I Didn't Know Fire Exits Needed

absolutely....the "Republicans Guide to History".......page 340.....the section on getting out of a Burning Building.....Quickly....fire Escapes were first Utilized at the Republican Convention of 1894......

I hope you're being sarcastic because the Factory and Workshop Act of 1895 was passed by the British Parliament. I don't think there's too many Republicans there.

but Rush said......you mean he lied?....:eusa_eh:

Nawwwww. Rush wouldn't do that....would he? :eek:

"The owner of a Bangladesh clothing factory where a fire killed 112 people says he was never informed the facility was required to have an emergency exit, a sign of how far removed the leaders of the nation's garment industry are from issues of worker safety.

"It was my fault. But nobody told me that there was no emergency exit, which could be made accessible from outside," factory owner Delwar Hossain was quoted Thursday as telling The Daily Star newspaper. "Nobody even advised me to install one like that, apart from the existing ones." "I could have done it. But nobody ever suggested that I do it."

Factory Owner: I Didn't Know Fire Exits Needed - ABC News

Common sense is not one of this business owner's strong points. Moreover, I do not believe a word of his story.

This is reminiscent of the The Triangle Shirtwaist Fire (1911) NYC where the fire exits while built were blocked or locked. The fire caused the deaths of 146 garment workers and at trial, the average recovery was $75 per life lost.

Someone somewhere is paying a high price for our cheap clothing and such.

btw posting something like this that is embaressing to business it the mark of a libturd ;)

Your tag really should read, taking it to the molecular level uscitizen. :eusa_angel:

See? This would be America's future, just as it was our past, if the Republican's ever get their way and eliminate "burdensome" regulations and "government interference" in the market place.
That's not true. I lived in the most conservative strongly Republican city in the United States of America for 35 years, and I owned a business there. Every year, my business was visited by the Fire Department to check that there were (1) no fire hazards and (2) the fire hydrants in 3 places required by law were both accessible and worked properly.

Stop blaming Republicans for everything.

Well, then, just what ARE they talking about when they go on about government regulations killing jobs? If not fire escapes, what? If those are not "burdensome," what is? And, who gets to decide?
Try running a business for yourself sometime. It might come to you when you have to send in your monthly tax accounting and it takes you a week to do it.

=freedombecki;6434460]
Try running a business for yourself sometime. It might come to you when you have to send in your monthly tax accounting and it takes you a week to do it.

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. TAXES are a burden to business, right? Should they be eliminated?

=freedombecki;6434460]

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. TAXES are a burden to business, right? Should they be eliminated?

She was referring to the paperwork involved in reporting Oldguy.

Forum List

Back