I Can't Frikken Believe This!!! Bubba Say's...

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Thursday, Oct. 6, 2005 12:46 p.m. EDT
Bill Clinton: U.S. Likely to Lose in Iraq

Ex-president Bill Clinton is predicting that the U.S. will lose the war in Iraq, saying "the odds are not great of our prevailing there."

In an interview with the Ladies Home Journal due out next month, Clinton calls the Iraq war "a quagmire" and warns "it could go wrong."

He reminded: "Since the end of World War II, the only major foreign power that succeeded in putting down an insurgency was the British putting down the Malay insurgency, but the British stayed 15 years."

"So you can say for historical reasons, the odds are not great of our prevailing there," he argued.

Despite Clinton's prediction of U.S. failure, he said analogies to Vietnam were not fair.
"The reason this is not Vietnam is that 58 percent of the eligible voters showed up and voted in Iraq," he told the Journal.

On the other hand, he said, the South Vietnamese government was "never legitimate" in the eyes of the Vietnamese.

Clinton spokesman Jay Carson immediately sought to tone down the ex-president morale-busting remarks, telling the New York Daily News:

"President Clinton has always been clear that there are reasons for optimism and that there clearly are reasons for concern with the current situation in Iraq. But no one has been clearer than President Clinton about the necessity of winning now that we are there."

Still, Clinton's latest comments come just two weeks after he publicly suggested the Iraq war was illegitimate.
"The administration . . . decided to launch this invasion virtually alone and before the U.N. inspections were completed - with no real urgency, no evidence that there was any weapons of mass destruction there," he complained to ABC's "This Week."

This comming from an former president, while our military are in Iraq. He make's me sick.....

Maybe he got Syphillis while he was in office and its finally effecting his brain?

More likely he just wants to feel better about humiliating the US in front of the entire world by running from Somalia, so he hopes we lose in Iraq and he can feel like he didn't make a mistake after all. I'm pretty sure he needs a shrink.

Hagbard Celine said:
I'd like you to point out the untruths in what he has said. Since when has straight talk been a bad thing?

Specious historical reasoning, for one. The largest Empire the classical Greco-Roman world had seen up to the point of Ceasar was that of Alexander, and his empire collapsed immediately after his death. If you remember, the Roman Empire lasted 400 years after Ceasar. Just because alot of people who are really bad at doing something cannot do it, does not mean it cannot be done.

If the US were proceeding in a classic "imperialist" fashion, the insurgency would end fairly quickly with great loss of life on the ciivilian side.

And the unilaterist thing is getting old, as approx. 40 countries signed on. Uni means one. 40 is more than one. So France and Germany did not bestow their magical kiss of legitimacy. Get over it. I would contend that Macedonia or Togo could kick France's ass anyways.

theim said:
Specious historical reasoning, for one. The largest Empire the classical Greco-Roman world had seen up to the point of Ceasar was that of Alexander, and his empire collapsed immediately after his death. If you remember, the Roman Empire lasted 400 years after Ceasar. Just because alot of people who are really bad at doing something cannot do it, does not mean it cannot be done.

If the US were proceeding in a classic "imperialist" fashion, the insurgency would end fairly quickly with great loss of life on the ciivilian side.

And the unilaterist thing is getting old, as approx. 40 countries signed on. Uni means one. 40 is more than one. So France and Germany did not bestow their magical kiss of legitimacy. Get over it. I would contend that Macedonia or Togo could kick France's ass anyways.

Nice!!

Stephanie..This comming from an former president, while our military are in Iraq. He make's me sick.....

Me as well. The man knows no shame. but hey let's remember this was a man who participated in anti-US rallies on foreign soil, so once a commie always one I suppose.

I like how it was "the administration" that launched the war on their own. Must mean that all democrats and house republicans were against it on the onset.

Hagbard Celine said:
I'd like you to point out the untruths in what he has said. Since when has straight talk been a bad thing?

