I Deep-Fat Fried My Turkey For The First Time

I'd send pics but my wife already started ripping into it.

I didn't become a burn victim and she says it tastes really good.

You are my hero for attempting this....
This is not an easy thing to do...
I saw a guy from the food network do this in his back yard
and he set up a ladder and a pulley system and had some
fire extinguishers on hand....

I hear if done right the turkey is excellent.

There was a place in downtown Brooklyn NY that did it in their store...
I always wanted to try it...

Good for you...for taking on the challenge.... :clap2::clap2:

My brother in law did that one year, it was good.

I just bought turkey parts for him and me this year. I cooked them. I browned them first on top of the stove then put them in a baking dish, covered and then took the cover off about 15 minutes before they were done and let the skin get crispy.

It was very good. We were done eating and the kitchen was clean by 3:00.

Thanksgiving done..

Well I hope everybody enjoyed their day...whatever they did or whatever they cooked.
Time with friends and family is the important thing.

So do another one.... and take pics! :eusa_clap:

I came in here to tell everyone and by the time I got back in the kitchen the bird was wingless and legless.

Congratulations!

I've always wanted to try it, but I'm kinda scared of it, because if the turkey is too wet, the oil explodes all over the place.

Too bad there's not any place in Amarillo that serves it, I'd like to see how it tastes, because I've heard that it's very good flavor and comes out moist and tender.

Congratulations!

I've always wanted to try it, but I'm kinda scared of it, because if the turkey is too wet, the oil explodes all over the place.

Too bad there's not any place in Amarillo that serves it, I'd like to see how it tastes, because I've heard that it's very good flavor and comes out moist and tender.

Look on this link and it'll tell you exactly what to do. How to Deep Fry a Turkey

happy-thanksgiving12.gif

The last time I asked someone what they stuffed it with, they said it was already stuffed.

I just bought turkey parts for him and me this year. I cooked them. I browned them first on top of the stove then put them in a baking dish, covered and then took the cover off about 15 minutes before they were done and let the skin get crispy.

Thanksgiving done..

:confused:

Is the idea to get it over with as quickly as possible?

Thanksgiving done..

:confused:

Is the idea to get it over with as quickly as possible?

Depends if you're gonna brave the wild crowds on Thursday night for the sales.

I'd like to taste deep fried turkey but wouldn't ever make one. Mostly just not a fan of the deep fried fare. We went old school, big old bird in the oven. No company though. :sad: The units are officially in no condition to travel for the holidays anymore, will have to come up with a new plan for Christmas this year. Ch-ch-ch-ch-chan-ges. The upside? Dinner in sweats! lol Accidentally put too much ginger in the pumpkin pie. Mah tongue has a tingly. Overall though a darn good day. Hope you guys had a good one as well!

I came in here to tell everyone and by the time I got back in the kitchen the bird was wingless and legless.

Ha! Hope you get some of it. Poor Muddie. :D

I got some.

Main thing I was worrying about was burning my hair. Had it all tied up and under a ballcap. That flame is pretty hot.

Next time turn the burner off before you lower the turkey. That way any spillage won't catch on fire.

I fried two of them today and they were delicious. Crispy skin with very moist meat. We cooked two 10 pounders, took about 35 minutes each.

Forum List

Back