I do know this, when English is misunderstood

misysvienna how old are you? quit spewing forth crap you overheard your parents dicussing as you obviously know nothing yourself!

I've got an open question, whether I'm wrong about saying this, but I may be.

Of senior Cabinet members, is not the Bush Administration...

The first to have any black in the top cabinet. (two actually)

The second after Clinton to have a woman.

The first to have a non-white woman.

True?

Originally posted by misysvienna
Couples seen on TV have been predominanlty of one origin. You can't deny that.

Sorry. It took me a second to understand your meandering convulted debate style, but are you complaing there aren't enough so-called 'inter-racial' relationships depicted on TV?

Who cares?

Is this what keeps you awake at night? Seriously, you worry yourself with inconsequentials.

have you heard of the My Lai massacre?

Yes. Do you think that's representative of our military's conduct then or now?

Do you know what happened after the North conquered the South in '75? How does that compare to My Lai?

have you heard of the students shot for protesting against the war?

Yes. It happened about 45 minutes from where I'm sitting. My brother went to school there.

Have you got any idea of the things that happened in vietnam? chemical warfare?!!

Using a defoliant isn't chemical warfare. We weren't at war with the trees.

And by the way- you left Vietnam because you were losing- something you never thought you could do and because it became increasingly obvious how wrong the war was

Nope. We didn't leave Vietnam because we were losing, nor did we leave because it was wrong. We left because public opinion, having been soured by the liberal mass media and other domestic radical leftists, had turned against the war. So we abandoned the South Vietnamese. The most disgraceful part of that war was failing to aid the South in '75 as the treaty we signed with them promised we would.

Perhaps not ironically, that treaty was called the Paris Peace Accords.

Originally posted by Zhukov

Do you know what happened after the North conquered the South in '75? How does that compare to My Lai?

Comrade General, allow me to explain,

Several Millions murdered and left to this day unjustified or punished, is nothing compared to around 25 prosecuted and convicted murders.

Consider the Hue Massacre , by NVA troops during Tet 1968, murdered only 7,600, and that was public knowledge.

Consider that it really never mattered to the anti-war element, then and now.

Today's liberals automatically consider any one concievable war crime proof of our moral lack of justification for victory over our opponents.

Whether or not we investigated, prosecuted, or even capitulated to popular uproar and retreated in shame, this action taken by a few were CONCLUSIVE PROOF of our unjust cause in the fight.

Consider also that crimes committed by whatever nation we may have supported in the past, directly convict the very nature of our support and moral position in whatever conflict we may have taken a side upon.

And that's despite the blatent, total disregard for following any conventions of war, that EVERY enemy of the U.S. for the past Century has ignored.

The Paris Accords, in which the terms of the ceasefire were flouted by North Korea, Laos, and Cambodia before the ink was dry and the U.S. troops began to withdraw. Of thousands of verified POW's and scores of thousands MIA, only a mere 500 were presented as the sum total, out of 16 known North Vietnemese prisons and countless other tiger pits of Viet Cong control.

Yet despite the total lack of disregard for treaties, conventions, or moral justification, the liberals of today STILL consider the U.S. involvement in defending South Vietnam from a Communist Massacre a grand mistake in design. "Mai Lai" is a mantra of condemnation that is lodged into permanent evidence of then and future criminality of U.S. foreign policy, even now, decades later.

There is no way for rational people such as you and I to understand why certain individuals will claim higher principles for having opposed the U.S. fight against Communist, a government murdering over 100 million of its own citizens in this last century.

The same people today condems the thousands of dead since the U.S. invasion and exhonerate away the Millions of dead at Saddam's hand. They condemn the humilation of prisoners and exhonerate the wood chipper. They condemn ANYTHING related to U.S. policy and exhonerate EVERYONE else.

Of course, we can expect the immediate response to such claims as "Just because I condemn the U.S. doesn't mean I supported Saddam".

Yet press them with specifics, did you support the invasion? Do you support our withdrawal? Do you believe the prisoners are better off? Do you believe the people are better off? All these specific questions on moral relativity confuses the hell out of liberals. They have their "Mai Lai" but the "Hue Massacre" is dead air.

That's all they have, and all they know.

Spacibo za Slushytcya,

Comrade

I would argue that French isnt as popular a language anymore as you would think. Youd have better success with Spanish or Chinese.

Forum List

Back