I Challenge Right Wingers to Watch Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Why is there no conservative equivalent to Colbert or Stewart? Both have been known to parody Democrats, so I wonder if their partisan appearance has more to do with the sillyness on the right than anything else.

Sarah Palin, the "I'm not witch" candidate and Michelle Bachmann give any good comedy writer reams of material - is there a collection of characters on the left as ridiculous as that trio?
Joe Biden beats all three of them.

Why is there no conservative equivalent to Colbert or Stewart? Both have been known to parody Democrats, so I wonder if their partisan appearance has more to do with the sillyness on the right than anything else.

Sarah Palin, the "I'm not witch" candidate and Michelle Bachmann give any good comedy writer reams of material - is there a collection of characters on the left as ridiculous as that trio?

Sheila Jackson Lee Quotes - DumbocratQuotes.com
Top 10 Outrageous Debbie Wasserman Schultz Quotes Human Events

you watch, they'll say that video had to have been edited.

And those smug ignorant condescending ones on faux news. They have all the right buzz words to shout their propaganda out.
Its so annoying isnt it?

What about those of us who can't stand the sight of smarmy and smug liberals? At least with a debate I can put them in their place. When I tried watching Stewart all I can do is yell at the TV about what an idiot he is for getting his analysis wrong. When I see these guys, this is what I think:

I Challenge Right Wingers to Watch Daily Show and Colbert Report.

They are the best TV shows for comedy and political news - when they're not on vacation. They would put rightwingers into cardiac arrest.

Here is the deal, as witnessed in this thread the left is always so sure and always so wrong. They brag that they know more then anyone else in the whole wide world.
I watch the Daily Show at times only for the comedy. But the problem with both those shows is that it is where a lot of left wingers apparently get their news. Listening to some left wingers it is not surprising they get their news from a comedy show.

The demographics of a show's viewers are reflected in their advertising. The talk shows on Fox Noise, MSBNC and CNN....Drugs for erectile dysfunction, bladder problems, Crohn's, dry eye and reverse mortgages. What age group might that be?

Colbert and Stewart's audiences are age 40 and under: beer and other alcoholic beverages, upcoming theatre films and other televisions shows.

Fox's average viewer age is OVER 65. No surprise there. That stupid bunch of fuckers is still running ads for selling gold. More suckers in the Fox viewership than the others.

They know so much that just isn't so.......

2013 Ratings Fox News 1 For 12 Straight Years Sheds Viewers Too - TVNewser

Fox News remained on top in 2013, capping off its 12th consecutive year as the most-watched cable news network among both total viewers and A25-54 viewers. The channel, which finishes the year fourth among all cable networks, beat MSNBC and CNN combined in total viewers. But like its competition, Fox News saw an erosion of its audience, especially among the key A25-54 demographic, in 2013. In primetime, the network is posting its lowest total viewer delivery since 2007 and lowest demo delivery since 2001.

And those smug ignorant condescending ones on faux news. They have all the right buzz words to shout their propaganda out.
Its so annoying isnt it?

What about those of us who can't stand the sight of smarmy and smug liberals? At least with a debate I can put them in their place. When I tried watching Stewart all I can do is yell at the TV about what an idiot he is for getting his analysis wrong. When I see these guys, this is what I think:

How many hours a day do you watch Fox News? I suggest if it pisses you off so much you might try CNN they distort the news in a way the left wing seems to like their news.

The demographics of a show's viewers are reflected in their advertising. The talk shows on Fox Noise, MSBNC and CNN....Drugs for erectile dysfunction, bladder problems, Crohn's, dry eye and reverse mortgages. What age group might that be?

Colbert and Stewart's audiences are age 40 and under: beer and other alcoholic beverages, upcoming theatre films and other televisions shows.

Fox's average viewer age is OVER 65. No surprise there. That stupid bunch of fuckers is still running ads for selling gold. More suckers in the Fox viewership than the others.

I bet you won't post non-partisan links to back up your claim.

Who are you to make fun of anyone for their age, granny?

Sorry, Ass...terism, you lost your bet.

