Army purchases 85,000 more M-16 rifles.

1965​

By this time, the M-16 had become the military’s primary service rifle, with over 300,000 purchased from Colt, now known as Colt’s Inc., Firearms Division.
The AR15 stabndardized as the M16 is not the same AR15 Colt developed from the M16 into a sporting rifle.
The original intent may have been for hunting, and if it was it seems silly.
Stoner/Armalitedeveloped the AR15 as an assault rifle. It became the M16
Colt further developed the M16 into a sporting rife.
"Sporting rifle" and "hunting rifle" are not the same thing.
That said, the AR platform can be effectively used to hunt anything from squirrel and rabbit to elk and moose.

And we gave laws that say you can't use a gun to violate the rights of others

Well. Give me your justifiable reasons for wanting many weapons.
There's no need for anyone to justify to anyone their reasons for the exercise of a right - indeed, right now, there's a case before the USSC regarding that very thing.
You want to -restrict- the exercise of a right? Then you must demonstrate that restriction is both necessary and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back