I cell phone is not a necessity then why do they get them free when your on welfare

Why should anyone want to improve themselves when they get a $50 a month cell phone?

The problem with this country is the poor people don't suffer enough

Cell phones have only been around for a short time...are you saying the populous suffered without them before they came along?

Only the rich should have cell phones anyway

Makes everyone else act uppity

Only those who work and pay for cell phones should have them.....

Why should anyone want to improve themselves when they get a $50 a month cell phone?

That's a fact, Jack. If they actually had to suffer, or maybe be ashamed of sponging off of other people, they might not be "poor". They might find a way to drag themselves out and do something to support themselves.

I hear poor people even get air conditioning on my taxes

Why can't poor people just sweat?
A cell phone is a luxury . Why should our tax dollars pay for this. If they want a cell phone buy it themselves. PERIOD. Air conditioning can be a matter of life or death when you live in the deep south but you can do without a phone

You are a leftist tree hugger...poor people should be forced to sweat. That way we know who the poor people are

That's a fact, Jack. If they actually had to suffer, or maybe be ashamed of sponging off of other people, they might not be "poor". They might find a way to drag themselves out and do something to support themselves.

That is what is wrong with this country. When conservatives ran the world, poor people knew how to grovel and beg. These Libruls make it so poor people drive Cadillacs and eat lobster and filet mignon

Nothing stopping Libs from going out an buying 'em for folks....

...but they'd rather prattle on about how good hearted they pretend to be...

"Conservatives More Liberal Givers
By George Will
WASHINGTON -- Residents of Austin, Texas, home of the state's government and flagship university, have very refined social consciences, if they do say so themselves, and they do say so, speaking via bumper stickers. Don R. Willett, a justice of the state Supreme Court, has commuted behind bumpers proclaiming "Better a Bleeding Heart Than None at All," "Practice Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Beauty," "The Moral High Ground Is Built on Compassion," "Arms Are For Hugging," "Will Work (When the Jobs Come Back From India)," "Jesus Is a Liberal," "God Wants Spiritual Fruits, Not Religious Nuts," "The Road to Hell Is Paved With Republicans," "Republicans Are People Too -- Mean, Selfish, Greedy People" and so on. But Willett thinks Austin subverts a stereotype: "The belief that liberals care more about the poor may scratch a partisan or ideological itch, but the facts are hostile witnesses."

Sixteen months ago, Arthur C. Brooks, a professor at Syracuse University, published "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism." The surprise is that liberals are markedly less charitable than conservatives."
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers

'Course, we're speaking of social poverty...there really is no material poverty.
But you know that.

Why should we buy cell phones for poor people when they have conservatives to buy them?

Poor: no home, no heat, no food.

Know any?

Yes, actually. My friend from high school, Julia Dinsmore.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Name-Child-God-Not-Those-People/dp/0806656247]Amazon.com: My Name Is Child of God...Not "Those People": A First Person Look at Poverty (9780806656243): Julia K. Dinsmore: Books[/ame]

People should really be complaining about the high cost of cell phones and internet service in this country, and the outrageous profits of providers...

People should really be complaining about the high cost of cell phones and internet service in this country, and the outrageous profits of providers...

Oh I see, so you're totally down with people getting free cellphones?

It is outrageous if the government provides cell phones as welfare benefits.

Another outrage, no one here cares about, is that the rich get top-of-the-line cells phones tax-free.

That is what is wrong with this country. When conservatives ran the world, poor people knew how to grovel and beg. These Libruls make it so poor people drive Cadillacs and eat lobster and filet mignon

You know what else is wrong with this country? Libruls just cannot seem to assuage that deep-seated guilt they feel without stealing from some people so that the libruls can feel like they are doing good deeds for other people. Never mind that those they are stealing from have worked and earned that which is stolen. Ignore the fact that those receiving the librul largess have done nothing for themselves.
If you want to give everything you have to some drunkard on a street corner, I would be the last person to stop you. It's when you want to take what I have to give it away, now there's where we're going to have a problem...

Cell phones have only been around for a short time...are you saying the populous suffered without them before they came along?

No they shouldn't

Only the rich should be entitled to cell phones
In the good ole days, only the super rich could afford a mobile phone. That is how we knew they were rich. Now, any stiff can have a cell phone.
Even some of the schmucks on this board can afford them

No they shouldn't

In the good ole days, only the super rich could afford a mobile phone. That is how we knew they were rich. Now, any stiff can have a cell phone.

And the schmucks are welcome to them, as long as they pay for them. I pay for my own.
P.S. Cellphones are not an "entitlement".

No they shouldn't

And the schmucks are welcome to them, as long as they pay for them. I pay for my own.
P.S. Cellphones are not an "entitlement".

Bull shit

A cell phone is the ultimate luxury and should only be available to those members of society who have earned their standing. Next thing you know, average Americans will expect to be able to afford a house, a car and a color TV

It is outrageous if the government provides cell phones as welfare benefits.

Another outrage, no one here cares about, is that the rich get top-of-the-line cells phones tax-free.

link?

What do you need a link for, when you have my word and my explanation?

Rich people are provided cell phones by their companies. The companies write off the phones as business experiences, and the rich person receives the benefit without any reportable income. Even if they have to buy their own phones, they write off the phone expense on their taxes. This is an advantage of being rich, tax-free benefits and income for normal expenses and luxuries while f-ing morons in Tea Party demand tax cuts for the rich and tax increases for the middle-class.

Forum List

Back