I choose the jews.

Kathianne said:
So where are you living? Perhaps you can give us a better perspective?

thanks for taking so much interest in my personal life... lol..

again i am not a muslim..

i am from india, but i got a couple of relatives living in UAE, where i visit and that's where i based my post upon... the Bentley must have probably been driven by an oil owner or something.. but trust me, people don't ride donkeys to work, it is hot out there...

and of course you must know about india, predominantly India, but lots of Muslims, that's where i saw that muslims don't live in caves.. lol..

and people in UAE don't live in caves, if they did they would be dead now..

you must know about India's relationship with Pakistan, we are pretty close, lol.. and they don't live in caves either...

and another thing, i also saw a couple of Aston Martins, does this sound like a backward society to you? Lol..

ld_avid said:
lol..i don't know where you get this stuff, first of all i don't where you got the "riding donkeys to work" thing, you probably saw a video of asians riding donkeys and thought all muslims ride donkeys...this is especially hilarious to me, cause 3 days ago, i saw a Bentley going to what i am assuming, work, let me think what the difference between a donkey and Bentley is, maybe it is the cost..

and the living in the caves stuff, my parents are doctors and i can guarantee you they don't live in caves.. lol, where do you seriously get this stuff..

the madrasas stuff, there are religious schools, but there are also secular schools that many children attend that are just like the regular US schools, maybe one difference would be that no one does drugs in the schools..

Muslims don't blow each other up, but that sounds awfully similar to the Oklahoma bombing to me...

I guess what i am saying, don't generalize about the muslim society based on the actions of a bunch of idiots..

In Pakistan today people still ride donkeys as they do in Afganistan, etc. Not in the cities, but definitely in the countryside. yes, there are cars there. I am not that ignorant. But many cannot afford autos. And yes, in the Southern Philippines, the Muslims still live in huts as in parts of Malaysia and Indonesia too.

Do you want me to post the links to news stories about the Muslims bombing each other in Pakistan just a couple of days ago?

What about in Iraq?

Are you really so ignorant? Did your "doctor" parents raise and uninformed child that knows not the truths of the world?

Before you say any more, I have been to Saudi Arabia and seen the Bedouins and the tents they live in. I have also been to East and peninsular Malaysia and seen the backwardness in many parts of that country. I have seen the huts and shanty towns in and around Jakarta, etc. ,etc. I have seen it.

Perhaps I generalized by saying ALL Muslims are oppressed and backward. Well, you generalize by stating that ALL Muslims are NOT oppressed and backward.

I would bet that evidence shows that my generalization is more accurate.

Secondly, in your very first post I quote:

you can't generalize muslim society based on the actions of a bunch of idiots and i am not a muslim

Now you state:

and the living in the caves stuff, my parents are doctors and i can guarantee you they don't live in caves

Since I was refering to Muslims living in caves and you replied using your PARENTS as examples and saying that not all Muslims live in caves, you must be Muslim.

So since you lied, you have lost all credibility. If you want to defend your religion, that is fine. But don't lie to do it. What does that say about you?

I guess the rumors are true and deceit is truly part of your culture when talking with "infidels".

ld_avid said:
thanks for taking so much interest in my personal life... lol..

again i am not a muslim..

i am from india, but i got a couple of relatives living in UAE, where i visit and that's where i based my post upon... the Bentley must have probably been driven by an oil owner or something.. but trust me, people don't ride donkeys to work, it is hot out there...

and of course you must know about india, predominantly India, but lots of Muslims, that's where i saw that muslims don't live in caves.. lol..

and people in UAE don't live in caves, if they did they would be dead now..

you must know about India's relationship with Pakistan, we are pretty close, lol.. and they don't live in caves either...

For sure. Not your 'personal life' but rather the perspective of someone living there.

ld_avid said:

So close you want to nuke each other!

and the living in the caves stuff, my parents are doctors and i can guarantee you they don't live in caves

please don't get angry, like I said, India is predominantly Hindus, but there are lots of muslims and some Hindus do live there and we do intermarry, so I have some muslim relatives that I live close to… and you were right, I am probably generalizing too, sorry for that, but please don’t say that all muslim societies are backwards and stuff like that… and it is very unfortunate that you had to see the bad parts of Muslim society, but did you go to UAE and places near that, so many riches, I didn’t see one bum or person begging while was there..

