I cut off my "best friend" from my life for good. Would you do the same in my position?

Do whatever you feel is the best course for yourself

sometimes you got to loss that excess baggage and just leave it on the plane

Still maybe you guys should have an honest discussion and clear the air because something is going on that your not talking about.

He might have been your friend once, and he might be your friend again some day, but it doesn't sound like he's your friend now. You don't have to put up with that kind of treatment, even from someone you care about.

So yesterday I told directly to my "best friend" whom I knew since High school to NEVER call me, never speak to me and never come to my house again and that he is dead to me.

I don't know If i was being harsh or taking it too far, but then I remember all the shit he has done to me the past few months.

Examples
-Says "fuck you" to me when i told him i dont feel llike going to the gym
- Called me an embarrassment to my city
- Suggested Im a coward
-Blocked me on facebook, and told my friends behind my back to cut contact with me
-Whenever i dont go out to somewhere with him he guilt trips me and tries to make me feel bad such as saying wow now i know who my true friends are
-my friend invited me to a group chat with him and he said get this mother fucker outta here
-my friends told me i was upset he blocked me and he started laughing about it
-called me a sad **** for not coming over to his house
-makes fat jokes of me all the time and posts pictures of a pig suggesting its me to other friends
-calls me a dog whenever i refuse to hang out
-friend asks a question about me to him and hes like i dont know who that is, treating me like a stranger

Now tell me, if someone you are close with for years does all that to you, what would you do? forgive them or cut them off for good like I have?

Was I right to tell him off and cut contact or am i being too mean. I am so angry writing all this up just want someone to listen and give me advice

Back in the '90s, after I quit methamphetamine forever, I had to do the same disconnection with one of my closest best friends who utterly refused to quit "feeding his nose" and didn't see anything wrong with his unstable, whacked-out, crazy tweeker life. I hated to do it but I essentially told him, stay out of my life forever. I care about you but I never want anything to do with you in any way any longer. Because your entire life is based on this destructive, speeded-out self-destruction of nonstop crystal meth and you'll never stop until it kills you.

And 10 years later I found out it DID kill my former best friend around age 40. He was in the middle of a methamphetamine, multi-day, stay-awake binge and suddenly died of a massive heart attack or some weird cardio disaster that nose-powders cause. Like Carrie Fisher. I admit I feel a mixture of every emotion in the book about cutting my drugged-out, train-wreck best friend out of my life and now knowing he eventually died. But I still know that deep down, there was nothing I could have done for him; he had spent his entire life abusing piles of methamphetamine, and he saw nothing wrong with it. I knew there was nothing I could do to change Rob's deadly destruction spiral with speed.

Forum List

Back