Half of Fox News' Viewers Are 68 and Older
Fox News is losing younger viewers at an even faster rate than its competitors. With a median viewer age now at 68 according to Nielsen data through mid-January (compared with 60 for MSNBC and CNN, and 62 to 64 for the broadcast networks), Fox is in essence a retirement community ... If it is actuarially possible, its median viewer age will keep creeping upward. (It rose by two years over the course of 2013.)
Half of Fox News Viewers Are 68 and Older - The Atlantic

Fox News's Old Viewership Is Getting Even Older

Fox News s Old Viewership Is Getting Even Older - The Wire

So that means the people with more real life experience watch Fox?
That makes total sense.

People are getting older, whow does someone learn that on CNN?

Fox News is losing younger viewers at an even faster rate than its competitors. With a median viewer age now at 68 according to Nielsen data through mid-January (compared with 60 for MSNBC and CNN, and 62 to 64 for the broadcast networks), Fox is in essence a retirement community ... If it is actuarially possible, its median viewer age will keep creeping upward. (It rose by two years over the course of 2013.)

Now please look up the difference between median and average.

The biggest problem nowadays is people who still get their news from the television. Left or right. With the plethora of information online, why are people still getting their news from these worthless cable stations?

They're something like 6000 press web sites dedicated to disseminating news. And I'm not talking about blogs, though there are some great ones, rather these are the sites of every newspaper on the planet, as well as news agencies, independent journalists, stringers, foreign correspondents, combat correspondents, and especially the foreign press, which is largely ignored by our MSM. You're right. Only dolts vegetate in front of their TV's with their eyes glued on pretty talking heads from the MSM. If they're too stupid to take advantage of the enormous volume of information online, and to think for themselves, so be it.
Most people simply don't have the time to spend combing through Internet web sites, verifying claims, and researching issues. Working 40+ a week, taking care of a family, home, and other obligations leaves precious little time to spend on news. For most people, 15 to 30 mins a day is about all the time there is to allocate to news. That means one or two TV or Internet sites with broad coverage for local, national, and international news.

Why is there no version of talk radio on the left that has more than a couple listeners?
As far as why we dont have comedy political shows? We dont need comedy in order to pay attention to important matters.

Important matters? If those on the right paid attention to important matters it isn't obvious by the number of insipid threads and posts produced by them.

Want examples? Look up posts by Stephanie, CrusaderCrank, Rabbi, bripqt or LGS.

We're not the one's who require lame comedy to hold our attention.

Oh, look a confused hyperpartisan more interested in namecalling than truth.

Christine O'Donnell was the one talking about black magic and witches, not sarah palin..and sarah palin did not say she could see russia from her front yard...I know..I l know...you heard that on tv so it has to be true....
.LMAO..tv is for idiots..case in point..
The problem is that idiots can vote..They don't need facts or truth..just whatever they saw on television is enough for them.
keep watching tv, scooter..it's just your speed..

You really need to put your biases aside and try to read a bit more carefully. I didn't write that Sarah Palin was a witch, if I had it would have been a typo. Nor did I repeat the line, funny as it was, that Palin said she could see Russia from her porch. That was disabused years ago; however, her inability to answer Katie Couric was funny and hurt the McCain campaign:

COURIC: You’ve cited Alaska’s proximity to Russia as part of your foreign-policy experience. What did you mean by that?
PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land — boundary that we have with — Canada. It, it’s funny that a comment like that was — kind of made to cari — I don’t know. You know. Reporters —

COURIC: Mocked?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that’s the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our— our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia—

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We— we do— it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where— where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is— from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to— to our state.

Why is there no version of talk radio on the left that has more than a couple listeners?
As far as why we dont have comedy political shows? We dont need comedy in order to pay attention to important matters.

Important matters? If those on the right paid attention to important matters it isn't obvious by the number of insipid threads and posts produced by them.

Want examples? Look up posts by Stephanie, CrusaderCrank, Rabbi, bripqt or LGS.

We're not the one's who require lame comedy to hold our attention.

Why do you call it lame? Political satire is ageless, Mark Twain, Will Rogers and many others have used it to parody pols. Maybe you call it lame because they attack people you support, and in watching and listening to Colbert or Stewart you risk cognitive dissonance.