I guess my point is don’t generalize that all muslims are backwards…

sorry for that mistake in my grammar, but i meant that muslims live close together in my state and hindus do live near them...

ld_avid said:
lol..i don't know where you get this stuff, first of all i don't where you got the "riding donkeys to work" thing, you probably saw a video of asians riding donkeys and thought all muslims ride donkeys...this is especially hilarious to me, cause 3 days ago, i saw a Bentley going to what i am assuming, work, let me think what the difference between a donkey and Bentley is, maybe it is the cost..

and the living in the caves stuff, my parents are doctors and i can guarantee you they don't live in caves.. lol, where do you seriously get this stuff..

the madrasas stuff, there are religious schools, but there are also secular schools that many children attend that are just like the regular US schools, maybe one difference would be that no one does drugs in the schools..

Muslims don't blow each other up, but that sounds awfully similar to the Oklahoma bombing to me...

I guess what i am saying, don't generalize about the muslim society based on the actions of a bunch of idiots..

ld_avid, i think freeandfun1 was just generalizing. You right one should never generalize, especially with topic like that. But you would agree that level of development and level of personal freedom in general is better in "western" world than in "islamic" one. Of cause there are similarities and in some cases (woman president) we can learn something from them, but in general....

i am sry i cannot leave this one alone:
. Iraq, sudan, afganistan and today action in west bank comes in mind, but hey what do i know

drac said:
I am sry i cannot leave this one alone:
. Iraq, sudan, afganistan and today action in west bank comes in mind, but hey what do i know

sorry i was being stupid there, i just spoke from my experience, one of the many things you learn from living life...

i would like to add one more and this is so funny to me cause i read some of klusener's posts..

you are probably wondering what the hell an Indian is doing in an american forum, but you should credit my membership to Mr. Klusener, who wonderfully introduced me to this forum.. lol.. but that doesn't mean that i support his views..

ld_avid said:
sorry i was being stupid there, i just spoke from my experience, one of the many things you learn from living life...

i would like to add one more and this is so funny to me cause i read some of klusener's posts..

you are probably wondering what the hell an Indian is doing in an american forum, but you should credit my membership to Mr. Klusener, who wonderfully introduced me to this forum.. lol.. but that doesn't mean that i support his views..

Any one is welcome here in imho. the more people from around the world join to this board, the better this board become and we all can learn more :cool: :thup:

ld_avid said:

Look, I want to welcome you to the board. So let's start this over.

I over-generalized and you did too. So we are even. But I still stand by my points that, in-general, the Muslim world is more backward and oppressed than the western world. A fact that I am afraid, is pretty indisputable.

Welcome to the board. We are, for the most part, open-minded. But as you can imagine, some of us are not too keen on the Muslim world right now. The negative side of the Muslim world is on FULL display right now, so the passions run deep. I would like to see a MAJOR Muslim cleric step forward to denounce what is happening, but it ain't happening. As long as it does not happen, the passions will continue to run deep as we will only know the evil side of Islam while the supposed "peaceful" side will continue to be a rumored mystery.

freeandfun1 said:
I would like to see a MAJOR Muslim cleric step forward to denounce what is happening, but it ain't happening. As long as it does not happen, the passions will continue to run deep as we will only know the evil side of Islam while the supposed "peaceful" side will continue to be a rumored mystery.

so much yes to this :thewave:
i would love even just some regular muslim people stand up and say to all those "islamists" stop hijacking our religion or some thing like that. Instead we see tv debates on if it is ok to hack someone head off if he is not muslim.

Soon we'll get the obligatory liberal toebiter coming in with "but the Arabs had an advanced civilization and invented math blah blah blah...." I know all this, but the question in life as in love always boils down to "What have you done for me lately?"

ld_avid said:
I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but i don't know how you can say that Muslim societies are backwards and oppressive..

please don't call me anti-american or something like that, but I mean Pakistan has already had a female president, but US with its equal rights for all still hasn't gotten a female president...

So if their female President was not elected and the whole promise of
democracy hasn't materialized at all in Pakistan, why is that impressive?

http://www.zan.org/news26.html

THIS is IMPRESSIVE:

Israel Golda Meir, Prime minister of Israel, 1969-1974.

This is NOT:

Bhutto grew up with an English governess and attended Western universities. She inherited the leadership of the Pakistan People’s Party from her father, Prime Minister Aulfikar Ali Bhutto, who was ousted in a military coup in 1977 and hanged two years later. Benazir, his oldest daughter, returned to Pakistan in 1986 after 10 years of detention and exile, vowing to restore her father’s party to power.

