I Can't Frikken Believe This!!! Bubba Say's...

manu1959 said:
very diplomatic ..... i think it is because his wife is a carpet muncher

Holy sheet... :eek: You made me spit my drink at the computer..

I'm Arkansan. I knew about Clinton for years before he ever blew his load just thinking about blowing his load in the oval office. The guy is good at appropriating tax dollars in domestic concerns and lying to people. Those are his two main strengths. That, and he's a good public speaker, but that's kinda related to that whole lying thing. It's how he ended up not in a cell next to Jim Guy Tucker after Whitewater. What he's doing here is exactly what he did to get himself elected. He's pandering. Unlike Kerry, he's really good at being on both sides of an issue, since he doesn't do it as obviously. See how he said the war is unwinnable, appealing to the anti-war crowd that the Dems are famous for, but then says the Vietnam comparisons are unfair to win back a few of the people he lost by saying the war was unwinnable.

Hobbit said:
I'm Arkansan. I knew about Clinton for years before he ever blew his load just thinking about blowing his load in the oval office. The guy is good at appropriating tax dollars in domestic concerns and lying to people. Those are his two main strengths. That, and he's a good public speaker, but that's kinda related to that whole lying thing. It's how he ended up not in a cell next to Jim Guy Tucker after Whitewater. What he's doing here is exactly what he did to get himself elected. He's pandering. Unlike Kerry, he's really good at being on both sides of an issue, since he doesn't do it as obviously. See how he said the war is unwinnable, appealing to the anti-war crowd that the Dems are famous for, but then says the Vietnam comparisons are unfair to win back a few of the people he lost by saying the war was unwinnable.

He is so phoney I can't believe people don't see right thru him when he speaks.????

Stephanie said:
Thursday, Oct. 6, 2005 12:46 p.m. EDT
Bill Clinton: U.S. Likely to Lose in Iraq

Ex-president Bill Clinton is predicting that the U.S. will lose the war in Iraq, saying "the odds are not great of our prevailing there."

In an interview with the Ladies Home Journal due out next month, Clinton calls the Iraq war "a quagmire" and warns "it could go wrong."

He reminded: "Since the end of World War II, the only major foreign power that succeeded in putting down an insurgency was the British putting down the Malay insurgency, but the British stayed 15 years."

"So you can say for historical reasons, the odds are not great of our prevailing there," he argued.

Despite Clinton's prediction of U.S. failure, he said analogies to Vietnam were not fair.
"The reason this is not Vietnam is that 58 percent of the eligible voters showed up and voted in Iraq," he told the Journal.

On the other hand, he said, the South Vietnamese government was "never legitimate" in the eyes of the Vietnamese.

Clinton spokesman Jay Carson immediately sought to tone down the ex-president morale-busting remarks, telling the New York Daily News:

"President Clinton has always been clear that there are reasons for optimism and that there clearly are reasons for concern with the current situation in Iraq. But no one has been clearer than President Clinton about the necessity of winning now that we are there."

Still, Clinton's latest comments come just two weeks after he publicly suggested the Iraq war was illegitimate.
"The administration . . . decided to launch this invasion virtually alone and before the U.N. inspections were completed - with no real urgency, no evidence that there was any weapons of mass destruction there," he complained to ABC's "This Week."

This comming from an former president, while our military are in Iraq. He make's me sick.....

Clinton proved his disregard for the military from 92-2000 when he increased our commitment while squeezing our budgets to nothing. When I retired in 2000, we were in almost as bad as shape as when I joined during Carter's folly.

That's not to mention his attempting to use the military as a lab for his social experimentation policies.

The fact is, as far as warfare is concerned, the US military handily trounced the Republican Guard in DAYS, and if the politicians ever take the gloves off, the rest of the riff-raff could be dealt with almost as quickly.

GunnyL said:
Clinton proved his disregard for the military from 92-2000 when he increased our commitment while squeezing our budgets to nothing. When I retired in 2000, we were in almost as bad as shape as when I joined during Carter's folly.

That's not to mention his attempting to use the military as a lab for his social experimentation policies.

The fact is, as far as warfare is concerned, the US military handily trounced the Republican Guard in DAYS, and if the politicians ever take the gloves off, the rest of the riff-raff could be dealt with almost as quickly.

"take the gloves off"...this has been GW's folly also...he talks a great game then slips into the comma of political correctness...when will it ever end?

manu1959 said:
Ladies Home Journal

show of hands........how many think he got some in the green room?

Lol! Definitely.

Seriously, I think he and Shrillary are playing Good Cop/Bad Cop.
He gets to trash the White House, while she stays silent and plays the bipartisan moderate until she is (GAG) elected.

archangel said:
"take the gloves off"...this has been GW's folly also...he talks a great game then slips into the comma of political correctness...when will it ever end?

The problem is, in order to install a government and protect the people while rebuilding a infrastructure, the tactically efficient method would be to drive the Islamic fundamntalist groups into the open and contain them. This of course would leave the US open to the accusation of religious persecution; which, is pretty-much what it would amount to.

While the military invasion was almost flawless, the post-invasion occupation plans have been drawn up by politicians with the fat crayons. Anytime politicians are involved in military strategy, shit gets screwed up.

GunnyL said:
The problem is, in order to install a government and protect the people while rebuilding a infrastructure, the tactically efficient method would be to drive the Islamic fundamntalist groups into the open and contain them. This of course would leave the US open to the accusation of religious persecution; which, is pretty-much what it would amount to.

While the military invasion was almost flawless, the post-invasion occupation plans have been drawn up by politicians with the fat crayons. Anytime politicians are involved in military strategy, shit gets screwed up.

Mac Arthur and Westmoreland being prime examples...and most recently Tommy Franks! and we can also go back in time to Patton...all were great Generals who did not cater to PC! :coffee3:

I think what I find offensive about this is NOT that Clinton disagrees with Bush's political choices (even though we can find a plethora of Clinton quotes that support Bush's choices), Clinton is now, arguably, a private citizen who is allowed to express whatever politically-driven, hypocritical opinions he chooses.

What I find offensive about his statements is that he is CHOOSING expressing them publically at this particular time. There has always been an unspoken sense of decency between former and current presidents that Presidents and First Ladies respect the fact that being President is one of the most difficult roles a person can have...and that its hard enough to do the job without being torn down by the men who did the job before you.

For Clinton to come forward now, in the midst of the war, and make such negative comments demonstrates quite clearly that (just like when he was president) Clinton has NO respect whatsoever for the office of the President.

He is campaigning for Hillary and himself, always has been and always will be.

Gem said:
I think what I find offensive about this is NOT that Clinton disagrees with Bush's political choices (even though we can find a plethora of Clinton quotes that support Bush's choices), Clinton is now, arguably, a private citizen who is allowed to express whatever politically-driven, hypocritical opinions he chooses.

What I find offensive about his statements is that he is CHOOSING expressing them publically at this particular time. There has always been an unspoken sense of decency between former and current presidents that Presidents and First Ladies respect the fact that being President is one of the most difficult roles a person can have...and that its hard enough to do the job without being torn down by the men who did the job before you.

For Clinton to come forward now, in the midst of the war, and make such negative comments demonstrates quite clearly that (just like when he was president) Clinton has NO respect whatsoever for the office of the President.

He is campaigning for Hillary and himself, always has been and always will be.

I must agree with you on this one...Bill is looking forward to being the "First Lady" why any guy would is beyond my comprehension! The again Bill does like access to Interns!

Forum List

Back