I Can't Help It... The NEAR Complete List Of Teresa Heinz Kerry Gaffes

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
this is great, what a political wife...

http://colbycollege.blogspot.com/2004/10/kerrys-teresa-problem.html

Kerry's Teresa Problem
Teresa Heinz Kerry has a bad case of verbal diarrhea.

I'm not a Kerry supporter, but for those who are it should be dreadfully clear that someone at the Kerry campaign needs to tell Teresa Heinz Kerry to just SHUT UP!

Let's recap the many problems she has created for her husband:

October 20th, 2004
Laura Bush has never held a “real job”

In an apology later that day she says “"I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian" but doesn’t mention raising children as a “real job” despite the fact that 45% of American mothers are “homemakers” at some point while raising their children.

October 14th, 2004
Teresa promotes the Kerry Health Care plan and reminisces about her experiences with the medicinal qualities of “gin-raisins”.

October 10th, 2004
At a speech Heinz says the war in Iraq is "because of our need and greed for oil".

September 23rd, 2004
Teresa Heinz told a reporter: "who cares about Arizona?" when asked about Kerry trailing in the polls there:

during an interview in Arizona, she did not like being told that her husband was down in the polls. "He's still down in Arizona," the interviewer said.

"Who cares?" she replied, "One state is not a whole state." (whole country maybe?)
Watch the video

August 2nd, 2004
At a rally for Kerry Heinz says Bush supporters: "Want 4 more years of Hell".

August 1st, 2004
"What's That?" asks Teresa Heinz before ordering a bowl of chili.

July 26th, 2004
Teresa tells a reporter to "shove it!" after he asks her what she meant by "un-American" in a statement she made:
"We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics."
After being questioned about the "un-American" statment Teresa said: "I didn't say that, I didn't say that." She later returned to tell the reporter: "You said something I didn't say. Now shove it."

July 24th, 2004
Teresa's Halliburton Connection: As Kerry bashed Vice-President Cheney about his Halliburton profits it is revealed by the Boston Herald that:
Teresa Heinz Kerry liked the Cheney-run Halliburton enough to buy and sell more than a $250,000 in company stock in 1996, netting a tidy profit of up to $15,000, records show.

The Kerry family Halliburton investment is tucked in the Massachusetts senator's lengthy financial disclosure forms, reviewed by the Herald.

The records, which limit disclosure only to broad ranges, show one of the Heinz family trusts bought between $250,001 and $500,000 of Halliburton stock on May 13, 1996 - while Cheney was its CEO.

In one of many quick turnaround deals in the Heinz trusts, the Halliburton stock was sold less than two months later for a profit.

The disclosure form reports Halliburton dividends of $1,001 to $2,500 and capital gains at the sale of between $5,001 and $15,000.

Kerry spokesman Michael Meehan said the senator himself has not personally or jointly with his wife owned any Halliburton stock, saying Heinz Kerry's ownership didn't benefit her husband.

July 2004
COOKIE GATE: After Teresa Heinz Kerry's cookie recipe bombs in the 2004 Presidential Cookie Cook-Off she denies that the recipe is really hers.

See this from a July 28th NY Times Article:
Ever since voters began telling Teresa Heinz Kerry that they didn't think much of the pumpkin spice cookie recipe her office had submitted to Family Circle's presidential cookie bake-off, an aide said, Mrs. Heinz Kerry, the wife of the about-to-be Democratic nominee, has been thinking how she could tell America the truth: the recipe isn't hers.
In an interview on National Public Radio that was broadcast yesterday, the cookies came up in conversation and in the direct, unvarnished style that people have come to expect, Mrs. Heinz Kerry said: "Somebody at my office gave that recipe out and, in fact, I think somebody really made it on purpose to give a nasty recipe. I never made pumpkin cookies; I don't like pumpkin spice cookies."

April 10, 2004
The Heinz Company, which made Teresa Heinz the fortune she now enjoys today, is revealed as a "Benedict Arnold" company. The New York Post (4/10/04) reveals:
"Heinz owns 79 factories and 57 of them are overseas, with 72 percent of the firm's 38,900 workers outside the United States. They're everywhere from Argentina to Zimbabwe, not to mention Canada, which has taken over some jobs from Buffalo."

Heinz acknowledges that its overseas workers are paid less but says its products are sold overseas for less."

Febuary 26, 2004
Walmart Hypocrisy: Teresa blasts Walmart while she owns more that $1 million in Walmart Stock:
"Another thing that drives me crazy, and I hope I don't offend anyone here, is WAL-MART," Mrs. Kerry told a group of Democratic women activists at a luncheon in St. Paul last Tuesday. "They destroy communities."

September 14, 2003
The Heinz Foundation on which Teresa sits on the board funds the Women's eNews which publishes an article about a womens praising of her husband's decision to die for Hizbullah:
Like many Shiite Muslim girls in southern Lebanon, Rima Naji was married early, at the tender age of 13. By 15 she had delivered her first child--a healthy boy--and by 19 her husband Sheikh Fadi Abboud was dead.

"He was martyred on the 10th of February 1995. He was 21 years old," she says. "Thank God he died according to the objectives of Hizbullah."

July 2nd, 2003
Teresa's ENRON Connection: Kenneth Lay (John Kerry & John Edwards' 2nd favorite villain) has many links to Teresas Heinz and the Heinz Foundation. The Washington Times reveals:
Kenneth Lay, has been longtime trustee of the environmental-minded Heinz Center founded by Mr. Kerry's gazillionaire wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry...
Also revealed in the article is a...
correspondence from the Heinz Center to Mr. Lay, including the plea: "Ken, we want you to chair the forum. You are by far the best candidate. Simply stated, your background, expertise and experience make you uniquely qualified [to run our] global-warming [initiative]."
Ken or Kenny Boy?

January 17th, 2003
In an interview with the Boston Herald Teresa calls for the creation of a Department of Wellness:
She predicted she would be an activist first lady, lobbying for a Department of Wellness that would stress preventive health.
This is interesting because Kerry called for a Department of Wellness in early September after the GOP Convention:
In response to a question from a woman about the health problems caused by mold and indoor air contamination—and her complaint, "There's not one agency in this government that has come forward" to deal with the problem—Kerry endorsed the creation of a new federal department. "What I want to do, what I'm determined to do, and it's in my health-care plan, is refocus America on something that can reduce the cost of health care significantly for all Americans, which is wellness and prevention," Kerry said. So far, so good. But then, "And I intend to have not just a Department of Health and Human Services, but a Department of Wellness."

Teresa on Democrats:
"PUTRID!"
Teresa on strong Kerry supporter Senator Ted Kennedy:
"PERFECT BASTARD" & "Ted Kennedy I don't trust"
These quotes were from a 1976 book: "The Power Lovers: An Intimate Look at Politicians and Their Marriages".

My conclusion: It seems Teresa didn't think before she spoke even when she was a Republican.

Forum List

Back