Sri Lanka was the first state to put a women in power as President:

Sri Lanka Madame President "Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga" has been in charge since November 12, 1994. Her Prime Minister happens to be her own mother, Madam Sirimavo Bandaranaike. Incidentally, Chandrika (before becoming President of Sri Lanka) was the FIRST woman Prime Minister. She held that office from 1960-1965 and from 1970-1977. Both of her parents, Solomon and Sirimavo Bandaranaike, had served as prime minister!

I think her role among the whole family who shares power is kind of unimpressive.

secondly, who invented algebra, geometry, the astrolabe and perfected the compass, without these columbus wouldn't have been able to find america, muslims are the founders of trignometry, one second i am just copying from an american university, the numbers we use, why are they called Arabian numerals, because the arabs got it from the Indians and gave it to the western world, the first person to find out about the circulation of blood was a muslim in 943, so many advances in medicine, math, astronomy, and you all them backwards and oppressive..

No doubt the number ZERO was duly credited to Islam. As for math, for example, geometry, I think we can credit many greeks for their advances in theory and assume that what little survived from Arabia was rather primitive to be anything but a minor contribution.

I also know from many courses in math there are very few Arabic names behind the theorums we now use on a practical basis today.

you can't generalize muslim society based on the actions of a bunch of idiots and i am not a muslim, i just want to be equal, i mean if you listened even one minute to the teachers in school, well to be truthful i didn't, you would know about the contributions of muslim society to this world, are there any teachers here??

I see the teachers who have been recently filmed in Palestine, and what they do is horrifying. I also have a problem with the Madrass institutions and what they teach in the name of education.

Math and science isn't what the adults choose to teach in Arab schools. Instead the Jewish hate and Islamic matrydom values are making the greatest impression and encouraged among the culture.

Whatever they might have once accomplished, the whole society isn't contributing anything but violence and hate now. Is that so unfair, to hold them accountable like that?

I will generalize Muslim society by first claiming that whatever the travesty carried out in their name, even the most liberal Americanized Muslims won't provide condemnation as a unified effort to stop their own extremsts.

On general, Muslims won't do more than latch alongside the left when they are allowed to do so in a free society.

And constantly, Isreal is a key issue and their obvious favoritism for Palestinians continue despite the suicide bombings to date.

This is typical and almost uniform in all Muslim cultures.

I generalize about this because it's clearly true in the vast majority of cases.

Comrade said:
So if their female President was not elected and the whole promise of
democracy hasn't materialized at all in Pakistan, why is that impressive?
Very good point, ty

I don't want to send US tax dollars to the Middle East to support Israel.

I don't want Americans to be the big brother who has to bail the troublesome little brother out of trouble all of the time.

Any society that allows its members to run over others with bulldozers is not progressive, ,but regressive.

Harry Truman was an Ahole!!

Americans should wake up and study their Constitution, then figure out if we are treating others (directly or indirectly) as we wish to be treated, based on a wonderful document that our fore fathers created to guide us by.

Working Man said:

I don't want Americans to be the big brother who has to bail the troublesome little brother out of trouble all of the time.

Any society that allows its members to run over others with bulldozers is not progressive, ,but regressive.

Americans should wake up and study their Constitution, then figure out if we are treating others (directly or indirectly) as we wish to be treated, based on a wonderful document that our fore fathers created to guide us by.

Not disagreeing with you regarding Truman, but why do you say that? What's the Constitution have to do with any of your previous statements? Care to clarify?

Working Man said:

Salam Alechem Muslim Wroking Man..

Simply refuse to pay taxes based on your not wanting to supports Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, South Vietnam and many more.

You also might want to insist that the United States not share any military and medical technology from Israel that keeps you free and alive.

Yep and the US government allowed two more working men to get killed on worksites right here in Detroit last week. What kind of regressive government are you promoting here in America.

Harry Truman thinks a lot of you as well.

Can you read E N G L I S H? Nothing you have said has anything to do with what you have expressed. Were you born on the planet Uranus?

Those who have brains know of what I preach. Even if they don't agree with my opinion, they understand or at lease know where I am going with it.

The rest post rhetoric that is often flawed and biased as they see fit.

Forum List

Back