Bill Clinton wouldn't know straight talk if if fell to its knees and began fellating him at high noon in the town square. You have either failed to grasp the style of his dishonesty, or you're willfully blind to it. This is the man who slices the definition of the word, "is". Half-truths and convenient omissions ooze from him like slime from a slug.

From, "before U.N. inspections were completed...", he omits the dozen years Hussien flouted the rules of a complicit U.N.. From, "no evidence...[of] weapons of mass destruction", he omits the word, "found". No WMDs were FOUND. See "complicit U.N.", "hopelessly corrupt world body", and "actual, results-oriented investigation into oil-for-food scandal bearing down on complicit, hopelessly corrupt world body like an oncoming train". No weapons were found? My, oh my - how could that have happened? There must have never been any weapons. Can't this truck go any faster, Ivan?

Worst of all, though, is, "Despite Clinton's prediction of U.S. failure, he said analogies to Vietnam were not fair". From this, he omits the fact that America's enemies - from within and without - have most assuredly learned the lessons of Vietnam. America cannot be defeated militarily - she can only lose wars at home. As an enemy of America, Bill Clinton is doing his level best to assure that outcome - now as he did then.

Hagbard Celine said:

Kinda hard to lose a war when we have already won it. We liberated a nation the size of California faster than it took Bubba to raid the Branch Davidian.

The Iraqi vote on their constitution is coming up. Going to be exciting to see.

The latest estimates by both our generals and Rumsfeld are putting this war at lasting another 5-12 years. The average insurgency lasts approximately nine years. Clinton's point is that we'll never stay long enough to actually put down the insurgency. Regardless of what you may think, we're nowhere near where we should be in training Iraqi forces. We've been there what, two years now? And we've successfully trained one (1) fully operational Iraqi battalion. It seems like things could be going better. :huh:

Hagbard Celine said:
The latest estimates by both our generals and Rumsfeld are putting this war at lasting another 5-12 years. The average insurgency lasts approximately nine years. Clinton's point is that we'll never stay long enough to actually put down the insurgency. Regardless of what you may think, we're nowhere near where we should be in training Iraqi forces. We've been there what, two years now? And we've successfully trained one (1) fully operational Iraqi battalion. It seems like things could be going better. :huh:

First, terrorists arent insurgents.

Second, the insurgency in post WW2 germany lasted atleast 7 years. That didnt mean world war 2 still wasnt over far sooner.

Third, we have over 25 Iraqi trained battalions. One is completely made out of Iraqis. The other 24 or so have some American supervision. So your numbers are highly misrepresenting the situation.

BTW where the heck do you think we should? It took is 10 years to fully rebuild Japan and Germany. We are far ahead of that schedule.

manu1959 said:
Ladies Home Journal

show of hands........how many think he got some in the green room? :rotflmao:

You are way too funny, you crack me up.....

manu1959 said:
why thank you.....how is it being the only woman in alsaka ...... :eek:

Well, it can be kinda stressful, having to boss all the men around up here, but someone has to do it(sighs)..... But I use this :whip: :laugh:

Stephanie said:
Well, it can be kinda stressful, having to boss all the men around up here, but someone has to do it(sighs)..... But I use this :whip: :laugh:

somehow i doubt you need a whip....and i am sure they don't complain.

not many west coasters on this site......

back to topic.....why does clinton bash Bush I and Bush II then lap dog them?

manu1959 said:

Regardless of their differences they are part of a very select club. And most of the other members are dead.

Nuc said:
Regardless of their differences they are part of a very select club. And most of the other members are dead.

true but carter is not in there

and nixon ford regan carter etc... never ran around like this.....

manu1959 said:
somehow i doubt you need a whip....and i am sure they don't complain.

not many west coasters on this site......

Because he's a two-faced, back stabbing, sob? :smoke:

Stephanie said:
Because he's a two-faced, back stabbing, sob? :smoke:

very diplomatic ..... i think it is because his wife is a carpet muncher and he needs to be in the lime light so he can get some

Forum List

Back