Lame yet again. The people you tried to use as an example didnt make a career out of it. They actually had other talents.

LOL, They did; point?

Median is more telling, average means very little. If half of the viewers of Fox are over 68, and half are under, Fox is in trouble. The reason, advertisers like the viewers to be in the spending population, those over 68 aren't members of that set.

Sheila Jackson Lee Quotes - DumbocratQuotes.com
Top 10 Outrageous Debbie Wasserman Schultz Quotes Human Events

you watch, they'll say that video had to have been edited.

Well, we know you can't claim your posts are edited, they are unique to you and no one could edit your posts so they made sense.

I bet you won't post non-partisan links to back up your claim.

Who are you to make fun of anyone for their age, granny?

So that means the people with more real life experience watch Fox?
That makes total sense.

People are getting older, whow does someone learn that on CNN?

In english please.

Young people don't watch Fox or any of the other major TV news network. They get their news off the Internet. About the only news shows that attract the young are Colbert and the Daily Show and there're not really news shows.

Joe Biden beats all three of them.

Only someone as stupid as you could post anything this ^^^ stupid.

Liberals or Conservatives: Who’s Really Close-Minded?

But University of Virginia Professor Jonathan Haidt’s new book The Righteous Mind doesn’t simply suggest that conservatives may not be as close-minded as they are portrayed. It proves that the opposite is the case, that conservatives understand their ideological opposite numbers far better than do liberals.

Haidt’s research asks individuals to answer questionnaires regarding their core moral beliefs—what sorts of values they consider sacred, which they would compromise on, and how much it would take to get them to make those compromises. By themselves, these exercises are interesting. (Try them online and see where you come out.)

But Haidt’s research went one step further, asking self-indentified conservatives to answer those questionnaires as if they were liberals and for liberals to do the opposite. What Haidt found is that conservatives understand liberals’ moral values better than liberals understand where conservatives are coming from. Worse yet, liberals don’t know what they don’t know; they don’t understand how limited their knowledge of conservative values is. If anyone is close-minded here it’s not conservatives.

Haidt has a theory regarding why this is the case, based on the idea that conservatives speak a broader and more encompassing language of six moral values while liberals embrace three of the six in a narrow set of core values. I see nothing wrong with this explanation.

But let me present a complementary, more practical explanation: If you’re a conservative who lives in a major metropolitan area or who simply reads the New York Times, you get used to being outnumbered by liberals. Liberals, by contrast, get used to being surrounded by other liberals, both in person and in culture and the media. As a result, liberals speak their minds freely, often in ways that are harshly condemnatory of conservatives and their stands on issues. As a conservative, you can defend your values against friends and acquaintances who essentially just called you stupid and evil or you can keep quiet.

Most conservatives, most of the time, choose the latter. That is, they stay in the closet to avoid being accused of hating the poor, gays, or polar bears. As a result, liberals aren’t gaining any commensurate information. In fact, the silence of their conservative friends helps reinforce their views. Much of the time, liberals’ views of conservative positions and values are simply a caricature that bear little resemblance to what conservatives actually think and, more importantly, why they think it.

But during that time when conservatives’ mouths are shut, their ears are open. They’re listening and understanding what liberals think—and what liberals think of them. Conservatives understand their own world—whether it’s of religious organizations, talk radio, Fox News, or whatever—along with the New York Times, network news world of liberals.

That helps explain why a conservative’s reaction to a liberal critique often isn’t “you’re wrong.” It’s “you don’t even know what I’m trying to say.” Haidt’s research seems to show that this reaction is warranted.​

As stated, "I Challenge Right Wingers to Watch Daily Show and Colbert Report."

If you are smart enough to debate politics, you can surely take a joke or two over politics.

I would also challenge the Left to take in the Mike Huckabee show, but clearly today, "THE LEFT KNOWS MUCH MORE ABOUT THE RIGHT WING THAN THE RIGHT KNOWS ABOUT THE LEFT"<-----fact

"Take a joke over politics"? Like Germans relied on Joe Goebbels for their propaganda?

Forum List

Back