I can't drive 55.

Drive 55, save gas -- get flipped off
Trip shows slowing down boosts mileage but can make you unpopular on the road

Nooooo shit. Wonder what their first clue was? People like me that have plates that say Moveit? People passing them, while making obscene gestures? People laying on their horn because some idiot's doing 55 in a 65, in the far left lane?

Duh.

Shattered said:
Nooooo shit. Wonder what their first clue was? People like me that have plates that say Moveit? People passing them, while making obscene gestures? People laying on their horn because some idiot's doing 55 in a 65, in the far left lane?

Duh.

The conclusion someone had in the article that everyone loses gas mileage once they go over 55 is false. This isn't the 70's where every car is a box and has the same aerodynamics.

Not to mention that lowering the speed limit to something as rediculous as 55 will just clog up the roads.

The ClayTaurus said:
The conclusion someone had in the article that everyone loses gas mileage once they go over 55 is false. This isn't the 70's where every car is a box and has the same aerodynamics.

Not to mention that lowering the speed limit to something as rediculous as 55 will just clog up the roads.

That's what I was about to mention. I usually commute at 60 (the speed limit), and get excellent gas mileage. And yes, when I'm driving slow like that, I'm in the far right lane.

gop_jeff said:
That's what I was about to mention. I usually commute at 60 (the speed limit), and get excellent gas mileage. And yes, when I'm driving slow like that, I'm in the far right lane.

That's what really should be enforced in this country, lane etiquette.

The ClayTaurus said:

Revenue...Revenue drives traffic enforcement. When left-lane violations are worth more than $50? for each citation, the States will start enforcing the law.

Taxation via Citation.

dmp said:
Revenue...Revenue drives traffic enforcement. When left-lane violations are worth more than $50? for each citation, the States will start enforcing the law.

Taxation via Citation.
So very true. Look at photo-radar and photo red-light cameras.

The ClayTaurus said:

Abso-freakin-lutely!

If more cops handed out tickets for going to slow in the fast lane, IMO traffic problems would drop dramtaically due to slower traffic staying right. Which simply proves that traffic laws and tickets are not about safety and public good but all about the CASH!

The ClayTaurus said:
I'm happy we all agree on this, let's go make a study on it.

Lets convince our local and state governments to repeal the speed limits and/or enforce lane ettiquette as a higher priority. It'll never happen because theyll die before you take their money but you can always try.

Hagbard Celine said:
I think I'd fall asleep if I drove 55 mph.

No kidding. I got caught in a line behind a slow car on a 2 lane highway some time ago. It's almost impossible to pass on that road. Doing 55 in a 70 and felt like I was in a parade.

Forum List

Back