I Can See November From My House

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sinatra, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Man oh man are the stars aligning for a total thrashing of the Democrat Party in the November elections.

We now have Democrat Governors complaining about the abysmal handling of the economy by the Obama White House and Democrat Congress and this past week Smart Politics predicted HISTORICAL state-control gains by the Republican Party are coming in November - surpassing even those made in the 1994 elections...
    ___

...A Smart Politics analysis of nearly 1,800 gubernatorial elections since the beginning of the 20th Century finds that Republicans are poised to win more gubernatorial seats in 2010 than they have in any election cycle over the past 90 years.

...Republicans have not enjoyed such rosy prospects in gubernatorial races for most of the last 110 years.

____

Smart Politics - Republican Party Poised to Win Most Gubernatorial Seats in 90 Years

2. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    And in related news, Democrat Governor Phil Bredeson shows public dissaproval for the far-left policies of the DC-Democrats now controlling his party at the federal level...

___

With Democrats looking at potentially substantial losses in the midterm elections, the debate about the direction of the party is likely to flare again. Bredesen, coming from a southern state that has trended toward the GOP for some years, has long been an advocate for a more centrist party. His comments on Friday reflected his acute concerns that the Democrats' current problems are partly self-inflicted.

The Tennessee governor was particularly critical of the Democratic Congress. "We have put a lot of Democratic policies in the hands of committees and committee chairs who are not members of the New Democrats," he said.

...Asked what the political cost to his party could be, he said, "I think it's huge."
    ____

washingtonpost.com

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  3. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    And check out this scathing and all too accurate description of the Obama's negative impact on the Independent voter in America...

___

It is not hard to figure out why the President's support among independent voters has hit a new low -- 38 percent -- according to a Gallup poll released last week. Every week that goes by, the gap between the real world and the world Obama inhabits grows wider.

Obama lives in a world in which issuing commands and dispensing checks from Washington is the way to solve problems.

The rest of us live in the real world, which is a little more complicated than that. While Obama continues making speeches, issuing regulations, signing laws and sending out money to his political backers, the rest of us wait (and wait, and wait) for businesses to start hiring again.

Recovery summer? Obama can't spin this one - Sunday, Jul. 11, 2010

4. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    And yet another comment tying Obama to his own deceptions and incompetence...

___

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.

In a nutshell, when Obama says he inherited a huge deficit, what he is saying is "I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th."
    ___

Recovery summer? Obama can't spin this one - Sunday, Jul. 11, 2010

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    See you in November Mr Sinatra...

Methinks you will be sadly disappointed

6. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    In before Liberals say "All Presidents lose Congressional seats in thier first mid term elections".

7. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Just like obama and the rest of the democrats in Congress you are not listening to the people of this country.

Congressional Performance - Rasmussen Reports

8. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    Republicans in Congress still haven't convinced the party faithful that they have their best interests in mind.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 72% of Republican voters continue to believe that GOP members of Congress have lost touch with the party base throughout the nation over the past several years.

9. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    I did not say the republicans had their shit together did I? I just said the American people are fed up with those in charge now.

10. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,128
    72% of GOP Voters Say Republicans In Congress Out of Touch With Their Base - Rasmussen Reports