I could care less about the problems of teen sensation Justin Bieber, however...

Catalist

Rookie
May 21, 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Part of my job in advertising has to do with keeping an eye on people who endorse the products of our clients. If they get in trouble with police this can effect product reputation and sales, and possibly void their contract with our client.

Over the Memorial Day weekend teen singer Justin Bieber had an altercation with a Mexican paparazzi, which not only ruined his weekend with his girl friend, but has caused problems for his career because he immediately got on a plane to a concert in Oslo without talking to police.

We all have this impression of celebs living high with privileged lives. But, for Christ sake this kid took his girl to the movies, a paparazzi blocked his exit, and Bieber did what I would do, punch the guy hard. So, the paparazzi scum has filed a legal complaint.

I think this is bull sh*t, and these low-life photographers should be prohibited from invading the privacy of celebs. After all, when we go to work, that is one thing, but if people from work start hounding you when you are out on a date, I think you have some rights. I don't think this is petty, it goes to the right of privacy. Here is the clip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8vH-AwTOk8]Justin Bieber in Paparazzi fight bolts from his suv toward photographer pap - YouTube[/ame]

If Bieber hit me, I would not hit back. It is against my religion to hit a girl.

• Banned
Based upon the video, it sounds like he got training to do just that from Tyson.

The way I see it, when a celeb is working or appearing at a public event. Pictures are desired, this is how they build their career.

But, if I am in my home, or as in the case of Bieber out on a date with his girlfriend, this is "non-work" time or one's private life. I think rights of privacy are being violated in cases such as this.

The late Jacqueline Kennedy was plagued by the paparazzi even right after her husbands death. Apparently, a line of "good taste" is not enough here. She sued, and won.

so he can sue..what he cant do is put his hands on people...simple as that....

celebs love the stuff when they are promoting movies and such....get over it.....

celebs have no right to assault someone for taking pictures

Part of my job in advertising has to do with keeping an eye on people who endorse the products of our clients. If they get in trouble with police this can effect product reputation and sales, and possibly void their contract with our client.

Over the Memorial Day weekend teen singer Justin Bieber had an altercation with a Mexican paparazzi, which not only ruined his weekend with his girl friend, but has caused problems for his career because he immediately got on a plane to a concert in Oslo without talking to police.

We all have this impression of celebs living high with privileged lives. But, for Christ sake this kid took his girl to the movies, a paparazzi blocked his exit, and Bieber did what I would do, punch the guy hard. So, the paparazzi scum has filed a legal complaint.

I think this is bull sh*t, and these low-life photographers should be prohibited from invading the privacy of celebs. After all, when we go to work, that is one thing, but if people from work start hounding you when you are out on a date, I think you have some rights. I don't think this is petty, it goes to the right of privacy. Here is the clip.

Justin Bieber in Paparazzi fight bolts from his suv toward photographer pap - YouTube

I'm shocked that kid has enough balls to be aggressive about anything.

I would completely support a law that would require people to get permission before snapping and publishing photographs of people when they are engaging in private life activities. I feel for the celebrities, and more specifically, for their children, when they can not walk in or out of their homes without being assaulted by flashing cameras and people shouting at them.

That being said...

Celebrities ARE celebrities nowadays BECAUSE they are highly photographed and people can see what they are doing every moment of every day. If they are out of the spotlight...they aren't as famous.

I wonder how many of those celebrities who are so offended by the paparazzi....would gladly give permission to those same paparazzi to take their pictures, once their popularity (and then their profits from their fame) started to dwindle.

I'm a teacher. No one ever takes my picture when I go to the supermarket. My kids play at the park without being harassed. But, I can't afford to take my children to private islands for vacation several times a year. I worry about how we're going to pay our bills. No one has ever given me a designer bag, shoes, dress, etc. for free just so it could "be seen" at my job. I wonder how I'll afford college for my kids, retirement, etc. My job has perks and drawbacks. A perk is that I'm never harassed by paparazzi...a drawback is that I worry about my family's finances.

Justin Bieber, if he is intelligent, will never have to worry about money again. Ever. He'll send his kids to college without trouble. He'll vacation around the world, seeing beautiful locations without losing a moments sleep over the cost. He'll retire early and live without concern for how he is going to pay for it all. Thats a pretty big, damn perk. The drawback is...he and his girlfriend have their pictures taken a lot when they are trying to enjoy dinner together.

I think a lot of Americans would gladly trade being able to eat a dinner at a restaurant without being bothered by paparazzi for total financial security.

i like to take a lot of pics....when children are involved i ask permission....if you cant make out your face...i dont feel the need to ask adults.....if you can make out the face...i ask....i dont do paperwork....i am just a rolling camera lol...auto shot and go

they can sell the pics for good money...that is why the do it and they can sell the pics cause people buy the tabloids

He's breaking into rap now and needs some street cred.

Justin Bieber is living the thug life.

Forum List

Back