I can see why Cooper and Degeneres are "trailblazers".

R

rdean

I have a pretty bad lung infection and under doctor's orders, haven't been to work this week so I have been watching a lot of daytime TV and I was struck with the "matter of fact" honesty of Anderson Cooper and Ellen Degeneres.

For instance, Kelsey Grammer was the guest today on Cooper and he mentioned he got a tattoo of the name, "Kayla" and Anderson said he is 45 and always wanted a tattoo but thought he was too old. Kelsey told him he could use the same name and Cooper said, "I better not use the name Kayla, with my history, I don't want to 'muddy the waters'." Knowingly, the crowd laughed and then applauded.

Ellen has talked many times about her "family" and drops names so often, the audience isn't even surprised.

Both come across as compassionate, warm and interesting people that you would WANT to be friends with.

It's these people who are real spokesmen for "civil rights". Relatable people who make it questionable why they wouldn't have the same rights as everyone else.

It reminds me of that amazing scene from "Do the Right Thing":

Illustration of definition of black people according to non-blacks is exemplified in the following scene from "Do the Right Thing."

Spike: Who's your favorite basketball player?

Turturro: Magic Johnson.

Spike: Who's your favorite movie star?

Turturro: Eddie Murphy.

Spike: Who's your favorite rock star? Prince!

Turturro: Bruce. Bruce!

Spike: All you ever talk about is ****** this and nigga that, and all your favorite people are so-called niggas.

Turturro: They're different. Magic, Eddie, Prince, they're not niggas. I mean, they're not black. I mean, let me explain myself... they're not really black... I mean, they're black but not really, they're more than black... It's different.

Spike: It's different?

Turturro: Yeah, to me, it's different.

--> And that's the paradoxical nature of being a black person!

Urban Dictionary: positive people

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLYTObRhcSY]Do the Right Thing (5/10) Movie CLIP - Racist Stereotypes (1989) HD - YouTube[/ame]

The real trailblazers are those that make the scary "common".

We had a calf once who had some awful pnemonia shit and the meds we gave her gave her hallucinations...I think you might have been prescribed something like that.

Maybe he meant they are PLAGARIZERS, not TRAILBLAZERS?

Not that I have any dirt on them....but I think it is just about as likely to be true.

Trailblazers? They are doing talk shows. Talk shows have been around for decades. Not exactly anything radically new.

Trailblazers? They are doing talk shows. Talk shows have been around for decades. Not exactly anything radically new.

You are like a pair of children's scissors. Cute, colorful. Not too sharp.

Gays accepted on TV and being openly gay is indeed new.

And being seen as "role models" which excludes you, obviously.

Forum List

Back