I could support a Discussion for altering Age Limit Constitutional Requirement For Running For Pres

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
....BUT JUST SO OCASIO-CORTEZ COULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT?

:haha:

OCASIO-CORTEZ IS A BIGGER EXAMPLE OF WHY WE DO NEED TO KEEP THE AGE LIMIT THAN WHY IT SHOULD BE LOWERED!

"Unemployment is low because people are working 80 hours a week"

"A 17-year-old can walk into a shop" and purchase an assault weapon"

"Abolish ICE"

"Capitalism won't always exist in the world"

"We're gonna flip this (RED) seat red"

"Israel is continuing to build settlements in PALESTINE..."I am not the expert on geopolitics"

Vox mocked for seeking constitutional overhaul so Ocasio-Cortez can run for president

VOTE On The Dumbest Thing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Has Ever Said

I imagine you probably didn't read the Vox article, and there's not much point because it's just pretty fluffy, but the author explicitly makes the argument that the reasons for changing it are not just so AOC could run, in the last section describing a hypothetical Schwarzenegger run in 2012.

"That simply illustrates the cost of waiting to fix a constitutional problem until it’s relevant — once it’s relevant, people have a way of finding reasons to stick by even bad principles. The process of amending the Constitution is extremely cumbersome, requiring both supermajorities in Congress and ratification by a staggering 75 percent of the states. But there’s no time like the present to start working to abolish arbitrary qualifications and letting any eligible voter run for president any time he or she wants to."
So, if you support the discussion I would say you're actually entirely in agreement with the author of the piece on that topic, despite your antipathy towards an AOC run specifically.

Thank you...and I did see it...which is why in the title I stated I would have no problem entertaining a discussion about making such a change. For those interested in getting the Constitution changed, however, it would serve in their own best interest, IMHO, if they just did not mention AOC...AT ALL...in that discussion.

....BUT JUST SO OCASIO-CORTEZ COULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT?

:haha:

OCASIO-CORTEZ IS A BIGGER EXAMPLE OF WHY WE DO NEED TO KEEP THE AGE LIMIT THAN WHY IT SHOULD BE LOWERED!

"Unemployment is low because people are working 80 hours a week"

"A 17-year-old can walk into a shop" and purchase an assault weapon"

"Abolish ICE"

"Capitalism won't always exist in the world"

"We're gonna flip this (RED) seat red"

"Israel is continuing to build settlements in PALESTINE..."I am not the expert on geopolitics"

Vox mocked for seeking constitutional overhaul so Ocasio-Cortez can run for president

VOTE On The Dumbest Thing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Has Ever Said

Do you know of a single person in this world that cares what you might support?

Forum List

Back