I Did Something Funny....

Last night - or very early this morning - depending on how you view it.... it was around 4am.... I have insomnia so I don't sleep much..... Anyway....

I was bored but I didn't want to get up and start work, so I put the radio on. Don't know what station it was but.... they were talking about the AZ shooting and the USA's 'obsession' with guns. They had a guest on... someone from the Huffington Post, no less. (Don't ask me her name, I didn't catch it). So, anyway, they gave a number to call to participate in the discussion. Me, being me, thought 'ahhhh, shit, why not?' so I rang. The HuffPuff woman was bitching about 'right wingers' generally and coming out with a load of shit about how 'the right won't allow congress to pass anything that might stop this "continual carnage" (her words).

So I challenged her on every point she made. That stopping certain guns, certain ammo, etc etc etc did jack shit, and that the left wing scare tactic last time around - where they predicted all kinds of hell breaking loose if we allowed previous legislation to lapse, etc. In short, I blew her out of the water. With facts. Cold, hard, indisputable, facts.

It was very, very, funny. I am a bad person.... I eat HuffPuff Reporters. :lol::lol::lol: Even better, I think the show's host was totally lost. :lol::lol:

I've done funnier things.

For example...I was carrying my 5 year old son's skis, boots, and a large bag thought the ski area parking lot, when I hit a patch of ice, flew into the air, and landed hard on my right buttock. My keys, which were in my hand, flew out and landed underneath another car.

I'm sure it would have been funny to watch.

Why would that back and forth have sounded any different than the thousands of other similar conversations? In a debate like this one, everyone thinks she's right (correct) and goes away harrumphing as if she is. I've called C-Span's Washington Journal a couple of times and felt the same way. Then, after listening to the playback, wondered if what I said sounded lame. Petty? Picky? Knowledgeable? It is, however, rather exhilarating to know your voice has been heard by millions. Wow.

Oops, that was meant for CG, not you Xo. But don't cry--your story was funny too.

Last edited:
OK CG, if you cant get a link and a recording, I would settle for transcripts! :lol:

You know they say late night AM radio draws out all the weird ones. :lol: You can hear some pretty interesting conversations late at night and some of them have no clue to whats really going on. Funnier than the Honeymooners!
Honeymooners.jpg

You know they say late night AM radio draws out all the weird ones. :lol: You can hear some pretty interesting conversations late at night and some of them have no clue to whats really going on. Funnier than the Honeymooners!
Honeymooners.jpg

Phil Hendry is the best late nite radio... His "guests" are too funny. (they are performed by Phil too)

George Knorry is just plain wierd :cuckoo:

OK CG, if you cant get a link and a recording, I would settle for transcripts! :lol:

If I'm awake at 4am again this morning, I will scan the stations to find it. Then I can check to see if they podcast stuff. You would love it. I bought my best game. Unfortunately, the HuffPuff girl forgot hers. :lol::lol::lol:

If I'm awake at 4am again this morning, I will scan the stations to find it. Then I can check to see if they podcast stuff. You would love it. I bought my best game. Unfortunately, the HuffPuff girl forgot hers. :lol::lol::lol:

LOL, thats why its so damn funny!

Set your alarm! And find that station!!!

I haven't been able to track down the damned station! I'm still looking.

Lord, Fail&Won'tGo would be horrified to read this thread! Imagine how mad he'd be if he knew that some airhead conservative had destroyed one of his beloved HuffPuffers.

Forum List

Back