I dispute the idea new mileage rules will make cars more expensive

Why can't I buy a Ford Ranger with a 4 banger diesel engine like they sell in Europe?

I get between 25 and 30 mpg with my gasoline engine, but would gladly trade that for the 40-50 MPG of the diesel engined Ranger.

What is it with the USA that they won't allow this type of engine for small trucks, anyway?

You miss the point....Democrats are intentionally trying to raise the price of gas so they can takeover the oil industry.

Viable alternatives are not going to be considered.

Why can't I buy a Ford Ranger with a 4 banger diesel engine like they sell in Europe?

I get between 25 and 30 mpg with my gasoline engine, but would gladly trade that for the 40-50 MPG of the diesel engined Ranger.

What is it with the USA that they won't allow this type of engine for small trucks, anyway?

You miss the point....Democrats are intentionally trying to raise the price of gas so they can takeover the oil industry.

I didn't miss the point...I just don't believe it. For one thing...the Republicans didn't change the law, either.

Stop being such a partisan and start facing facts, is my advise to you.

Viable alternatives are not going to be considered.

By either party, seems like.

But them, too, I basically believe that both parties are basically a sham, too, and I understand that you have yet to have that revelation hit you square between the eyes.

It'll happen eventually once you really start to study their policies.

Tried that is the 70's and the American people hated it. Remember the Mustang II? My father laughed when my sister drove up to the house.

Then you have to ask how safe these cars are. Do you want to be in a lite weight car because the engine cannot pull the weight on the normal car, nor will it get mileage, in a wreck with say my F250?

The American people barely support the troops enough now to TALK about reducing demand for Middle Eastern oil. Much less doing anything about it.

About the "driving an Aveo" fear

In 1988 a luxury sports sedan might weigh 3400 lbs, sport 160 horse, and get 23 mpg

In 1998 a comparable sedan might weigh 3800 lbs sport 290 horse, and get 23 mpg

by 2008 you were buying a 3800 lb 425 horse sedan getting 20 mpg

Let me remind you, folks in 1988 weren't deprived by driving 225 horse Mustangs. Or 160 horse Toronados. Them were not the dark days.

Forum List

Back