I can't help but notice there may be a couple of racists posting here.

I

Indofred

The question is, why are they racist?

Plato suggest behavioural traits are innate, part of our nature we can't change.
Aristotle disagreed, suggesting it was all down to nurture.

Both, as with all ideas that use a "one size fits all" ideal, are wrong for the very same reasons extremist politics are in error.

Behaviour of an individual is a mix of nature and nurture.
However, there's a third, often ignored factor.

We have a saying in Yorkshire, "There's no one so blind as those that don't want to see".

Racists (and extremists of all other kinds) need to ignore obvious truths for their theories to work.
Surely they must be aware all blacks/women/Muslims/Jews/whites and so on all individuals, not a group with all the same behaviour patterns.

That hypothesis being the case, we have to examine what drives their irrational hatred.

Suggestions?

There are more than a couple of them here. We generally ignore them or neg them into the red star zone.

There are more than a couple of them here. We generally ignore them or neg them into the red star zone.

Maybe so.
I rarely neg rep anyone for anything on any forum; nor do I use the ignore button.

If I can't beat a poster in debate, I must be wrong.

Plato suggest behavioural traits are innate, part of our nature we can't change.

Both, as with all ideas that use a "one size fits all" ideal, are wrong for the very same reasons extremist politics are in error.

We have a saying in Yorkshire, "There's no one so blind as those that don't want to see".

Racists (and extremists of all other kinds) need to ignore obvious truths for their theories to work.
Surely they must be aware all blacks/women/Muslims/Jews/whites and so on all individuals, not a group with all the same behaviour patterns.

That hypothesis being the case, we have to examine what drives their irrational hatred.

Suggestions?

you forgot the anti-semitic terrorist supporters.

imagine that.

:thup:

Plenty of racists on both sides of the spectrum.

I'm not a shrink, I can't give psychological reasons, but I can definitely say that those who stand to improve their career by race-baiting are among the biggest culprits. If they took the energy they use fanning the flames and turned it in the other direction, we'd be getting somewhere.

Suggestions?

Hatred, just like everything else, is taught.

Trying to learn not to be hateful is harder when people around you are teaching hate.

Best just to have fun with them and hope they don't have children.

I hate Democratic party policies therefore its often assumed as racial hate. This is my racial statement for the day, its racist to criticize Obama many people think ....:nono:

Lots of racists here. All these liberals who support affirmative action, the govt-mandated persecution of white people, for example. Biggest hate crime in history. We need to stop denying people jobs and college scholarships because of skin color.

I think maybe you are confusing self preservation with racism. Imagine if there was a group NAAWP. Or a Congressional White Caucus. Or the NWPP. Now if these groups were separated by ethnicity that would be a different situation. Such as Italian, Polish, German groups, Kenyan, African etc. But these are groups separating themselves by nothing more then race. But shame to the WASP who does the very same.

The point I think I am trying to make is that the country is divided as it should not be and I point the finger in one direction, and that is with our President. HE has spread the racial division that seems to only be blamed on white people. HE has acted stupidly.

I think maybe you are confusing self preservation with racism. Imagine if there was a group NAAWP. Or a Congressional White Caucus. Or the NWPP. Now if these groups were separated by ethnicity that would be a different situation. Such as Italian, Polish, German groups, Kenyan, African etc. But these are groups separating themselves by nothing more then race. But shame to the WASP who does the very same.

The point I think I am trying to make is that the country is divided as it should not be and I point the finger in one direction, and that is with our President. HE has spread the racial division that seems to only be blamed on white people. HE has acted stupidly.

This President has acted stupidly on purpose. This President uses race like every other leftist to divide and conquor. Obama was the ideal candidate, white AND black. He talked a good game, then he did exactly the opposite and used race for political advantage when he needed it. This President has set back race relations at least 60 years.

Last edited:
Humans are racist by nature. It's a prehistorically developed self-preservation instinct, or perhaps a learned behaviour that looks like instinct, to be fearful of those who look differently than your own kind - your own family, tribe, group, whatever,

simply because they were likely to be your enemies and a danger to your survival.

It depends on what caused the OP to conclude there were racists. If someone is against obama is it because they are racist, or because they correctly conclude he is an anti American communist?

What is the evidence of racisim? If Mitt Romney refused to speak before the NAACP it could be said that he was racist who didn't find the votes of black people worth his time. When obama refuses to speak before the NAACP he's not racist, he's just taking their own racist votes for granted as fellow racists.

Forum List

Back